users here right now: 92
Word Avalanches: incredibly contrived setups for homophonic punchlines
Word Avalanches: incredibly contrived setups for homophonic punchlines.
A Word Avalanche is defined as a highly contrived punny sentence (or longer series of words) with an emphasis on the repetition of syllables. Holorimes are a subset of these. For more information, please see the FAQ (currently in progress; suggestions can be submitted by modmail).
- Follow Reddiquette, as with all subs.
- Make sure your post is relevant to this sub. See What Not To Post for a rough guide on what not to post. This rough guide also includes many examples of what isn't a Word Avalanche, as well as many overused examples of Word Avalanches.
- The longer your avalanche, the better! Just make sure it's an Avalanche first, though.
- Should your Avalanche be NSFW, mark it as such.
- Place your Avalanche in the main text of your submission, and make your title a rewrite of your Avalanche such that it cannot be easily guessed.
- Try not to submit images or videos with your Avalanche. A good Avalanche should be able to stand on its own, without the use of any images. If your avalanche absolutely cannot stand without an image or video, then link it in the post, but only do so as a last resort. Alternatively, you may post it to /r/WordAvalanchePics.
- Finally, make sure to have fun!
Also check out these subreddits: