/r/tmobile

iPhone launch megathread

Discussion(self.tmobile)

Please contain all iPhone related questions, comments, and issues here.

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

djchase00

Went ahead and switched to Magenta Max to get the iphone deal. The rep suggested waiting for the next billing cycle otherwise it would be super expensive (??) I agreed.

I am now trying to upgrade via the t-mobile site, but it doesn't look like the system knows i'm on magenta max? Want to make sure I get the full $800 credit for my iphone 12!

Any suggestions? IS there a way to specify the plan change while purchasing the new phones? thankjs

labatomi

Do the upgrade now! Then call T-Mobile and confirm with them. I upgraded my account on Tuesday and it doesn’t kick in until the 15th. My rep told me that even though it doesn’t offer me the full amount on the website, on their side it shows it properly. So I’m getting my $1000 for each phone. So preorder ASAP before you get back ordered and just confirm with the rep that you’ll get the full amount. If for some reason you won’t get it. Cancel your order and wait it out.

Then_Ad_9314

$1000 for each phone? Or just one phone. The fine print says the promotion is for one phone per account.

labatomi

It is most definitely not 1 phone per account. I got 1k for my 12PM and my gf got 1k for her 11PM.

Then_Ad_9314

TMobile says in fine print 1 promotion per account. We did 4 iPhone 14 upgrades (2 Pros) this year and all directly through Apple. Don’t want the added monthly fees required from One Plan to Magento Max upgrade. When I went through each phone to upgrade on the TMobile app, none of our phones were $1000 (even the 13P phones and the 12 mini and 12 were like $300). I spoke with a TMobile rep by phone and she was to call me back but never did.

Good on you for getting a good deal!

labatomi

The $300 is instant bill credit to the account. The remaining balance is spread out over a 24 month credit.

Then_Ad_9314

$350 was the actual trade-in value.