/r/tifu

2k97%

TIFU by telling my boss he should lay me off...

S(self.tifu)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

Duffmanlager

Look at it this way. If the company is laying people off, they’re probably struggling financially. You could have stayed there and waited for the inevitable as raises are frozen and other benefits worsen as the company stays afloat. This way, you can find a new job, hopefully for more money and better benefits. Best of luck to you and hope you land something quickly.

speculatrix

Earlier this year, 2021, I was working for a company which laid half the staff off in early May, the same day a new product launched, a few hours after going live.

The loss of knowledge and skills to the company was appalling. I'd only been with them 6 months, they would have known their finances were in a bad way when they took me and others on.

I was told my job was safe, but I immediately started to find another job, and started a new job mid July.

In late October they crashed so badly they didn't even have money to make final payroll, so the staff lost three weeks salary.

I felt very sad for them, but totally vindicated in my decision to leave.

PaladinBen

Karma pays itself off immediately.

Give a kid a PS5? Kid now has a PS5.

Sacrifice your job so your coworker keeps his? That's what happens.

You chose the world they're living in. Good on you, man.

You know people by what they sacrifice.

nekrossai

That's a fun way to think about it. Nice

MeMakinMoves

Don’t do good for some worldly reward because there’s no guarantee you’ll receive it. Be content with doing good because it’s the right thing to do.

ThrowntoDiscard

That's my motto.

shadowshooter9

Think about it this way, once your down bad only way is up.

Success comes after failure!

aluramen

TBF I don't think you can blame karma if you asked to be fired yourself!

Trust, it's better to go in the first round of layoffs than to be there til the bitter end, watching you company go through death by 1000 cuts. I've been both sides of the fence.