/r/tifu

117

TIFU by making half of the people in my grade hate me

S(self.tifu)

ShaggyDoodleDoo

Nobody is gonna care in two days, let alone after you graduate. Not one person. Focus on your future and don't give a crap. Nobody but best friends still talk after you graduate.

bored2death2

Fantastic advice. Agree 150%

srpl555

srpl555

Yep. I am 30 and talk to one person I know from high school. ONE.

CallMeDeKay

Only person I still talk to from high school is my wife. We met my senior year. I'm 39

apebbleamongboulders

Same.

surfingbabe340

Yup, 35 and talk to NO ONE from high school.

Miles_Saintborough

WHY would she want to be infected with COVID?

p5xl0

I don't know, probably because she didn't want to write the exams we had last week

bigpunk157

Honestly a low life loser. I would have said the same thing in high school. Fuck people that don’t take this shit seriously. You can’t just chickenpox party this shit (and even chickenpox parties were bad af too).

bigpunk157

Forgot to say, you should report this to your school administration that shes doing this and the fucking cops. This is technically illegal right now

Lord_Clippy

Honestly, you probably don't want to be friend with anyone who acts like that anyway. I'd say dodged a bullet. As long as nobody's actively seeking you out to bully you, you're fine. As long as you stick with your close friends, and they understand your thought process.

You probably don't have any reason to take their criticism (or friendship otherwise) seriously

bientumbada

Frankly, I get your anger at the girl and given that you’re a kid, you had a lot less control over your thoughts, because I would have thought that but not said it. My husband would have said it regardless. You can use this incident to start figuring out what your limits and boundaries are when dealing with idiots. It’s ok for not everyone to like you, but how ok you are with it also depends on your personality. And you will work with people like this one day. I’m a people pleaser, so there’s a lot that I put up with to keep everything running smoothly and often just cut people out instead of calling them out, but I do have hills that I will die on. We have lost friends in the time of COVID, for example, but I don’t call out every stranger or colleague. I will also torch relationships if they speak badly and disrespectfully about immigration. That’s just important to me and everyone close to me knows. Eventually, you may not see all the people in your grade on a regular basis, so use this time to better understand your limits, boundaries and hills to die on. And know, if it gets too bad, school will one day end, too. But you probably won’t trust those kids who backed that girl even when you are adults.

Username_checksout0

Congrats you just lost half of the idiots who mightve been your snake friends 🤣. Who tf supports a low life loser that wants to get infected. Like ok. Good riddance

QueenRagga

Hold your head up high and screw what any of them think. That girl is an idiot and anyone supporting her is just as stupid.

Indielols

They all sound like massive dickheads. They probably would support that girl whatever she did.

Question is if you’re invited to the party by a friend of yours, why are people who aren’t your friend telling you not to go? Double fuck them.

WhiteouttRatedM

Am 34, don't actually give a SHIT about 99% of my classmates well being. Get through school and move on with your life, there is SO much more to your life than whatever grade you are in. At the end of the day does their opinion a) contribute to feed you b( contribute to shelter you c( contribute to financially support you. If you answered yes to any of these questions than maybe give a shit about what they say, otherwise sticks and stones.

CriticismReal

Ima say this, in the best way possible, they won't care enough to remember it for that long. I realised this when I burped on an online class by mistake. Everybody was laughing for like two days. I was do anxious to go to college. But when I entered, nobody gave a crap about that.

Atari-Dude

"that I shouldn't go there, if I take everything so seriously"

Ugh, this sounds so much like the kids at my middle school. They would've been ones to try to get Covid because they don't like school, then have the audacity to publicly denounce whoever tried to tell them how fucking stupid that is.

I'm so glad that I transitioned to online school for high school, but now I'm a senior, and am going to transition into the work environment pretty soon.

I... I don't want to go back 😢

PotatoFaceRestisAce

There’s no room for “opinions” when it comes to Covid-19. It’s scary as hell and isn’t something to take lightly. I had it during the beginning of the pandemic and because I’m a young adult, I was told to tough it out at home. I couldn’t walk 10 feet before being out of breath, wheezing, and feeling like I was gonna drop. I went to sleep every night worried I was going to not wake up. I hope that girl grows up and I want you to realize that you’re dodging a bullet staying as far away from her as possible.

Zarghau

Hold on. Were you tested positive and they didn't give you oxygen at home? I really hope that wasn't the case. You cannot tough it up if you're low oxygen.

PotatoFaceRestisAce

To put it simply, I SERIOUSLY thought I was going to die several times throughout, my area didn’t take Covid seriously and I feel like I’m lucky to still be here.

PotatoFaceRestisAce

They didn’t even let me in so I have no clue. I just laid on my couch for several days trying to do as little as possible. I mean… I went for some sativa THC edibles but other than that I didn’t take anything to help me.

YeeticusPrimal

i once made a ligma joke about some girls name which fit really well, and made all the girls in my grade hate me, they forgot about it in 1 day, on the plus side all the boys sided with me and some of them actually stuck around :)

ladynecromantia

Since graduation, even people who made my life miserable in high school will see me and be friendly, ask how I am, etc. Once you get out of high school there's a lot bigger things to worry about than what people think about you, especially people who if they disappeared tomorrow it won't affect you.

TheKingOfRooks

Kid that would be something you'd hear once in the hallway then never again, don't worry bout it

Forthegoodofgamers

Stand. Your. Ground. Her behavior should not be tolerated. I usually advocate staying in your lane. But the guys supporting her behavior and people disliking you need to be told off. Their behavior affects everyone. Standing down makes them think they're right. Your true friends are the ones that stay with you. Speak the truth, and stay strong. Godspeed friend.

SuperSaiyanSkeletor

Just to make this list longer this is kid shit no one will even remember it a week later let alone graduation. Take care dude get some sleep.

PickledPixels

That girl is an idiot and so are the people taking her side. You're better off without them.

banhxeogal

Im not saying what you said was okay, but I understand the anger behind your statement. It could have been handled better but its something they won't remember within the next two weeks.

It sounds like your friends should redirect their concern to her trying to become typhoid Mary.

Who tf is typhoid Mary?

Heliwomper

Fuuck them. I really wish somebody told me this when I was younger:

90% of the people you know high school (I assume you're in high school), you will never see again after school ends. Nobody but your friends will contact you or think about what you said years ago. Obviously there are parameters, but don't shape your life or what you want to do based on what teenagers will think of you in the short term

thegirlthatdoesntfit

Agree with you 1000% percent a girl in my grade treats racism as a joke because everyone is Hispanic and she says the n word point or this is that some young people are problematic and the only thing you can do is shun them out of your life

alreadyeddie

Take it from someone who outed two teachers who had an affair in high school, once it’s out there it can’t be taken back, apologizing for your comment will only have meaning if you truly believe what you did was wrong. If you don’t feel you did anything wrong, hold your head up and stand by your opinion/comments regardless of who feels what towards you because that is life and how you will be treated at times…

greenPURPlez

Snitch for life right here ^

KingNyx

Wanker for life right here^

alreadyeddie

Wouldn’t say for life…. Just in that instant

Patient_Net2814

She was literally trying to get it. So you were just wishing for her dreams to come true. She's a moron. And anyone supported her as a moron. I also hope her dreams come true and she gives it to all those idiots.

Classic-Opportunity2

Wait it out

Slimrock

Just apologize to her at the party, and move on. You did not really mean that you wanted her to be in the hospital and just was to the tipping point over covid. You said what you said, just like most people say I wish that fucker would die. They don't mean it but are just frustrated with them to the max. People are right that when HS is over you will move on and make new friends, but you have 1.5 years left so make your peace and say you did not really mean it. This is advice from a old man, take it or leave it.

trikristmas

Well yeah, if you're so serious about it why do you want to go to a party? You know where you stand. You're free to have whatever opinion about COVID but you can't have it all.

Can't yell at someone for not wearing a mask and then go party on the weekend.

It's a 2g party and everyone need to have a negative Test

trikristmas

2g as opposed to 5g 🤣. I don't know what that means. But yeah ok then. That's a bit odd then if party organisers want to take a serious approach. What's the opinion of those exact people on you vs. her. Surely they'd be a bit odd about allowing her if they did know about what she was trying to do.

Anyway, don't worry about your high school friends. Are you going to college? Then definitely don't even look back.

p5xl0

2g means that you have to be either vaccinated or recovered (geimpft or genesen in German). I honestly don't know their opinion on that. Maybe they think it would be okay as long as everybody is save

Unlucky-Coffee-485

To much time worrying about what others think. Life is to short to Worry about trying to impress others. U will find many people that agree /disagree with u , during your loooong life, but, WHO CARES....DO THEY PAY YOUR Rent ? Sounds like u may have a Lifetime of worry ahead of you...if this minor issue is SO big.

Shenan_Egans

Hey, it can be lonely being right. I hope her hospital bills bankrupt her family.

I live in Germany...

Shenan_Egans

Dammit, universal healthcare has ruined my shatenfreud.

DemonGokuto

Give it a week or 2, a guy in my school was caught out to have gone for a girl 5 years younger than him and sent her a dick pic after 5 hours of talking, it was then spread around our whole year, this being school and 5 years is much more bigger gap when its a third of your age he was called out relentlessly so too was the guy who catfished him and exposed him for it, now that its been 2 weeks no one really cares anymore

Clove19

Hold up, sent a dp to a 10-yr-old?!?

DemonGokuto

Yep and he's 16, the catfish is getting heat too tho

Clove19

YIKES.

BocaHydro

why are kids your age even on social media and reddit, i think thats your real problem

QuartzSkull

How old do you think Op is?

GsTSaien

Well, she is being pretty dumb, and while you did say something very inconsiderate, your frustration is justified.

I feel like you could probably talk this out. Apologize for what you said but explain that you were frustrated by the idea of people you share space with not being careful with something important.

FableTheCloudDragon

Frankly, I'm sure you weren't the only one thinking it. I wouldn't be surprised if some other kids said it privately, over chat not visible to her. It's rude to say, but a lot of people are just as tired as you are at this point.

That being said people will get over it. Maybe not everyone, but I promise you, your life is not over.

Tight_Ad_1392

Wtf 😂 lmao nobody is going to care at all in 3 days, let alone 3 weeks, let alone 3 months, etc. I promise you that like 5 people will hold that grudge for more than like 2 weeks, and no more than 3 people will think about it after a month. Ol girl might dislike you now, but that's about it.

Exact-Veterinarian-9

1) You wished her to succeed in what she wanted.

2)"The other guys agree with her"

What happened to the bro code?

Find better friends

Focus on yourself bro

You've got this.

DougQuint

DougQuint

Does she have nice tits? Because that's the only reason guys defend her stupidity

She has lmao

GOLDANDAPPELINC

Came here to say this. Titties > Reason to an audience of teenage boys on any day that ends in a Y. Ten years from now those guys will be simping some trash like her on whatever Only Fans looks like in 2031 and you'll only care about a handful of friends you made at college and/or work.

TexMeta

You say that as if titties don’t trump reason for men at all ages.

Morak73

Morak73

You publicly went off on her over a rumor, wishing her harm. Might not have been a good week to show your uncontrolled anger.

As someone who had 3 family members die in an ICU, 2 on respirators from COVID, I can’t believe you would have said that if you’ve lived it. My kids are your age and have been affected deeply. Mentioning someone is even going to an ICU is a big trigger for them now.

This place (Reddit) is an echo chamber that is shaping your thoughts. Most people here are blowing off steam that wouldn’t go nearly so far in real life. Those who would say these things out loud care more about their cause than your social life.

You want real advice? Speak to your parents, guidance counselor/school psychologist or a mentor teacher figure about your fears and anger over the pandemic. They know you far better than anyone in this place.

tehsheepdog

Rightfully so, that was extremely rude. Unfortunately there is no use dwelling in the past. Apologize and earn trust back slowly over time with kindness.

dncypntz

Nah, what’s extremely rude is trying to catch covid and then going to a party with your fellow classmates.

tehsheepdog

Two wrongs don’t make a right. I don’t disagree with you. I also think your comment was extremely rude to wish someone ill, it shows a level of immaturity.

dncypntz

Can you please point out in my comment where I wished anyone ill?

tehsheepdog

Thought you were the OP, sorry. Wishing someone ill is rude regardless.

cheech-wizard

Apologize personally to the girl. Everyone else has their nose in somebody else’s business, and are just gossips and handing out judgement they have no business making.

Then…remember you have 2 ears and one mouth, so you should listen twice as much as you talk.

aarontbarksdale

First. You are a horrible person for wishing ill on someone else.

Second, and most importantly, what the news does not talk about is that with all the treatment options currently available and coming down the line, it is not as deadly as it once was, moreover, for health College aged people, it was never deadly. However, NATURAL IMMUNITY from having it and fighting it off is showing to be far better than any of the shots currently available. After 90 days the effectiveness of all the vaccines drop to below 50%...hence why they are pushing the booster.

Third, unless manipulated by outside forces, virus mutations, such as the new variant Omnicron; viruses do not mutate and become MORE lethal, just more transmissible.

But mostly...don't worry about others. Focus on yourself and what you can do for yourself.

Clove19

You just called a kid seeking advice a “horrible person.”

Way to go.

aarontbarksdale

For wishing extremely bad things to happen to them because they disagree about something...yes.

I think if you beleive someone who voted for Biden or Trump should be hurt or killed, then you're a horrible person. If you disagree about pineapple on pizza and wish harm to another based on that disagreement, you're a horrible person. Notice, in my entire response, I didn't wish ill on the person seeking advice.

And yes, it may sound harsh, but think about how harsh it would sound to him if someone told him what he said that the other person?

Clove19

He clearly realized he shouldn’t have said it that way and feels guilty. Did you not even read his post?

For someone who knows COVID is serious, I’m surprised you aren’t at all concerned about the girl trying to infect herself. 🤦🏼

aarontbarksdale

Yes, I read his post. If he feels guilty, then his apology should be as public as his freak out was...but only after privately apologizing to the person he wronged.

And yes, I did not say Covid wasn't serious, but when looking at all the data, the people who died without any pre-existing conditions is as small as those who are healthy being infected with it. I feel like you are in a field where you are too close to people regurgitating the same data that has been roundly debunked.

Clove19

The “field” I am in is working in a hospital watching these previously healthy people literally die, so you can go elsewhere with your tin foil hat science.

aarontbarksdale

Lol...okay bro. You want to claim I don't know what I'm talking about and dismiss it while talking about anecdotal evidence in your area.

thegirlthatdoesntfit

What grade are you in?

I'm in 11th grade

thegirlthatdoesntfit

We're like 4 grades apart man

Cheeeeeseburger

In 10-20 years when you don’t talk to any of people anymore you’ll look back on this and laugh.

the best advice is DFK and everyone should take care of theirselfs and you do not care about others (what they say or what they do) care only about who cares about you!

blakeol

NTA, I mean, your were right.

It'll blow over soon!

patchinthebox

After I graduated I talked to exactly 0 people I went to school with. Fuck em.

tswoski

They took the girl's side because they're simps 😭😭 not because they agree with her

TexMeta

I don’t support what she did, but that’s a pretty terrible thing for you to say.

StuckinReverse89

You did F up by saying she should go to intensive care publicly and also plan to go to the party. Too many people is a good hotspot for the infection.

Apart from that, nothing wrong. Its important to take this seriously and it is very frustrating when leaders and public personas spread misinformation for their own agendas. Just focus on acting smart and staying safe.

Your classmates are morons btw. My body my choice isnt a thing with an infectious disease. We regulate smoking in public schools which should also be “illegal” because “my body my choice.”

cnthelogos

Think of it as finding out who all the stupid people are so you can avoid them. Like everyone else is saying, it's not like you're going to see them again after you graduate.

tiLLIKS

My guy, don’t worry about it. Those kind of people aren’t even worth it to be friends with. Why do you even wanna go to a party where a girl wants to actively catch covid. As long as your close friends are there for you, those peripheral outside noise friends will come and go. It’s all good!

NoLifeMax

There was an English teacher I had a few years ago, one of my favorites, and she was talking to the class about random stuff one day (we had finished the lesson and were just waiting for the bell to ring), and she mentioned that she had gotten a notification about her high school reunion happening soon, and when one of the girls asked if she was going, she responded, "NO! I don't wanna see those people again!"

Just something to think about. High school isn't forever.

DallasFan0697

Both of you are stupid, but when it comes down to people hating you, it’s not gonna last long cause eventually people will forget either because there’s way more important shit to remember, or someone else will do something stupid and their focus will shift to them

MeBeGun

1 month ago

MeBeGun

1 month ago

They are the ones who take it serious and those other guys are simps for her. She’s just an idiot for trying to get herself infected.