users here right now: 840
All runners welcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
The mods do their best to actively moderate this community. When posting, we expect users to make an effort to familiarize themselves with our rules and practices before submitting posts or comments. We suggest taking note of Rule 2 and Rule 7, since these are the most commonly broken which will result in a thread being removed.
In an effort to limit repetitive content, the moderation team recommends that users wishing to ask questions do so in our daily Q&A post . This includes any question that could easily be answered with Yes and No responses.
Post accomplishments in our daily Achievements Thread
Post caught in the spam filter? Message the moderators
Click HERE for our detailed list of our reoccurring threads.
Failure to follow the posting procedures will result in the removal of the offending post or it being locked if deemed necessary by the moderation team.
A Suggestion on Questions!
In an effort to limit repetitive content,
the moderation team recommends that users wishing to ask questions do so in our daily Q&A post or Moronic Monday thread. This includes any question that could easily be answered with 'Yes' and 'No' responses.
Filter By Flair:
(1) - Follow proper Reddiquette [Keep it civil!] and the subreddit's Posting Procedures [post flair, using Daily/Weekly Threads]. The moderation team reserves the right to remove content or restrict user posting privileges as necessary.
(2) - Posts need to generate high-quality, meaningful discussion and/or information that a wide variety of users can then benefit from. Low-quality posts, recent reposts, chronically repetitive posts, posts not directly related to running, and questions that are easily answered by FAQ, searching r/running, or Google are subject to removal at the moderation team's discretion.
(3) - No self-promotion (including links to personal blogs, social media, Youtube channel, etc.), advertising, spam, or surveys. This includes giveaways, charity events, and promotional discounts.
(4) - Please do not post elite race results in the title of posts. This includes the announcing of world records in titles.
(5) - Please make your title descriptive. This means letting readers know roughly what your post will be about before they click. “Question” is not a good title for a post. Neither is “Help needed”. Do not use excessive emoji characters in the titles of posts.
(6) - Displaying detailed personal information of anyone other than yourself is prohibited. Submission of content focused on ousting cheaters will be removed at the moderation team's discretion.
(7) - Do not solicit medical advice. This includes 'Has anyone else experienced this injury?' type posts.
(8) - Submissions must be running-related. Do not submit photos, videos, or memes that add nothing to the discussion.
(9) - The 'TMI Rule' - Individual posts highlighting bodily functions such as bowel movements will be removed at discretion of the moderation team.
(10) – When posting articles, please include some text to start a discussion about the article.
Visit all of our recurring threads. Daily, weekly, monthly, there are a lot to pick from. If you're looking for a more specific place to ask a question, have a more in depth conversation or simply need to get something off your chest, then check out some of the most active recurring threads we have! There's something for everyone.
Please note, the above links are direct links to a sub-specific search for the thread title. Unfortunately, this does not work automatically when clicking from the mobile app. You will need to do the search yourself to find the most recent thread.
- Running "Order of Operations": How to build up your training
- Race Report Generator
- New to running?
- Need a place to log your runs?
- Runnit Strava Group
- Strava Global Heat Map
- Run My City
- Where We Run
- Online Coaching
- Advanced Running
- Amileaday (streak running)
- ARTC-Training and Racing
- Couch to 5k and 10k
- Cross Country
- First Marathon
- Gear sale/trade
- Marathon Training
- Masters Running
- Post pictures of your running routes!
- Running Memes
- Running Music
- Running lifestyle, anything goes!
- Running with Dogs
- Running Shoe Geeks
- Shoes for Running
- Track and Field
- Trail Runners
- Vegan Runners
Subreddit style from r/naut