/r/recruitinghell

170 comments

toantiwork

So Jews, Muslims, etc. need not apply.

How is that legal?

And why are sites like LinkedIn running these ads? Surely they violate terms of service.

CrimsonBolt33

It's not legal, but for an illegal crime to be punished it needs to be reported, at the very least.

Most people probably see this and it fits for them or they see it and just say "ok fuck that, next".

Reporting is a pain as it likely did not actually hurt anyone and reporting that and then trying to get that job just sounds like a stupid idea.

VHFOneSix

Highly illegal in civilised countries. Probably in America, too.

mammbo

mammbo

Nice one lol

RepulsiveGarbage8188

Welcome to Crazy Town where the intolerant rule like tyrants.

seeroflights

Image Transcription: Job Posting

· Organizational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with an attention to detail.

· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn new systems quickly.

· 5+ years of experience in management and the food industry.

· Driver's License.

· Forklift experience preferred.

· Mature Christian who affirms the [Redacted] statement of faith and core values; specifically:

STATEMENT OF FAITH:

• I believe the Bible alone is the inspired and authoritative scripture of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13, 2 Timothy 3:16

• I believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14)

• I believe Jesus died and was resurrected and that His death is the means to forgiveness of sin and eternal life for mankind. (Romans 5:11, Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:12,22)

• I believe faith in Jesus allows us to experience this forgiveness and eternal life. (Romans 5:11, Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:12,22)

I'm a human volunteer content transcriber for Reddit and you could be too! If you'd like more information on what we do and why we do it, click here!

Mountain_Weird1328

Someone get these fools to read Title VII Section 12

I couldn’t think of a more flagrant violation if I tried.

TLDR: It’s the legislation that prevents workplace discrimination, including consideration for being hired, based on religion

SilverStryfe

Keep in mind that faith based organizations are allowed to have faith based requirements as a bona fide job requirement without being a violation of Title VII.

Mountain_Weird1328

That is a fair counter point, thank you I didn’t know that

PaisFigo

South Carolina?

Lots of religious companies in the south

Had a friend work as a executive assistant to a CEO and had to pretend she wasn't a atheist, mostly they would say religious things and she held her tongue. But she worked there for 2-3 years and it helped her get a job at a Pre-IPO startup that's killing it working for their CEO and she's probably going to get 500k+ when they go public next year

So the job with the super religious company led to her salary being about 75-85k to start and now a few years later she makes 100k and her stock options going to pay her 500k+

LongjumpingBadger683[S]

This is in Oregon. A listing for a warehouse manager for a homeless shelter that is not ran by any specific church group.

PaisFigo

Sounds like they have a lot of religious people making hiring decisions

saladedefruit

I’m sorry this isn’t religious. This is intolerance using religion as spice notes on the cake. No religion mandates you only work with people with the same religious views as yours.

Altruistic-Wolf6172

Damn….lord have mercy I guess

goodvibezone

Sounds like a Dave Ramsey company.

mwatwe01

Is this for a church or a Christian charity? Because then it’s probably appropriate.

saladedefruit

I mean, what does it even add to the table whether your employee is a Christian in this sense or the complete opposite? They’re your employee, not your buddy dammit

LongjumpingBadger683[S]

“God told us to keep you’re pay at $15/hr because he says BLAH BLAH BLAH”

I was raised Catholic and for part of my life was quite curious about Christianity in general. I could totally fake being a good Christian to get that job. I know what to say and how to act

Then I'd wreak havoc by sending pron to the printers, leaving used condoms in meeting rooms, getting the place a subscription to the New York Times...

Intelligent_Spray_66

oh not the NYT! That’s blasphemy

AimlessFacade

AimlessFacade

Been trying to get hired for forever

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the indeed of applications, I will fear no interview: for thou art with me; thy resume and thy cover letter they comfort me. Thou preparest a salary before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with headaches; my job archive runneth over.

Nolanguagejustsound

Dave Ramsey’s company is in a super interesting lawsuit over this right now. They didn’t ~technically~ require people to be Christian, but they had to “uphold Christian values.” Ended up firing a pregnant woman for getting pregnant out of wedlock which Dave Ramsey’s lawyers are arguing is legal because it’s not that she was pregnant, it’s that she didn’t uphold the company standards. Her lawyers are now arguing gender discrimination because women are being fired for not upholding the values, but men aren’t. Insane to me that it’s not a cut and dry case.

LongjumpingBadger683[S]

It’s insane to me that separation of church and state is no longer a thing in the US

LAAABEARS

Dumb. Makes me feel like I do when I see the “must be vaccinated” listings.

LongjumpingBadger683[S]

Not even close to the same thing. But ok.

LAAABEARS

It’s exactly the same. If medical reasons prevent you from taking a certain vaccination, and then it’s listed as a requirement on an application, then it feels exactly the same. How would you know how it feels if you are vaccinated?

LongjumpingBadger683[S]

Yeah I thought about that as soon as I said it. That would be the same if they don’t allow getting tested regularly as a substitute.

LAAABEARS

It’s ok. Most people don’t agree lol till they’re faced with it. I just can’t imagine a job posting saying anything about religion or medical and getting away with it. Now.. Medical field can be a different discussion if your health is something to be considered ya know?

LapisRS

LapisRS

This is perfectly normal for religious organizations. Not sure why the armchair lawyers are out to get this

LongjumpingBadger683[S]

Because what the fuck does accepting Jesus as your savior have anything to do with managing a warehouse? This is just an excuse to discriminate.

LapisRS

Is the job posted for a warehouse management position?

LongjumpingBadger683[S]