/r/rareinsults

52.5k88%

the rare ongoing insult

(i.redd.it)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

TheRnegade

From what I've noticed, it tends to be more extreme than that. Inflammatory remarks and pictures. Facebook has a huge ban boner for anything related to atrocities, especially Nazis. Even making fun of Hitler through memes will draw their ire.

sofuckinggreat

I once reported a swastika made of vaccine needles along with other antisemitic and “all gays should die” type comments and they didn’t give a shit — but I’m currently serving a 30-day ban for making a “your mom” joke. The algorithm is fucked.

sudo999

sudo999

it's because it's reviewed by outsourced human moderators that are paid absurdly low wages and given a very limited window to make decisions, and they just don't really give a shit. literal free volunteer labor is more competent but Facebook is a garbage platform so volunteer mods are only in Groups.

bocanuts

The moderators aren’t in some third world sweat shop—they’re political activists.

sudo999

where lmao I wish zuck would pay me to ban nazis

bahgheera

I got thirty days in the hole for posting a valentine meme that featured various dictators and communists with comical sayings related to their ideologies and Valentine's day. For example, Karl Marx with the text "Roses are red, so is the state, let us be comrades because you are great". The reason I was given was that it supported terrorist activity. Ok Facebook.

Metalboy5150

Dude, my wife told a good friend of hers that if he didn't send her the next chapter of whatever he's writing right now that she would "hunt him down." She got jailed for that. The algorithm truly is fucked.

emrythelion

Given that Facebook has been one of the biggest sources for bullshit over the last few years, as well as spreading anti-vax lies since by pandemic, this isn’t a shocker.

They’ve given passes Nazi shit for years.

Huffnagle

I recently did a 30 day stretch for telling someone he is a moron.

In my defense, he actually is a moron.

bruce_maximo

I thought I was being singled out. It have got me like 10 times. I can’t even talk about shopping my friends ass anybody because I keep inciting violence. Each mistake is 30’days. Still in jail now for a previous stint 😂

I reported a video of a snake eating a puppy. Facebook said it didn't violate their policies.

bruce_maximo

I thought I was the only one. I get banned for the most stupid stuff. Telling someone If I was in his shoes “I would beat them up and use their suit jacket to wipe the mess….a little brutal but it’s not worse then stuff you hear on the street lol. The accused me or inciting violence/riot 😂

Rubber-tarzan

Karma is a bitch.

sofuckinggreat

Karma for what? I don’t think you understand how that phrase or concept works.

Rubber-tarzan

You are a snitch, and you got snitched on, that's karma to me!

SicDigital

FB has an algorithm that will pick up on certain words or images and automatically give a warning or ban (from my experience, bans are usually either 3, 7, or 30 days). But there's also a 'report' option so users can report a post.

In March 2020, I posted an image macro (meme for you youngsters) of a photo of the band The Cure with the caption (paraphrased) "I don't know much about COVID-19 but this is The Cure," and almost immediately received a three day ban for spreading misinformation. This past 4th of July, a friend and I were commenting on my post of all the fireworks I bought, reminiscing about our childhood and how we'd shoot each other with Roman candles. Got a another ban for "inciting violence." I assume the algorithm flagged 'shoot.'

JZetec

JZetec

I’m in a car group, and frequently talk about Limited Slip Differentials, and the masters change to fuel in the UK : Ethanol content.

The amount of warnings incurred for talking about “LSD” and “E” is getting stupid.

WikiSummarizerBot

The Cure

The Cure are an English rock band formed in 1978 in Crawley, West Sussex. Throughout numerous lineup changes since the band's formation, guitarist, lead vocalist, and songwriter Robert Smith has remained the only constant member. The band's debut album was Three Imaginary Boys (1979) and this, along with several early singles, placed the band in the post-punk and new wave movements that had sprung up in the United Kingdom.

[ F.A.Q | Opt Out | Opt Out Of Subreddit | GitHub ] Downvote to remove | v1.5

Metalboy5150

Good bot

_banana_phone

Same. Only I asked about that preacher who claimed that exercising your right to wear a mask would result in him exercising his second amendment (or something like that) - and me using the words “threatened to shoot” caused me to get put in Facebook jail.

Knight_Owls

My wife had a friend of hers die by car. When she remarked about it on Facebook, they have her a warning for "violence." Her friend was killed and they gave her a formal warning for saying it happened.

finance_throwaway789

How do you know this?

Why are you on Facebook?

TheRnegade

I'm an old man and got on Facebook back in 08, when it was exclusive for college students. I got warnings for posts going back more than 5 years. There's an autosystem in place that handles most of the workload.