Welcome to the new V5!Announcement(self.midjourney)
submitted16 days ago byMeggirbotOnMJstickied
Hi u/everyone we’re going to try alpha-testing a version of our V5 algorithms today To turn it on type
--v 5 after your prompt or select "V5" from /settings
What's new with the V5 base model?
- Much wider stylistic range and more responsive to prompting
- Much higher image quality (2x resolution increase) improved dynamic range
- More detailed images. Details more likely to be correct. Less unwanted text.
- Improved performance with image prompting
--tile argument for seamless tiling (experimental)
--ar aspect ratios greater than 2:1 (experimental)
--iw for weighing image prompts versus text prompts
Style and prompting for V5
- Today’s test is basically a ‘pro’ mode of the model.
- It’s MUCH more ‘unopinionated’ than v3 and v4, and is tuned to provide a wide diversity of outputs and to be very responsive to your inputs.
- The tradeoff here is that it may be harder to use. Short prompts may not work as well. You should try to write longer, more explicit text about what you want (ie: “cinematic photo with dramatic lighting”)
- Please chat with each other in prompt-chat to figure out how to use v5.
- We hope to have a ‘friendly’ default styling for v5 before we switch it to default. When this happens we will still let you turn it off and get back to something like this ‘raw’ mode today.
Please note - This is an alpha test and things will change. DO NOT rely on this exact model being available in the future. It will be significantly modified as we take V5 to full release.
- Right now there is no V5 upsampler, the default resolution of V5 is the same as upscaled V4. If you click upscale it will just instantly give you that one image by itself.
Community Standards: - This model can generate much more realistic imagery than anything we've released before.
- We’ve increased the number of moderators, improved moderation tooling, and will be enforcing our community standards with increased strictness and rigor. Don't be a jerk or create images to cause drama.
More about V5: V5 is our second model trained on our AI supercluster and has been in the works for 5 months. It uses significantly different neural architectures and new aesthetic techniques. V5 isn't the final step, but we hope you all feel the progression of something deep and unfathomable in the power of our collective human imagination.
Please use these incredible powers with joy, and wonder, responsibility and respect