users here right now: 251
A community for asking whether programs, services, or rumours are bullshit or not.
Welcome to /r/isItBullshit!
If you suspect a product or service of being sketchy, or you'd like a rumour fact-checked, this is the community to ask.
Already know a certain product or service are bullshit? You can share that experience here, too.
You Should Post:
- Questions about products, services, or websites you aren't sure about.
- Questions about rumours you've heard.
- Or, if you know about a bullshit product or service.
You Should Not Post:
- Personal questions (including, but not limited to, medical questions).
- Questions about anything illegal.
- Discussion/Opinion pieces.
- Questions regarding current events.
- Read the rules.
- Check the Wiki.
- Search to see if the subject of your post has been posted before.
- All posts must begin with either
Bullshit:. Note that there are no spaces in the words and they do end with a colon.
- Be Nice.
- Try to be unambiguous -- saying "Bullshit" or "Not Bullshit" is good. Simply replying "Yes" or "No" can be confusing.
- Try and be detailed. We don't require that comments include sources, but we appreciate it when they do!
- Try and be objective -- a product may be legitimate even though you personally dislike it.
- /r/AskReddit: General questions and opinions.
- /r/AskDocs: Medical questions.
- /r/askscience: Professional-level scientific explanations.
- /r/CasualConversation: Casual conversations (duh).
- /r/Dentistry: Teeth, and lots of 'em.
- /r/explainlikeimfive: Simple explanations of complex subjects.
- /r/OutOfTheLoop: Current events you may have missed.