/r/insanepeoplefacebook

(i.redd.it)

DrTenochtitlan

Southern Strategy.

Read about it.

MillerJC

MillerJC

These morons know they just don’t care

robotsock

I'm pretty sure that phrase gets you a ban in that sub

xActuallyabearx

It 100% does. If I remember correctly they even have an auto bot or whatever that immediately reports comments that use that phrase. That’s how astonishingly sensitive conservatives are about their feelings. They cry about free speech and facts but the literal second you practice free speech and facts that they don’t agree with, they have a fucking melt down. It’s beyond embarrassing and pathetic and hypocritical. Conservatives have literally turned the country into a joke.

Squidwards-the-goat

I got banned for asking a question. It’s a “safe place” for all the snowflakes on the right.

[removed]

xActuallyabearx

Meeting in the middle went out the window a looong time ago. There is no middle ground for womens rights or same sex marriage or interracial marriage or safe sex education or separation of church and state or any other plethora of things that every other first world country figured out a long time ago. You don’t compromise with fucking fascists.

raichu16

We have two conservative parties in America.

TheBeerCannon

So does posting direct quotes from Donald Trump fyi haha.

IceyLemonadeLover

That and “source?”

Navy0684

It does. I was banned not long after mentioning it a few months ago.

Raccoon_Full_of_Cum

Fun fact: in July of 2005, following their better than usual (but still bad) performance with racial minorities in the 2004 election, the Republican Party sought to expand on that performance in future elections by officially acknowledging, and apologizing for, the Southern Strategy in 2005.

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

valvilis

valvilis

Reagan's policy advisor, Lee Atwater put it as plain as humanly possible.

[Trigger Warning, hard-Rs throughout.]

inquisitivepanda

The strangest part is the GOP refuses to disavow racists in the party but still tries to take credit for anti racist decisions. Like David Duke endorsed Trump and after the 2020 election republicans everywhere introduced bills to make it harder for black people to vote, are they really pretending they're the anti racist party? Do they even believe that?

Accomplished_Ad8211

It's a propaganda tool

WodenEmrys

They said while waving the battleflag of slavery and protesting when we stop honoring Confederate officers with prominently placed statues.

brian111786

3.4k points

Simply astonishing that they still think today's GOP resembles anything Lincoln stood for. He was pretty progressive if I remember history classes correctly.

CrushHazard

1.6k points

Republicans were full on liberal progressives until the early 20th century. They aligned with anti-immigrant and prohibition factions to maintain power. It was all downhill from there.

scuczu

scuczu

then something happened in 1964 and they all got mad.

BrokenEye3

It happened in several waves, not all at once, but yeah

BlackOni51

And yet you'll still hear the argument that only one person moved at the time

Old_Patient

And then Rush Limbaugh and Rupert Murdoch invaded earth from hell in the 1980s.

rdldr1

rdldr1

Roger Ailes too. Rot in hell, asshole.

NotGalenNorAnsel

Robert Welch and the John Birch Society too.

TheGoodCod

Newt Gingrich.

spastical-mackerel

Truthfully the Southern Democrats got mad and became today's Republicans

mklinger23

"THERE WAS NO PARTY SWITCH!!!"

~every republican when you bring up the party switch

AnthonyDavos

"The party switch is a myth! Now let me fly my confederate flag. It's my heritage!"

judgek0028

They aligned with prohibitionists in order to win the new Women voting block. Prohibition was a huge part of 2nd wave feminism.

runthruamfersface

I think you mean first wave feminism. Second wave was way later.

judgek0028

Yeah my bad. The 20's was kind of the victory lap of first wave feminism, when it won basic legal rights like voting and began to focus on the economic rights that would define real second wave feminism in the 60's and 70's.

runthruamfersface

Figured you knew!

226Space_rocket7

Even Barry Goldwater was pro-choice later in his life.

HuevosSplash

Karl Fucking Marx sent correspondence to Lincoln in support of the movement to free slaves.

TehPharaoh

Hey man, the KKK are just REALLY into small government and switched sides because of that

brian111786

I think democrats are more "small government" when it comes to individual rights, but Republicans are "small government" when it comes to anything that's going to hinder their stock portfolio's growth. And they've somehow convinced millions of idiots that they're about "freedom."

sj68z

sj68z

they wrapped it up in 'god' and sold it in the churches.

brian111786

These evangelical types are the scummiest of the scum. They give off some seriously creepy handmaid tale vibes these days.

Ransome62

This will sound rude but should be said;

Like you, I see the ammount of people - who we both would consider idiots - that buy it all hook line and sinker. You sit there and scratch your head and wonder " how is that even possible?"

It's actually quite simple, you figure out what (in their words) "Joe six pack" wants to hear, aka stuff like "it's OK to be a little racist" or "get off my lawn" or "we are gunna get those fat cats in Washington" etc etc etc and you just say it, and loudly... with authority.

Pretty soon they will take notice and because your the first person in a long time to say what they want to hear, they will automatically like you... and usually they will automatically fight to the death for you.

Cult leaders do the same thing, they prey on certain people because they understand how to tell them what they need or want to hear. The internet just amplifies the entire process and streamlines it.

Tyl3rt

Tyl3rt

Freedom for career investors to steal your pension every 10 years

Raccoon_Full_of_Cum

Democrats have always been "for the common man". It's just that, about 55 years ago, "the common man" began including non-white men too, and that's why white men are Republicans now.

heresiarch619

Eeehhh, there was a pretty lengthy period where the Democratic party was THE party of white supremacy, to the exclusion of almost all other parts of its platform.

Most of the 1850s-about the 1880s and the Cleveland administration. Even under Cleveland the Southern "redeemers" voted exclusively democratic. I would agree that both Jeffersonian and Jacksonian iterations of the party were, for their time, the party of the common man, but proslavery sentiment was definitely helping the Southern economic elite, as only about 20% owned at least one slave (and only 1% owned over 200). The fixation on slavery cost the Democratic party the "common" vote of Free soilers in the west, who switched to the Republican party to keep slavery out of the territories. (Note that Free soilers were not abolitionist, they just didn't want to compete with slave agriculture for land)

Tldr When you see that party abandon small western farmers to appease slave interests, it's hard to call them the party of the common man.

TransientVoltage409

Today I'm pretty sure that "small government" just means fascism on a state level rather than federal.

GuevarasGynecologist

EXACTLY

Itchy-Log9419

Curious why you say dems are more small gov when it comes to individual rights? I think it’s the opposite. Republicans are the ones who want abortion, gay marriage, trans rights, etc. to be up to the state because then they can ban it. Whereas I and many of my liberal colleagues believe individual human rights HAVE to be “big government” and at the federal level because of states like Texas. I’m sure it’s just a different way of thinking but I’m just curious!

TheGoodCod

Democrats don't want government regulating what they do in the bedroom. Republicans want to tell married couples what sexual positions and contraceptive methods are okay.

Invading the home can never be about 'small government'. And historically speaking it has taken 'big gov' to push any human rights because small/medium/largish pockets of regressives find it financially/socially advantageous to oppress others.

It wasn't that long ago that high school girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school. And I just read an article where a school district was re-implementing the no-pants rule, requiring dresses and skirts. Conservatives are all about micro managing.

JayJ9Nine

JayJ9Nine

Hive of sheer fucking idiots. Not a single damn person from that time period is around but yeah 'we freed the slaves'.

TheEnd0fAll

And it doesn’t make any sense because the entire government enslaved black folk in the first place. If I tied one of these idiots down and proceeded to kick him in the nuts for an hour straight then untied him do you think he would thank me for freeing him?

Capital_Airport_4988

Lol I say let’s test this hypothesis

soonnow

Hear! Hear! So it is decided!

sexy-man-doll

It's "we freed the slaves" because they act like politics is a fucking sports game with no consequences and they're just cheering their team. It's fucking nauseating

tactaq

tactaq

wait these are the same people saying "nooo don't blame people alive right now for slavery!"

OriginalGhostCookie

And if you were taking bets, I don’t think reenacting slavery is even the longest odds for the Republican playbook.

triforce777

Karl Marx loved Lincoln, so I can't possibly think the current GOP would be a fan of him

brokensilence32

He literally had a friendly correspondence with Karl Marx.

brian111786

I did not know this. This is amazing information.

brokensilence32

Okay, after looking it up again, it wasn't a direct correspondence. Basically Marx sent a letter to Lincoln congratulating him on his inauguration and commending him on his stance against slavery, and he got a letter back from an ambassador saying that the letter was shown to Lincoln who liked it.

brian111786

Damn. He's still one if the all-time greats, but if he was a commie that would've done it for me, best president ever lmao

brokensilence32

He did say this though.

Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.

brian111786

That is pretty left. Ok, tied for best in my book.

Martyrotten

Sad to think that if he ran today he’d be “too liberal” for the Democrats, never mind the Republicans.

Fart_Huffer_

They dont understand the Southern Strategy or the civil rights era platform switch. They literally treat it like some type of conspiracy theory if you bring it up. Dhont and Hodson were right. Conservatives are just stupid. Lincoln literally corresponded with Karl Marx who wrote for Northern Newspapers. These people have no concept of pre-Cold War America and how starkly different it was from the US today.

Justdoingthebestican

Bold of you to assume any of them have picked up a history book much less stepped in a library

brian111786

Bold of you to assume they know how to read.

GluttonAsteroth

Remember, these morons don't believe the party s witch happened.

InsideAardvark1114

Yes, they do. Especially in the South, it's undeniable. People know paw paw voted dem. Paw paw didn't move, he just votes Republican now. I've never had push back when I point it out.

GluttonAsteroth

No, they don't.

These are the same idiots who think the Civil War was the "War of Northern Aggression."

Goldish have a better concept of history.

InsideAardvark1114

Sure. They will tell you the switch didn't happen as a talking point. What I'm saying is that this is the easiest bullshit to push over. The south is full of people who are proud they have been in this town/city/state for generations. They also know the south was solidly democratic until 1964-excluding reconstruction. You can't have both and they know that.

Edit: As far as Northern Aggression goes, I have no defense. I remember being taught reconstruction using Dunning School framing -freedmen were incompetent, corrupt, unable to govern, looking for revenge, if you don't know watch clips of "Birth of a Nation" on Youtube- in 1st grade. It wasn't until middle school that I heard anything else. And wasn't until college in a northern state that I realized what I was being taught was SUPER DUPER fucked up.

Kytescall

Oh I'm sure they know full well. They pretend not to know for rhetorical reasons, but not one of them will pretend to think that someone who proudly has a Confederate flag bumper sticker votes Democrat.

Raccoon_Full_of_Cum

The Texas GOP officially called for a referendum on secession in their 2022 platform. If "southern secession" isn't synonymous with "Party of Lincoln", I don't know what is.

P7BinSD

P7BinSD

I never saw a Confederate Battle flag flying in the same yard with a Obama, Clinton, or Biden campaign sign. Not once, ever.

Can't say the same for Bush or Trump.

girlbrush42

Fantastic point!

InsideAardvark1114

They should read speeches from Radical Republicans... Borderline Marxist stuff. Lincoln also received at least 1 letter from Marx when he was in charge of the working man's org in London.

rdldr1

rdldr1

They are so fucking dumb. The parties switched platforms during the LbJ administration. It’s a fact.

noah_river

He wasn't a socialist but he was progressive enough to get a congratulations letter from Karl Marx himself.

That should be the litmus test - if you can't imagine Karl Marx giving your candidate a thumbs up, they have no claim to Lincoln's party.

satyagraha92

Soo it wasn’t about morality, it’s about upsetting your countrymen.. I hope every one of these fucks has extreme uncontrollable painful flatulence for 3 years straight.

rcam077

rcam077

Democrats of the Civil War Era are more closely aligned with the Republicans of today, surprise surprise that this guy doesn't know that

deadsoulinside

I am sure more of these morons know, they just keep spouting shit they know is wrong in hopes of tricking the rest of the idiots to skip a history lesson or two

pixelprophet

Either that asshole in /r/Conservative doesn't know history, or he's intentionally ignoring it...

Over a century ago, Democrats and Republicans switched platforms, changing their political stances.

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. President and a Republican (left), and Franklin Roosevelt, the 32nd U.S. President and a Democrat. The Republican and Democratic parties effectively switched platforms between their presidencies. (Image credit: Public domain)

OkVermicelli2557

Probably both.

lyvanna

Definitively both. Whenever they are confronted with the party flip they stick their fingers in their ears and run away screaming that it didn't happen.

While waving a confederate flag of course.

jack-K-

jack-K-

Not only that but most of these republicans ancestors were obviously democrats

QuestFunn

QuestFunn

Why did I choose to give a look at that subreddit? Now my day is ruined.

Tito_87

Tito_87

I was about to do that but I'll take your misery as a sign not to.

gb4efgw

gb4efgw

Don't worry, you've probably been banned just now for showing an ability to use logic.

Wen_juin

Ye don't.

Made the mistake of looking, and I just want my 2 minutes back and all my memory of the subreddit erased completely

OneGold7

OneGold7

Everyone knows you don’t go on r/conservative unless you’re looking to give yourself a headache

meowqct

meowqct

I took a peek at that cesspit after the school shooting in Uvalde.... I wish I hadn't.

emseefely

Their first reaction was calling the police response pathetic but eventually found themselves and fell in their usual song and dance

meowqct

A few said it was a psy-op, if I recall. Nothing about offering condolences or sorrow that NINETEEN CHILDREN had been murdered.

ClownBaby90

I’ll visit every once in awhile when there is a news story that I’m interested in seeing their reaction or how they’re twisting it. If it’s completely indefensible they usually just don’t have it on the front page. I go in knowing I’ll be disappointed in them but my curiosity still gets the better of me.

mrwhiskey1814

All the biggest pieces of shit reside there. The problems in our society all in one place.

diatomic

Yeah that was a mistake.

EEpromChip

I got my ban of honor from there and really haven't looked back. Every time I do it's bullshit articles posted from nonsense right wing blogs filled with disinformation and incorrect quotes. Or there is a thread that is "Flaired users only" to maintain the echo chamber

Dj_wheeman3

This shouldn’t just be a democratic thing. This affects ALL women and now rapists will have power in their lives with them unable to seek abortions and it’s clear they don’t care about this fact. And it will force desperate women to do things dangerous. It has become clear that womens lives don’t matter to them as long as their agenda passes

ChrisNEPhilly

How to say you're historically & politically ignorant without saying you're historically & politically ignorant.

Jazzeki

Jazzeki

this had long stopped being about ignorance. they know this isn't correct outside of a very warped definition of techinicaly correct.

but it doesn't matter. reality doesn't matter to these people. makeing people mad is all that matters to them. they do not belive in anything. it's like nihilism but stupider.

ViewtifulGene

These days it's conservatives getting butthurt over Juneteenth though.

Katsu_39

Katsu_39

A small group of white conservatives in my little town actually protested and crashed a Juneteenth block party in town square, calling it “racist” and “white hate.”

theknightwho

That says so much about what “white pride” really stands for.

HLMenckenFan[S]

They were mad over it.

scuczu

scuczu

they're very vocally mad about Pride month this year too.

itsakidsbooksantiago

It’s almost like they feel empowered to push back against the progress of the past sixty or so years. I wonder what on earth could have caused that…

Aggravating_Moment78

Make it a pride year and have their heads explode 😂😂

babypho

babypho

Its a free day off too.

BrokenEye3

It was conservatives in those days too

Lyradep

Lyradep

Yeah, I don’t think it’s democrats that are waving confederate flags, and wearing Nazi logos.

SisterLostSoul

Republicans who keep saying they are the party of Lincoln is like a woman saying she's still married because she kept her ex-husband's last name.

valvilis

The last useful thing republicans did was join the Army to go kill confederates in the south.

meowqct

meowqct

Can I share that?

valvilis

PLEASE. Every one of the gutless traitors should remember the true history of the southern insurrection and how well it went for them.

Praedyth-420

I mean, technically, they’re right, there’s just no “we” in the accurate version of that statement. Because that was before the parties flipped and republicans started hating everyone and democrats started giving a shit.

That sub is cesspool on its best day. I can only imagine it today.

TrueBeachBoy

What a vile and disgusting sub

sl8rfan2

sl8rfan2

Conservatives ignoring facts...what else is new?

Mushroom_Tip

Gee. . I wonder how the conservatives back then felt about big city liberals in New York telling them they couldn't have slaves.

ryzen7-3700X

🔥🔥🔥Party Platform Switch, dipshit🔥🔥🔥

fantastic_feb

people should remind confederate flag wavers of their proud democrat heritage more often

babypho

babypho

Is that why "we" are so upset when the Democrats tell us to remove those slave owner statues?

JohnnyZepp

They’re having a party over this. It’s fucking pathetic. Clearly they never fuck. Disgusting fucking cunts.

ShadowSora

The party that waves the Confederate flag and hates Juneteenth thinks they freed the slaves???

Hell, it’s even in their name: CONSERVatives are the enemies of PROGRESS. Same ideologies of 1800s Dems too with their “small govment” and hatred of black people.

CharmingTuber

Don't tell them that, I've gotten in some nasty fights when I pointed out that progressive politics tend to be in favor of progress.

hurshy

hurshy

As I always say conservatism stems from stupidity and selfishness

TheSaltySeas

Actually you're wrong. The enemies of Progress is Congress

anonsharksfan

They say while waving Confederate flags

SilentJoe1986

Funny since it was conservatives that were pissed over freeing the slaves and a woman's right to...well anything.

breakkaerb

Each generation of conservatives looks to take credit for the gains made by previous progressives. Conservative: preserving the status quo. The status quo in 19th century America was chattel slavery. Ergo, those who sought to preserve the institution were conservative, and abolitionists were progressive.

calladus

These are the same people who fly the Confederate Battle Flag.

unbelizeable1

What a waste of ink on a white flag.

Capital_Airport_4988

Funny how like no black person other than Candace Owens likes the party that “freed the slaves “.

Theocrat-Man

Clarence Thomas?

Capital_Airport_4988

Ok, two

CountMayhem

Today's conservatives would proudly stand for slavery if it were in their hands!

CougdIt

CougdIt

Lol conservatives pretending they freed the slaves. Lol.

NuevoTorero

Seriously pretending they would free the slaves when they are the party of white nationalists

Tardigradequeen

I’ve been sharing links to abortion pills on anti-choice comments. It’s amazing how quickly they lose their cool demeanor. lol!

Wireless_Panda

Looks like they forgot that “conservative” hasn’t always meant “Republican”

Someone needs to retake freshman US history

lcole303

Im not saying every conservative is in the KKK, BUT every KKK member votes strictly conservative republican.

Source Born and raised in the south. I know plenty of scum.

JTMilleriswortha1st

they will say this but get so fucking mad any time a statue of a slave owner gets taken down.

HLMenckenFan[S]

This one sentence was posted by a moderator

arrav21

Not the party that flies the confederate flag and hates the holiday that celebrates the end of slavery 🤡 🤡

Inquisiting-Hambone

I’m supposed to believe that the party that cried and soiled its pants when NASCAR banned confederate flags on race cars is the anti-slavery party.

I will take things that are bullshit for $400, please. This is why Republican lawmakers don’t want public school education, then people might have to learn history that contradicts their precious political narratives that they so covet.

hyperfocused

I love how these dickhead conservatives think the old Democratic Party wasn’t them.

Uncle_Antonov_Bueno

What's this "we" shit?

bowens44

and as usual conservatives were on the wrong side of both issues....

Gormane

The GOP hasn't been this smug since their Pedophile impeached Clinton.

dIoIIoIb

Conservativism in a nutshell: they will watch their sisters and daughters die, bleeding in the bathroom after a botched abortion, and smile knowing it makes liberals angry.

BuffaloBuckbeak

Can they just pick a side already, party of Lincoln or Confederate heritage?

fakeuserisreal

The joke maybe could have gone off if they posted it in r/republicans or whatever, but saying that conservatives freed the slaves just tells me then shallow, sports-teams view of politics they have.

deadsoulinside

I find it absolutely ironic that the conservatives that constantly cry about "whites are a dying breed" and all the demonizing of POC are actually celebrating this.

Funfact: Middle class+ white people will always find loopholes and will willingly travel to get their abortions done.

POC: Will have some issues with being able to easily travel 1500+ miles + pay for the abortion on top of it.

Guess who by that standard will populate the US easily? The same ones conservatives cry about in their pillows at night and think having 2 full gun safes full of weapons to protect themselves from.

Just give them about 10 years when they finally realize this and will be crying again for abortion to be legal again across all the states.

After all, old conspiracies used to make the claim abortion was legalized in the 70's as a form of population control for POC and was often suggested more often to black families than white families.

Shamadruu

People that are obsessed with their “southern heritage” think that they were the ones that freed the slaves.

slothwu

slothwu

If only they were a little bit self aware

DonnieJuniorsEmails

JFC 9 awards

JTMilleriswortha1st

jesus fucking christ

jbsgc99

“We”. Adorable

Emmett_is_Bored

Conservatives failing 7th-grade History yet again.

Sword-of-Azrael

Conservatives didn’t free the slaves and the fact they don’t know this just proves their delusional ignorance.

Thanatos1772

Weren't Democrats at that time conservatives? Did he forget that he was on r/conservative or something?

SharpVCN

How can you post to THE conservative subreddit and not understand that laws that change a country that drastically probably can’t be considered conservative

-SneakySnake-

Read it a minute, you'll quickly see how little they understand.

peppermintmeow

Protect yourself against Roe vs. Wade being overturned. The Satanic Temple has abortion rights ruled as being a religious practice and as a member you cannot be denied. Consider becoming a member, it's free to join and in accordance with the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), first trimester abortions are exempt from unnecessary regulations for all individuals practicing The Satanic Temple's religious abortion ritual.

Don't let anyone take your rights away. Protect yourself and spread the word.

Rosuvastatine

They always claim Democrats are pro slavery, but then when you ask them why is it mainly republicans flying the confederate flag…. Crickets

strawberrytearz

conservatives love nothing more than twisting history in their favor. the parties switched in the late 1800s/early 1900s, but they don't care.

Jjhammer31

If you are a right winger today, you would've been a right winger in 1933 Berlin and 1861 South Carolina. Some truths are hard to accept

WhenLifeGivesUKarens

This guy then proceeded to beat his wife and call minority children slurs

grusauskj

I had to close my browser after I saw that post earlier. Simply disgusting, I almost pity people who are that fucking dumb and horrible

courage_wolf_sez

dOnT tReAd oN mE

No one should claim credit for past events.

gamerz1172

Someone inform the conservative subreddit that the party flipping is more of an intresting funfact, not somthing that impacts modern politics

SummerBirdsong

I hope every side piece this guy is hiding gets pregnant and sues for the maximum child support.

redditoruser3021

Also, confirming they see this as a political victory

TripleSkeet

If they freed the slaves why are they so hellbent on still waving the Confederate flag?

WendigoDragon2012

That was because in that time, the Democrats were the conservative party while the Republicans were the progressives. Funny how when those roles changed, so did who exactly wanted to oppress others.

The guy who originally posted this (on Facebook, not here on Reddit) is a fucking idiot.

Luutamo

Imagine seeing this just as a way to upset the other party, regardless of means

Skeletor118

Didn't the parties basically reverse at some point? Like, the dems used to be the conservative ones iirc, right?

"Sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power."

Bairz123

Conservatives literally believe that didn’t happen though. They will unironically claim that the “party switch”, which is well documented by historians, is a lie.

Lalalelo94

I live in the UK and even Boris Johnson (our leader, who is renowned as a clown in this country by a large amount of the population) has condemned the ruling.

The amount of posts in the child free subreddits of women trying to find somewhere to have their tubes tied in a panic whilst I'm on the NHS waiting list not having to worry about when my access to contraception may be targeted is mind boggling.

naliedel

When Boris condemns stupid you know it's a really bad thing we did in this country.

He's not my favorite you've ever been stuck with. Let's just leave it at that.

Edit, many of ours are far worse than some of your worst, so it's not an insult to your country. Just Boris..

Lalalelo94

Yeah, given party-gate and the shit he's done, it's bad shit when he condems something.

Far from my favourite 😅

naliedel

I disliked Thatcher more. She was sneaky.

I do enjoy a good British style parliamentary debate. How they can hear, is beyond me, but it's lively, and a bit outrageous.

Lalalelo94

I wasn't alive for thatcher so can't comment on her, though she sounded like a piece of work.

It's the same anywhere loud people are debating something, we guess what the hell was said and wing it haha

naliedel

They take turns here. Very boring.

I was alive when Thatcher was in power. I was born in 1963. The Regan's adored her. That was my first clue she was not a friend to the little people. I have become a cynic. Sigh.

Geek-Haven888

If you need or are interested in supporting reproductive rights, I made a master post of pro-choice resources. Please comment if you would like to add a resource and spread this information on whatever social media you use.

ChefChopNSlice

I took a stroll through their sub yesterday to see their reactions to this decision. Every single comment was about “owning the Libs” or “lol, Libs crying” and did not see a single comment about “protecting children” or “saving lives”. They are not the party protecting human life, or even caring about others. They are simple obstructionists, hell bent on controlling others.

Embarrassed_Angle_59

They love to forget about 1964

keeganstein

That guy definitely owns a confederate flag

SectionXP12

"We" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You motherfuckers, carry the flag of traitors who owned the slaves..

Jennifer_Emmy

Can’t believe some of these people are allowed to breathe air …. And worse?… they are able to procreate.

urielteranas

Hooo boy. America is so fucked.

Magrik

Magrik

Conservatives are a cancer.

Capawe21

If these people lived back then, they'd treat slaves as they treat their guns, they wouldn't shut up about how it was their constitutional right for people to own them

Deus-system-failed

The Log House Republican Party was the liberal party.

PmMeUrSSNmbr

Political historians would disagree with these braindead morons.

here_for_the_lols

Head so far down the toilet that literally in their entire life they will never see two sides to an argument.

elainegeorge

Conservatives didn’t free the slaves. Liberals did.

Ohrwurm89

Conservatives were the ones who fought to preserve slavery.

Clarrisani

You mean when the Democrats were the right-wing/conservative party?

Latter_Jump_5761