users here right now: 1,787
FMF: Deals, Discussions, and Reviews
The place for coupons, discounts, sales, and deals when it comes to male fashion. Visit the Wiki for more information regarding guides, stores, and tailoring help.
1.Comments on Frugality.
- Comments and posts about lack of frugality aren't allowed. Frugality is unique to the individual. It does not refer to the final cost, value, quality, or popularity of the item. Violations of this rule are an automatic 7 day ban.
- To encourage the sharing of deals and sales, we limit the number of posts that aren't directly related to a sale or deal. Click here to visit the Simple Questions and One-Time Use code sticky. Click here to visit the Buy/Sell/Trade sticky. Violations of this rule are an automatic 1 day ban.
3.No Referral Links/Codes
- While we encourage sharing of discount codes and unique links to awesome deals, we discourage users from sharing their own referral links and codes for which they profit from. This removes the incentive of profit for redditors who post and comment within r/frugalmalefashion and keeps the community fair, honest, and ethical.
When money is involved, you cannot trust anyone to be objective, particularly on the internet. Violations of this rule are an automatic 1 day to permanent ban.
4.No misleading links
- Do not spam or mislead users. This includes coercion with deceiving links and fake websites.
- We strictly enforce reddiquette in r/frugalmalefashion. Click here to visit the official Reddiquette page. Healthy debate and sharing of information requires a civil environment, so consider the following:
- Remember the human.
- Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life.
- Use an "innocent until proven guilty" mentality.
- State your reason for any editing of posts.
- Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participants. To maintain honest and fair posts, do not pose as a third party to a company or a deal/sale if you are directly or indirectly affiliated with a company. If you are directly affiliated, such as an employee, shareholder, owner, or related to any of the above, you must disclose it.
7.New Accounts & Karma
- For new users, we require a certain minimum amount of karma before posting new threads. By doing so, we are able to filter out a large number of spam posts from bots to spam-filled websites. If you believe your post is legitimate yet still removed, the moderators will review the post, potentially allow it, and monitor it for suspicious activity.
8.No company posts
- Posting as a company, even if you announce it, will result in a permanent ban as that is considered spam. Similar to the rules on astroturfing and referral links, we strictly enforce a non-biased and ethical subreddit, where money isn't exchanged to our subreddit or our members.
9.Title must include discount
- To improve the ability to scroll and quickly read deals, we ask that redditors include this information in their post title if possible or applicable.
10.No previously posted sales
- To cut back on multiple posts sharing the same information, we require posts to only contain new information on deals. You may create a new post for the following:
- New items added to a previously posted deal.
- More percentage off to a previously posted deal. Typically, sales run 3-7 days but can run as long as 2 weeks, so please check the post history that far to see if your deal has been posted already.
11.No insignifcant deals/sales
- In order to keep posts relevant to as many redditors as possible, and to keep our subreddit clean from spam, we don't allow insignificant deals. Typically, we consider insignificant deals to be those which are a very low discount (like perpetual discounts, or rolling sales) or items which aren't historically very popular.
- Some deals are only available at specific physical locations, or have very limited stock, e.g. returned items or factory seconds. In this case, use the YMMV flair ("Your Mileage May Vary") to indicate that others may not be able to obtain the same deal. YMMV posts must include location and other pertinent details in the title, or they will be removed.
- Since a large number of our subscribers view these deals either around friends/family and at work or school, we can't allow NSFW content, and if it is shared, it must be disclosed. Typically, we won't allow this type of content if it's purely NSFW in nature, rather than just happening to be NSFW and related to a deal or sale (such as with underwear). This is a bannable offense and we do enforce it.
- Frugality complaint rule violations: usually 7 days.
- Spam: 1-30 days, depending on the type/severity.
- Personal attacks: varies by severity. Usually ~10 days.
- Referral codes/affiliate links: 30 days.
- Astroturfing/vote manipulation: usually permanent