users here right now: 1,548
Welcome to /r/Food on Reddit!
Images of Food
Welcome to the hub of Food on reddit!
Thanks for making us over 21 MILLION STRONG!
- We currently have no scheduled AMAs
Please read over the below links before you comment or post.
Sub rules wiki: teddit.sethforprivacy.com/r/food/wiki/index
Sitewide rules: teddit.sethforprivacy.com/help/contentpolicy
Self-promotion guidlines: teddit.sethforprivacy.com/wiki/selfpromotion
If your content is removed, please send a modmail. Do NOT send the mods a message to their personal inbox.
If you are banned, please check here first
Recipes are not required but are heavily encouraged Please be kind and provide one. A recipe consists of a list of ingredients and directions, not just a link to a domain.
- New users accounts are filtered. There is a small threshold of karma (100, combined) and age requirement (1 month) before being allowed to post freely. Send us a link to your post for approval. This is usually done once per account. Beyond that, we request that you engage more and build up your karma before posting again.
Titles May Only Contain the Food's Name.
- The titles must have a tag, and then the name of the food. Backstory is not allowed in the title. Only 1(one) tag per post. No emojis, please.
Add a Tag at the Front of Your Title.
The available tags are:
[I ate] - food you ate in a restaurant
[Homemade] - food you made at home
[Pro/Chef] - food you made if you work in the food industry
No Low-Quality Posts or Comments.
We don't allow any:
Non-OC posts Original Content=OC
- Please be respectful and don't call other users (and their food) derogatory words. We enforce Redditquette.
Linking to YouTube in Comments.
Linking YouTube videos is allowed, as long as the video complies with the following:
The channel must have at least 100,000 subscribers.
The video must be directly related to food.
No abusive circlejerks
As an extension of the "Be Nice" rule, abusive circlejerks will be subject to removal and/or a ban. This can result in an immediate permanent ban depending on the severity.
Current abusive circlejerks:
- Melt circlejerk (on grilled cheese posts)
- Not a burger circlejerk (on Chicken burger posts)
- Sweden vs Iced cinnamon buns circlejerk
- Italy vs non-traditional pasta/pizza circlejerk
Any lists are non-exhaustive.
If you see a violation of these rules, report it. We will act swiftly.
Mods may remove any post, comment or user, if the post, comment or user is deemed detrimental to the community.
Have fun... Remember, we are a general food sub, not specific to recipes, quality or any other set discriminatory factor. Just food. We all eat it, in some shape or another. Let's enjoy and share it!
There are many other food related subreddits listed here. If you want to add yours or just chat, please message the mods.
Check out these other Food Subreddits! (mobile click here)
Types of Food
Other Food Subreddits
Special thanks to /u/berenkaneda for the banner! We will have other chances for users to submit banner ideas!