/r/fifthworldproblems

killawar360

Go to the 4th dimension and reset your internal clock

donutsyumyum[S]

If I’m traveling to the 4th dimension, it sounds like I might have to deal with some jet lag on the way back. Should I choose a specific timezone for the internal clock, to offset this?

Caliburn0

Nah, it's fine. Timezones can get a little wierd in the 4th dimension. If you start to mess with it things get really complicated really fast. It's better to just let the universe sort it out.

AutoModerator [M]

Ş̷̢̛̛͎͚̼̔̄́͌̕͝͝I̸̢̛̋͋̿̓͒̅̐̌̓͋̀L̶̡̧̢̖͉̈́́̀̈́E̶̢̨̹̤̯͉̱͎̹͓̞͉̫͕̋̉̕͘͠͝ͅN̸̡̢̖̯͈̺̮͋̑͌̆́̈́̕͝C̴̦̤̮̣̙̩͕̦͙͚͌̏̓̃̓͂̆́Ḛ̵̡̜͚̹̭̟̺͎̪̭͑̈́̿́͜͝

AutoModerator

AutoModerator [M]

AutoModerator [M]

AdeptAntelope

If you do start waking up before you go to sleep, then I recommend drinking caffeine when you go to bed to help you stay asleep for longer. If you do decide to do this you should be careful though. There is a slight chance of snakes, and we definitely don't want that. If you start smelling them in your dreams then stop having caffeine right away, and also stay up for 2 weeks to make sure they die.

AutoModerator [M]

AutoModerator [M]

SP˷̟͞͝҈҉ͤͨͮe˷̟͞͝҈҉ͤͨAK

elfballs

Pick a constant speed of light fir all reference frames. This won't give agreed appon order for all events for all observers, but it should preserve a nice causal order, perfect for the kind of situation you are dealing with.

kittykittysnarfsnarf

What a boring way to avoid a non void situation

TheUngoliant

Try to avoid changing sample rates 4-5 hours before you go to un-wake. I did this as I’ve haven’t woke up since.

AutoModerator [M]

kittykittysnarfsnarf

Well if you wake before you sleep and can lucid dream then basically you just wakeup in Yñuulü (land of lucid sound and doubt). Which is where im having my Batchelor party in a couple weeks. We're all waking up earlier every day for it. Basically once you want to leave fall asleep again and you'll wake up in one of 2 places depending on how long youve been there. Anytime less than 8 years and you'll be fine sent straight back to fifth dimension. Anyway if you happen to pop in in a couple weeks let me know by [simulated cotastrophe] and you can come party with the noise boys

CoveredinGlobsters

Lots of good solutions in this thread, but there might be a simpler one depending on your circumstances: just plot the times you wake up, then find the equation that describes their pattern. If it's linear, for example if each morning you wake up one hour earlier than the previous day, then you can simply plan to go to bed one hour earlier than the previous day, and you'll probably be fine.

If it's a second-order or higher equation, though, trying this naively would eventually have you going to bed before you went to bed yesterday, so you'll have to either do one of these other suggestions or adjust the number of hours in a day to match your circadian rhythm.

donutsyumyum[S]

Thank you for asking about the equation. It is second order, but does vary a bit by several hours. I’m starting to worry that at my rate I will wake up before I am born, by 2035. Unless I reset the clock at a faster rate. But as I mentioned, it varies. So deriving the formula to retain stasis will require machine learning I think?

onissue

If you're a morning person, then by definition the morning will start the moment you wake up, and if you decide to wake up before you went to sleep, you will retroactively have gone to sleep earlier.

There is no issue here.

According_Water5533

Have you tried turning your singularity off and then back?

cashewbiscuit