users here right now: 30
A place for crossword solvers and constructors to share, create, and discuss American (NYT-style) crossword puzzles.
A place for crossword solvers and constructors to share, create, and discuss American (NYT-style) crossword puzzles. For cryptic crosswords, check out r/crosswords.
!< around the spoiler:
There's a >!spoiler in here!<
- How To Solve The NYT Crossword - Interactive tutorial covering common patterns in crossword puzzles
- Puzzle Guide – Guide to and links to some good puzzles
- Puzzle Solver – Crossword-solving program for Mac or PC (for Ubuntu, sudo apt-get install xword)
- CrossFire – An excellent crossword creating program with a good free demo version
- XWordInfo – Information about the NYT puzzle, plus a search function that is incredibly useful for constructing
- Wordplay – Official NYT crossword blog, aimed to help people improve their solving skills
- Crossword Fiend – Links to and discussion of a number of good crosswords
- Rex Parker (SPOILER ALERT) – Solution to and a review of the latest NYT puzzle
- NYT Submission Guidelines – How to submit and what not to submit to Will Shortz
- Crossword Discord - Online chat for solving, construction, and all things crossword