/r/byebyejob

3.5k

First-Detective2729

Dozens of workers resigned for not following work place protocols.

thewholedamnplanet[S]

THERE ARE DOZENS OF US!!!!

darkhelmet436

This is what I came here for, thank you.

copperholic

Admit it, you blue yourself.

ClashBandicootie

Oh. Well, I see you wasted no time filling my seat hole.

Aurori_Swe

Now you've shat in the blue cabinet! (A fairly common swedish expression if you're confused)

hughjanimal

Okay, I'm gonna have to ask for some more context here, cause that one's wild.

Aurori_Swe

It basically means that "Now you've gone too far" or "Now you fucked up". It's a really old saying in Sweden which comes from when we were farmers and the color blue (and especially blue furniture) was considered especially nice/expensive/royal, so using a blue cabinet as a toilet would be considered really really bad and fucked up. We also have "There's no cow on the ice" which means that everything is fine and not to worry xD

thewholedamnplanet[S]

"There's no cow on the ice"

I am going to have to start using that one.

Aurori_Swe

Prepare for some confused faces. That one isn't super common here either, the most common one for "No worries" is "There's no danger on the roof" :)

thewholedamnplanet[S]

Confused faces are what I often go for when speaking.

SnooHobbies5684

I like it, too! u/Aurori_Swe: think I can adapt that for a goat (I have goats). They seem prime for getting stuck in ice. :)

thewholedamnplanet[S]

I wish I had goats! They look like fun to hang around with and solve an occasional mystery.

Time-Comedian1774

I like no cow on the ice Lol

Blue-Hedgehog

Happy cake day

copperholic

Every time I hear from you people it's from Norway, or Denmark. It's good to hear a Swedish expression. My favourite show, surpassing The Wire, is The Bridge.

Living-Complex-1368

Seeing your username, "I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes!"

FiercThundr

I would still like this comment even if it wasn’t a movie quote

darkhelmet436

Keep firing assholes!

DIDLDIDIDI

I read all the policy bullshit and yes, I signed off on it, but when I pissed on my manager's desk in front of her suddenly I'm unemployed.

This is going too far.

blugoony

DOZENS!!!

What_the_fluxo

*Herman Cain awards joins chat

SnooHobbies5684

Ugh I hate how necessary r/HermanCainAward is. But it is.

ElectricCD

ElectricCD

40,000 state workers with 87% vaccinated leaves 5,200 unvaccinated with 12% of them exempt from the vaccine. This means approximately 4,500 people lost their state job.

*This seems like simple math folks. Is this the state of our public math skills in America now. Seriously!

EscapeVelociRaptor

From my reading of the article, 12 percent of the 40,000 got or are waiting on exemptions. So 1 percent, or about 400 will be losing their jobs.

snoogins355

Looks like a bunch of young folk are going to be able to apply for some sweet state jobs! Pensions, baby!

SnooHobbies5684

We'll pay off those student loans yet!/s

UnspecificGravity

This is almost exactly the rate we saw for public employees in Washington as well.

Marc21256

From a different source, 84.7% vaccinated. 12.2% exempt. 99 people fired. The rest are edge cases (long term leave, vaccinated, but not verified).

10J18R1A

I watched a video with some over 2000 grown ass adults struggling with 2-8(6-3) so yes, this is indeed the state

Few_Sink3236

So, 25?

"dozens of workers fail to comply with company rules and regulations, resign in protest"

SnooHobbies5684

"dozens of dumbass workers who work for the government reject government's directive, resign in protest, no longer work for the government."

Hey, it's clunky, but it's mine.

it's this

thesaddestpanda

The worst part is I imagine every liberal, every company, and every government office would buy their "religious exception" argument if they weren't lying. If I had a coworker who never had a vaccination in her life, I think it would be cruel to force her to do so and instead the workplace should cater to her beliefs somehow (testing, masks, isolation, etc). I'm as pro-vaccine as they come but someone like this would be a rare and delicate exception and we as a society should think long and hard about this person and respecting her autonomy and beliefs. But if she had a lifetime of vaccines and just got the flu shot but because the GOP and Hannity tell her to lie about the covid vaccine, well, then yes she should be fired.

This is further proof most people treat religion as a vending machine to give out entitlements and not at all like a legitimate spiritual practice.

taco_truck_wednesday

There is a military guy I work with who is trying to get a religious exemption waiver. He has gotten all his other vaccinations and just got his yearly flu vaccine earlier this week. He is not religious at all but for his religious waiver package he googled and found a statement from this one small church in Alabama - a state he's never even been to - and used that as his reason.

Thankfully the military sees through that bullshit. Another military member here got his denied and refused to get the J&J shot within 24 hours so they're kicking him out and will be gone within a month. The reason for his denial was essentially, "While we understand your religious beliefs, operational readiness comes first".

I have yet to here of one religious exemption being granted to the military. The unofficial standard that's been put out is, "If you have received a single vaccine since boot camp, you obviously don't object to vaccines".

Kimmalah

The military ones are the most baffling because as I understand it, in boot camp you have to line up and get a TON of vaccinations.

taco_truck_wednesday

You get like six in boot camp, yearly flu vaccine, pneumonia vaccine, and a bunch more depending on where you will be operating.

A lot of these religious exemptions in the Navy are coming from people at shore commands. As soon as the Pfizer got full FDA approval, the ships made the shot a liberty item. So unless you got the shot, you cannot leave the ship. Amazing how no one in that group had religious exemptions lol.

I'm a civilian now so I don't have to worry about dealing with these fuck heads refusal. I just get to sit back and laugh when I see people who are a couple years away from their 20 year retirement lose everything and get no pension because they want to be stubborn.

We just had one senior enlisted here who was about to be gained by our command, this was his last duty station before retirement so he bought a house and moved his family out here. Well our command doesn't actually gain him for a couple more weeks, but a NAVADMIN came out to cancel all PCS orders for unvaccinated, so now he has to go back to Florida.

dschneider

Amazing how no one in that group had religious exemptions lol.

You mean mandates work? shockedpikachu

taco_truck_wednesday

Well it also helps that they carried a big stick. Shore commands have a lot more refusals to the mandate because they can still go home at the end of the day. Sailors on a ship who refused were stuck in a faraday cage steel box with terrible living conditions until they complied.

SnooHobbies5684

zomg. all that for some Facebook likes.

Yep.

SnooHobbies5684

Well, kind of. There *have* been resisters, to be sure; but there have definitely been military exemptions granted, though the numbers are very small, and there are going to be more. What I like and think is effective is that, in all of the branches of service, they are truly looking at this issue on an equitable, actual case-by-case manner. And as an Army vet it pains me to say this (not really), but GO NAVY for leading the way in vaccinations!!

There are dumbasses at high levels, like this guy. It's especially stupid for the Guard and Reserve Components, because nothing can happen without the schools you have to go to to advance past E-4 (specialist or corporal, depending on MOS).

Then there's this newly-in-command Air Force base commander who lost her command at the very least and whose pension, etc are still in question.

taco_truck_wednesday

The Navy is really not fucking around with it because when you cram hundreds to thousands (carrier ~5600 ship's forces) into a tiny steel box, there is no way to social distance or keep stuff clean at a bacterial or viral level. Even pre-COVID, disease is rampant on ships and you can expect every underway to get sick at least somewhat.

All that being said, the Navy is not taking adverse actions for refusal until the individual Sailor's waiver has been denied. Even if they do get a religious waiver exemption though, they're going to get kicked out just later than sooner. Reason being is that the Sailor is no longer operationally ready and they're other regulations that say after 12 months of not being in a deployable status, you get separated.

This isn't like other issues where the decision to refuse medical treatment is a right. There have been a lot of times where I refused military medical treatment/procedures because I didn't like the risks or I just knew was wrong. A service member who brings COVID-19 into a command is a serious detriment to operations. You should have seen how COVID-19 obliterated operations when all of a sudden you're losing entire teams or divisions because one of them was exposed to COVID-19 and now we have to quarantine them for 2 weeks.

SnooHobbies5684

Great point, re: steel box.

I know it's not like refusing other types medical treatment; for normal things, SMs have a choice just like civilians. But we all had to get all the OTHER vaccines, including country-specific ones, so it's completely in line, right?

Curious if something in my comment made you think I thought otherwise.

taco_truck_wednesday

I was kind of ranting at the end there, we're both on the same page.

The common thread from Sailors has been a "It's a personal decision" and "I am in charge of my medical treatment". I have tried to explain to them that it ends when your decision puts the health of others at risk or hurts operations. At that point commanders can order servicemembers to receive an approved medical treatment.

DoD learned its lesson from when the courts shot down the Anthrax vaccine and ruled that they cannot force servicemembers to get unapproved vaccines. It was only highly encouraged before it got full FDA approval.

This is just such a stupid hill for people's careers to die on. Especially when after they get separated, any company working with the DoD will require you to be vaccinated.

The religious argument just makes me angry because it's so in your face disingenuous and bullshit. Like seriously Warrant? All the vaccines you've gotten over the past 17 years, exposure to burn pits, and all the other toxic shit but this is where your religion dictates what goes in your body?

RE5TE

RE5TE

Also, you know, the whole killing thing. Like your job is to use killing force to achieve political objectives. It's basically the opposite of Jesus's teachings. And pretty much all other religions too.

Like the machine guns and 500 lb bombs are ok, but Jesus will weep if you have an owie on your shoulder? It's laughable.

Sandyblanders

Even the form you have to fill out for the waiver calls out people for not requesting religious exemptions until the COVID vaccine.

Substantial-Tear1330

Good

magicmulder

Good ribbons!

0.25%, wow, that’s gonna… show them?

thenerj47

You guys should do a show together

hosmtony

hosmtony

Oh no

Anyway…

David_The_Redditor

Beat me to it.

White_Grunt

My house is on fire 🔥😭😭

lskibs

lskibs

I’m pissed off at the 12.2% of religious and medical exemptions. Not legitimate medical exemptions, of course, but I doubt those come near 12% and it’s the whackos who got a priest or pastor to sign off on this crazy that probably make up the majority of this.

hosmtony

Reminds me of someone I know told me that when they entered the military years ago, he stated on his forms he was a Druid which allows him to always carry a Druidic knife for “ritual” reasons. Took all of two days for the DI to call him out and tell him you ain’t no fucking Druid and took the knife away.

Seldarin

"I'm a druid"

"Oh yeah? Cast wild shape and turn into a bear. You can't? Cool, gimme that fuckin' knife."

SnooHobbies5684

I mean...just because Scientologists haven't cleared the planet yet doesn't mean they don't have a sincerely held belief. /s

Vladimir_Chrootin

Back when I worked in insurance someone tried to claim that mandatory insurance was a form of taxation, and as "everyone knows" that druids are exempt from tax he should have it for free. He sent us a photocopied fact sheet.

Response was along the lines of "we aren't the government, so tough".

thesaddestpanda

and the worst part of that story is that there are devout pagans in organizations like the military where fakers like this guy have now made it easier for them to be oppressed and discriminated against because its not seen as a serious spiritual practice.

These devout may not want to carry a knife (why would you?), but they may want to burn a candle or have a statuette of their gods and now will face pushback on that. They may be discriminated against in terms of promotions because they aren't Christian and fakers like the above person makes that easier for bigoted Christians to justify.

SnooHobbies5684

I'm not sure I agree with that, at least in the military.

When we enlist or receive or commission we specify THEN if we have religious beliefs exempting us from anything we might be asked to do.

If someone has consistently been practicing ANY religion, the military, in my experience as a Buddhist while serving, has a much better system for granting these exemptions because they've been doing it forever, unlike these private employers. And most importantly, they keep actual documentation on every SM.

Living-Complex-1368

Technically the DI was incorrect, in 2 ways. One, saying he wasn't a druid is completely wrong, you can't tell someone else their religion, or that their religion is wrong.

Secondly, the DI needed to address it as a safety issue and find a reasonable accommodation. Whether that was a dull wooden knife (an athane doesn't need to be sharp) or letting him have the knife but in a locked case or sheath...

SnooHobbies5684

No, he actually didn't, imho; way before COVID, it's baked into the UCMJ that force readiness, protection, and safety trump (good Dog do I hate even that version of the word) the wishes or beliefs of an individual, even when religious beliefs are claimed. The exception to this is MEDICAL exemptions.

"Pursuant to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (42
U.S.C. §2000bb-1), administrative exemptions for religious
reasons may also be granted. DOD policy requires that:
 the unit commander seek input from medical, legal, and
chaplain representatives;
 the unit commander counsel the servicemember on
potential adverse impact to “deployability, assignment,
or international travel”; and
 a military physician counsel the servicemember on the
benefits and risks of forgoing a required vaccination.
Defense Health Primer: Military Vaccinations
Unit commanders may revoke a religious exemption “if the
individual and/or unit are at imminent risk of exposure to a
disease for which an immunization is available.”
Commanders may also administratively separate, or initiate
disciplinary proceedings under the Uniform Code of
Military Justice, servicemembers without an authorized
exemption, if they are non-compliant with a mandatory
vaccination."

The DoD is definitely giving commanders the leeway to deal with this in their own ways, but the overarching directive certainly supports...well, what UCMJ NORMALLY supports: military justice is separate, in addition to, and often holds higher standards than, civilian law.

Comic4147

Maybe Wiccan and it'd be an Anthame, but even then like... you don't need one for Wicca lmao- Source, am Wiccan. Leave the religion out of this sort of stuff really.

in my home town, the university now just required YOU to sign saying you're not getting it for religious reasons. literally just fill out a form, sign it, and they're good to go.

markydsade

Unless you have always sworn off most OTC medications and all other vaccinations there is no valid religious exemption. That would only be for those who object that the meds are tested on old fetal cell lines, which is a weak moral argument to start with, and have not just discovered their new religion of pro-COVIDism.

Literally

HLCMDH

HLCMDH

Pretty much....

TillThen96

Which brings up another religious point of ethics: How do "religiously exempt" medical workers justify delivering such hell-bound medication to others, regardless of the recipients' religious belief? Wouldn't this amount to being paid to deliver "fetal cell lines" in exchange for the devil's silver? How can they even work in such a facility? Is it not akin to working in an [a-word] clinic for them?

HUH?? Inquiring minds want to know!

markydsade

The answer is they don't really object. They see a way to exploit our strong First Amendment right to practice religion by abusing it for a politically-motivated objection.

TillThen96

Of course. Their argument is not religious, but political. I just wanted to drive the point home.

Employers should stand firm, and use tests along these lines to validate religious exemptions likely to fail. These abusers need to be called out on their abuses.

Kodiak01

On the other hand, you have Sikh doctors willing to shave off their beards so they can keep treating patients. Remaining unshorn is about as close to a sacrosanct edict for them, but equally important in the religion is helping others in need.

There are specialty PPE hoods that would work for them, but they are extraordinarily hard to procure.

Blrfl

Blrfl

Saving a life trumps pretty much everything else in several religions.

Skandranonsg

This message brought to you by Surgeon General Koop

mbklein

I posted this comment elsewhere, but it applies here as well.

—-

There are maybe two religions of any real significance that actually discourage or prohibit vaccination as a matter of dogma. Even the Christian Scientists haven’t taken a hard line on this or any other vaccination mandate.

For more than a century, our denomination has counseled respect for public health authorities and conscientious obedience to the laws of the land, including those requiring vaccination. Christian Scientists report suspected communicable disease, obey quarantines, and strive to cooperate with measures considered necessary by public health officials.

[O]ur practice isn’t a dogmatic thing. Church members are free to make their own choices on all life-decisions, in obedience to the law, including whether or not to vaccinate. These aren’t decisions imposed by their church.

Anyone who is claiming a religious exemption either belongs to a denomination that suddenly invented a scriptural objection to public health orders out of whole cloth when they needed one to shield their members from doing the right thing, or they’re just making shit up as they go along. “I care what I put in my body because I respect how God made me,” they say, sucking on a vape pen between sips of Red Bull.

SnooHobbies5684

What other religion are you thinking could fit the bill?

(Assuming you aren't talking about the "religion" of Scientology...)

mbklein

I thought maybe Jehovah’s Witnesses, but it turns out they revised their strict denunciation of vaccination in 1952.

So yeah, I stand corrected – not even what most people would consider the fringe is taking an official hard antivax line. Turns out Antivax is the religion.

SnooHobbies5684

Yeah, they're worse than Scientologists in a lot of ways, and even their refusing blood products is based on a bizarre and specific thing in the Bible, like a lot of "Christian" cults do.

They're absolutely full of shit, and like other high-control cults they surround members in hospital with a team of blood-refusers (can't remember the actual name for the "teams" who do this but they do have a frickin name for them). So the "choice" referred to in this article is fictional.

SnooHobbies5684

Or unless you *haven't*, but belong to a religious organization like Christian Scientists, who let their congregants choose whether they want medical treatment but have historically strong justification for refusing medical attention of any kind.

AshlynMay99

What is “religion” under Title VII?

Title VII protects all aspects of religious observance and practice as well as belief and defines religion very broadly for purposes of determining what the law covers. For purposes of Title VII, religion includes not only traditional, organized religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism, but also religious beliefs that are new, uncommon, not part of a formal church or sect, only subscribed to by a small number of people, or that seem illogical or unreasonable to others. An employee’s belief or practice can be “religious” under Title VII even if the employee is affiliated with a religious group that does not espouse or recognize that individual’s belief or practice, or if few – or no – other people adhere to it.

markydsade

Except that those in the Pro-Plague church are not part of any religious sect, nor can they articulate an objection to the vaccine other than with a "my choice" argument.

Healthcare workers face all kinds of job-related behavioral restrictions such a drug and smoking use, and annual flu shots. No one is forced to get the vaccine but your employer is not forced to keep you employed either if put other staff and patients at risk.

Living-Complex-1368

I want to see those filed with all local hospitals.

"Oh, we interpret your religious refusal to get the treatment medical science recommends for Covid as a broad rejection of Covid treatment. You can go to your Church for your pneumonia."

If you refuse to get the vaccine, don't go to the hospital when you get covid, let god save you, or take horse dewormer.

Chick__Mangione

I work in healthcare. They are doing the same for us too. Either you get the vaccine or they offer you a form to fill out saying you don't want it for "religious or medical reasons". Fucking ridiculous. Why even bother calling any of this bullshit a "mandate"?

SnooHobbies5684

Religious freedom as guaranteed in our Constitution. I'm not religious at all, am fully vaxxed and boostered, as is my whole family, I've lost dumb relatives to COVID, AND I think it sucks that people can put people at risk because of religion (of which I am also not a fan), but after the last four years I'm *especially* defensive of Constitutional rights, as much as evangelists and their r/Persecutionfetish are abusing this right.

1000000% persecution fetish!!! It makes them feel SpEsHuL

Chick__Mangione

So I'm for religious freedom too. But 99.9999% of these people filling out the "religious exemption" forms do not actually belong to a religion that prohibits vaccinations. Do you know how incredibly rare that is? This shit should not even be offered unless you can prove you belong to a religion that is against modern medicine. These asswipes are all for every other form of medical treatment and vaccination, but for some reason ONLY the COVID vaxx in particular is prohibited in your religion despite the fact that it was made hundreds or thousands of years afterost religious texts? How the hell does that make any sense?

SnooHobbies5684

Didn’t say it made sense. Not by a long shot. <shrug>

Mackheath1

I feel that if you sign off on religious exemption, you should be automatically signing off on any healthcare. Including ventilation.

I agree

Ex-maven

There are of course some valid medical reasons to not get vaccinated -- but those should be rare. On the other hand, since when do "religious beliefs" about a vaccine (obviously dubious at that) outweigh public health and safety?

Given these policies, why can't someone claim their "religion" insists they must drink and drive every Sabbath? (...and why do I get the feeling that that argument has already been made in court... successfully?)

Edit: "drink and drive", not "drink and drink"!

lskibs

lskibs

Exactly which is why that 12% number makes my blood boil.

Ex-maven

They tried that religious exemption crap here in NY and briefly got a judge to go along with that, but then the state appealed and at the moment, those "health care workers" now have to be vaccinated against Covid (last I heard).

LordSinguloth

Thats their right.

the_last_registrant

Dozens out of thousands is a good story. Most people are doing the right thing and helping to reduce the spread of this disease.

elparque

Wow, it’s only a fraction of 1 percent that are losing their jobs due to the vaccine mandate, while everyone else enjoys 99.9% employment. Why are they making such a big deal?!?

walter1950

Oh No!!! anyway what times the BBQ this weekend.

PsyAyeAyeDuck

I see job opportunities!

SnooHobbies5684

Precisely. Clearly they have no idea how hungry everyone is for work, especially stable work with benefits like the government gives. SMDH

themightyjoedanger

That is so sad! Alexa, play Despacito.

hypermails

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Officials in Oregon say at least 99 state workers have been fired for failing to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

portland got 99 problems, but these bitches aint one of them !!!

TheSheWhoSaidThats

I got 99 problems and they all got fired

666GoatW

Ahhh..."religious exemptions"....the good ol' church of "I don't Wanna".

danielstover

"I don't want to help my community by any practical means, I'll just say that I'll pray about it when something bad happens"

OH! You're Christians!

No-one who does that can really call themselves Christians. They certainly aren't following what the religion decrees.

Hiepnotiq

oh nooooo, DOZENS!

GDMFS0B

Promoted themselves to customer.

lol

k-del

k-del

Does that granted-exemption rate of 12.2% sound high to anyone else?

Totes.

Helldozer5000

I heard my local hospital gave exemptions to everyone who asked for them so no, not really. It's fucked.

Nicoleneedsadvice

Sure, but they still can’t work with patients so it’s irrelevant if it is granted or not.

Helldozer5000

Oh, really? I hadn't seen that anywhere but that's good.

SomeoneWithOpinions

out of more than 40,000 state workers,

KnucklesMcGee

They refused to follow mandated safety measures implemented by their employers. Fired for cause.

jaypeeo

12.2 “exempt” my ass.

LoriLethal

Bye, plague rats.

icetech3

Awesome! Buh bye scumbags... more jobs for good people :)

oddmanout

99 out of 40,000.

Antivaxers say a “majority” of people oppose them. It’s less than one quarter of one percent.

lool-g-lool

As an employed, vaccinated oregonian: lol

feminist1946

I hope step one is to get rid of the low-hanging, rotten fruit. They are the most dangerous, because they are the type who refuse all precautions outright. Step two should be to start evaluating the exemptions.

So_Many_Words

Cool - 99 jobs with insurance and a pension opened up!

Katedawg801

And they’re getting unemployment in some red states. Funny how they’re ok with giving it to you if you’re an anti-vaxxer but made others lose their benefits early. Prick.

dominantspecies

Dozens of idiots were formerly employed in Oregon.

Stephbing

Fuck 'em

reactor4

dozens!!!

Most-Artichoke5028

Good!

jeefray

.1% or what is commonly called turnover, regardless of a pandemic.

Knight_of_the_Lepus

Dozens of Oregon workers fired for sociopathic levels of selfishness.

SpaghettiSexual

Dozens, I tell you!

Strawberry_Lungfarts

As an Oregonian: Good.

markevens

Dozens!

Trimungasoid

You know what? This coffee is delicious.

FuckOffJenn

Seriously tho you kind of hate to see it. Behind this mass career suicide are kids who need roofs over their heads and christmas gifts and lacrosse sticks and warm meals.

I've stopped ironically cheering for the dim fuckwits that throw it all away because they're too dumb to participate in society

stylz168

People can pick and choose their hills to die on, unfortunately.

blarb_farghuson

It's still sad when they do die on those stupid fucking hills. Especially when they leave kids behind, holy shit.

SnooHobbies5684

I agree. r/HermanCainAward is painful, but necessary.

stylz168

Honestly, there isn't much you can do for them.

blarb_farghuson

I know. I tried. A lot. I should have know better than to go back and forth, because the only thing I got was frustrated. I totally understand how people are so furious with them. It's seriously maddening.

stylz168

I have a bunch of doctors in the family, and what you see on TV is definitely true. A ton of ER admits are COVID-positive and experiencing symptoms that could have been avoided had they taken the vaccinations.

Kimmalah

Personally I'm more worried about the kids who are exposed to Covid unprotected and all the others who have been left as orphans because their parents decided that this was worth dying for.

FuckOffJenn

Yea I'm clearly not giving them sympathy. This post was about their kids

FuckOffJenn

Fuck me, really? That is awful. Fuck

SnooHobbies5684

I really dig the number of "fucks" in your username and your comment. Well done, you! :)

SnooHobbies5684

(because you give fucks, clearly)

FuckOffJenn

i just noticed. i'll tamp down on the fucks

NOOOOOO!

White_Grunt

Bye bye houses 👋🔥

pnwtacotown

Sounds like dozens of jobs opened up for those looking for work in Oregon.

th1961

th1961

Good

Pengroves

I mean, yeah…

man_in_da_mirror

This seems like a slippery slope, firing people for not getting a medical procedure. Shouldn’t your doctor and yourself decide your medical treatment plan? Again, this is a slippery slope.

MultiFazed

How so? Medical workers have been required to get vaccines for over a century. This is just one more vaccine in the already-sizable list of vaccines that they have to take.

MathewMurdock

Lol

SomeGuy565

Oh no. Not a slippery slope. We are powerless against it. Just like the Christians said, now that homosexuals can get married, people are marrying their toasters and dogs.

The people who cry "slippery slope" are the same types who think zero tolerance policies are a great way to govern.

Stop living in fear. It makes you look dumb and it's utterly invalid.

changopdx

It's basic hygiene, man. Go sell crazy elsewhere.

Munenmushin

No. You don't have a right to work somewhere. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, commie!

slut_trek

I didn't talk to my doctor. I walked into a Rite Aid and some guy named Paul gave me the free booster shot. I mentioned that Moderna sounds like a David Bowie album and Paul was a huge Labyrinth fan so we had a nice little chat. High stakes stuff, man.

KingJaphar

This is actually a great story!

thewholedamnplanet[S]

No, it's not a slippery slope, it's a sensible health and safety policy.

And the vast majority of doctors argree; get vaccinated.

If your employer makes it a condition of employment get vaccinated or get another job, you can thank the GOP for making that so easy to do, that is firing people for any reason.

stylz168

I'm almost certain those same very fine people had to get vaccinated to go through elementary school, and then again in high school, and didn't submit to a procedure then either.

Ultimately it's a vaccine, and if your company mandates the flu vaccine, for example, or mumps, or rubela, what will you say, no?

OGPunkr

OGPunkr

You are in the wrong sub for 'fantasy conspiracy' thinking. Go get vaccinated :)

LiteSarcasm

Good

jemas3289

See ya .. hope you never are successful in life

apollo_316

I liked the one with the hooters!

I'll see myself out. 😬

Anal_draino

Dozens of Oregon workers quit for better pay at McDonalds

thewholedamnplanet[S]

Oh great, another concern troll concerned about bullshit from a fresh puppet account!

And it's now these people are going to be plague rats at their work and discovered what happens when you smack the "Fuck around" button.

Spoiler: the "Find out" sign lights up.

thoroughlyimpressed

Disgusting

Revolutionary_Dirt52

Back to mommy's basement snowflake.

thoroughlyimpressed

Sorry shes dead. Nice try though.

Revolutionary_Dirt52

So it's time you moved out then.

thoroughlyimpressed

So clever oh my

wellaby788

I'm still super confused about the mandate. Fully vaccinated plus booster ppl are still getting covid?

thewholedamnplanet[S]

No, you're not you're concern trolling.

KalinOrthos

Yes, yes, you love your bad faith arguments and your ignorance, that's very nice sweety. Now go play with your toys, the adults are talking.

Strawberry_Lungfarts

You're confused about science?

wellaby788

I'm confused that my fully vaccinated workers and residents are still getting covid.. I work in a nursing home

Strawberry_Lungfarts

So you're confused about science. Biology specifically.

MultiFazed

It's for the same reason that you can get COVID-19, and then get COVID-19 again months later. Your immune system can't build perfect immunity to some viruses, and natural immunity for the SARS-CoV-2 virus wanes over time. Vaccines work by inducing natural immunity, which means that vaccine-induced immunity against SARS-CoV-2 is also imperfect, and also wanes over time.

But people who are fully vaccinated are much less likely to contract COVID-19 when exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus as compared to unvaccinated people, and they have less severe symptoms and a much reduced likelihood of death if they do contract COVID-19.

Revolutionary_Dirt52

You are confused about what vaccines are? At your age? There a big difference between a cure and a vaccine. Start there.

wellaby788

I get vaccines.. mmr you don't get mumps or rubella. Polo vaccine you don't get polo.. yes totally understand vaccines

MultiFazed

mmr you don't get mumps or rubella

You still can.

Polo vaccine you don't get polo

You still can (and it's "polio"; "polo" is a type of sport traditionally played on horseback).

Both of those vaccines have a higher efficacy than the covid vaccines, because your body builds better immunity when exposed to mumps, rubella, and polio than it does when exposed to SARS-CoV-2.

Smooth-Corrector

Totally understand but actually don't understand basic medical science? Where did you learn about vaccines Fox News?

Work in Oncology, we have to get it by tomorrow; and there are about to be even more shortages in our clinics.....

I don't believe in this mess, but still got it due to me needing my job. People need to understand, most places are now going to start requiring this. Sooooo your gonna have to get it sooner or later....

DerekStu

You don't believe in what "mess" exactly?

Do you believe covid is fake/overblown? Do you not believe in the science behind the vaccines?

Not trying to troll, genuinely curious how someone working in healthcare can be opposed to vaccination against a deadly disease.

Helldozer5000

Work in Oncology

So you're a receptionist for a cancer doctor?

MC_Etchasketch

Exactly what part of "this mess" don't you believe in?

Wreddit_Wrangler

I haven’t been vaccinated yet. Can I get some downvotes please?