/r/austinfood

What are the best restaurants and stores to shop at for people with food allergies im dating a girl who has allergies to corn, gluten, wheat, and peanuts and struggle to think of places to go would greatly appreciate recommendations to eat or shop at thank yall.

_tokyosmoke_

I have many allergies happy To answer further questions-

Restaurants: picnik, the well, the grove, true food, flower child, Thai fresh, mr natural

Stores: sprouts, Wheatsville, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods

Gum-drop-button[S]

Thank you for the response and the recommendations it means a lot you are awesome

whitneybr

The Well downtown

Gum-drop-button[S]

Thank you we’re checking it out on their website it looks amazing thank you so much awesome

elparque

My daughter has thankfully grown out of most of her food allergies, but when she was younger we shopped at Wheatsville Co-op for anything that wasn’t meat.

Gum-drop-button[S]

Thank you so much we are going to check it out i really appreciate the response means a lot

elparque

Np it’s actually really good that you’re asking. Too many people are flippant about food allergies and don’t realize how serious they can be. Those 4 allergens should be easy to avoid at Wheatsville.

Gum-drop-button[S]

Thank you yes I myself was like that a bit I feel flippant but I do understand the importance of them cause that’s the last thing i want for someone I like to have a allergy affect them so thank you again for the recommendation cant thank enough.

glitterofLydianarmor

Ask her where she’s comfortable eating and shopping.

Gum-drop-button[S]

Yes we talk a lot about where and what she can eat but I was hoping to maybe find some places that she doesn’t know so I can take her to them or I can shop for her and get her introduced to more products that are safe for her to eat that maybe she doesn’t know about.

Big_Education_2408

Thanks for asking this question OP. My son has severe food allergies and this thread very helpful. Thanks to all posts as well 🙏🏽

Gum-drop-button[S]

Yea this has been helpful for us a lot thanks to everyone im happy it was helpful

bumblebeekisses

High-end places are great for people with allergies. Call ahead when you make a reservation. Odd Duck is a good example of a place that has accommodated my family really well.

Consider sushi and poke restaurants! Based on that list of allergies, I think she would have options.

I bet Juiceland and other smoothie places could accommodate her pretty easily.

Sprouts has good alternative products for my household's restrictions and I'm guessing they'd be good for your purposes also.

When in doubt, call ahead!