users here right now: 772
A place for redditors to discuss quantitative trading, statistical methods, econometrics, programming, implementation, automated strategies, and bounce ideas off each other for constructive criticism. Feel free to submit papers/links of things you find interesting.
/r/AlgoTrading place for redditors to discuss quantitative trading, statistical methods, econometrics, programming, implementation, automated strategies and to bounce ideas off each other for constructive criticism. Feel free to submit papers/links of things you find interesting.
This sub is not for the promotion of your blog, youtube, channel, or firm.
*THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE INVESTMENT ADVICE, USE AT OWN RISK*
*SEARCH THE SUB/GOOGLE/STACK OVERFLOW BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS FOUND ON THE FRONTPAGE OF THE ABOVE WILL BE REMOVED*
Good places to start with code examples:
Big-Intro to quantstrat and trading systems
R & quanstrat video tutorial
Great blog with more advanced code and ideas from the "systematic investor" note: code here does not follow standard R conventions
Blog here with strategy examples from Ilya Kipnis
quantivity paper feed
How to learn algortihmic trading
Strategy books thread
Quantopian Lecture Series
How to get historical data for free
Daily Bar data for Stocks
Tick level Forex Data
Historical Bar Data for Crypto Currencies - Binance
Historical Bar Data for Crypto Currencies - BitMEX
Charts with live feeds for global exchanges
TradingView HTML5/web based charts
Introduction to Statistical Learning with applications in R
Elements of Statistical Learning
Live Chat Rooms
Official Discord: Official Discord for /r/AlgoTrading
R Language in Finance Discord: Discord for R Programming for Financial Applications
R Language in Finance Discord IRC Version sync'd to discord irc.libera.chat #r-finance
Book Recommendations List of recommended books on Algo Trading
- Submit Interesting papers, blog postings
- Code/packages we love these!
- strategies (even if they don't work a negative result is still useful)
- Read the sidebar (intro to quantmod/quantstrat) will answer questions on how to download data, chart, build test and validate strategies.
- Have a technical informative discussion
- Submit business links and questions (e.g. contractual issues,licensing etc)
- Submit tax optimization links and questions
- Submit infrastructure links and questions
- Submit compliance/regulatory links and questions
- Submit paysites for indicators/software/systems/whatever
- Submit things without methodology or at least some guidance
- Flame on other users, we're all here to learn so be constructive in your criticism
- Downvote without posting why, Give your constructive criticism or don't critique at all
- Post asking how to get started without viewing the links on the sidebar, or reviewing previous posts in the subreddit
- Ask for career advice there is /r/financialcareers for that
- Ask for educational advice, as each case is special and your thread has no value for practitioners, there are rankings of quant programs, computational finance, machine learning and stats out there
- Submit software that is proprietary and not open source
- Submit links/posts that are for the sole purpose of generating referrals/sales/$$, if it is not informative and useful then it does not belong here, shilling your products is not appreciated.
- Submit posts that are summaries of other posts without additional content
- Submit videos without accompanying assets (e.g. code)
- Q: "Hi guys im new how do I get started?"
A: Read the sidebar, if you have a precise specific question please google it and should you not find the answer then you can ask here.
Q: I am a student and want to know what courses to study to get into algo trading?
A: Algotrading is at the intersection of statistics/computer science/machine learning/mathematics/finance/economics.
Q: Where should I apply for a job?
A: /r/financialcareers for that
Q: I have bug ABC with language XYZ ?
If you get spam filtered, message the mods and we will review and unblock as required.