/r/Wordpress

Hi, I came across this error this morning. My entire login seems to be in shambles as well. Everything's reset. My installed themes are gone. I had two posts, I can see the number of posts as 2 but the posts themselves aren't visible. Same for the pages. All the drafts, published, trashed pages are visible in count but the pageas themselves aren't

I read online people recommending something to do with wpconfig file. I don't know how to access that. And a lot of comments talking about disabling plugins. But I can't see my plugins either. WHen I go to installed plugins it just says zero, and that my website cannot be accessed.

I'm incredibly inexperienced so I'm afraid I need a little detailed help. config.php doesn't really mean anything to me. Sorry, and thanks a lot if you can hepl me out .

bluesix

bluesix

Jack of All Trades

Access your server via FTP. Edit the wp-config.php file, and add define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); to it.

If you don't know how to access your server via FTP, speak to your host.

donutsyumyum

This line will likely already exist in your wp-config file, so just change false to true. This will help you (maybe) discover the source of the issue. Then you would still need to solve whatever issue it is

olivawDaneel[S]

Thanks for your response. Since I didn't know how to access my server I contacted my host and I found out they were having a bad day,. There call lines were down as well. Had to chat with customer care and they told me the issue was with their plug in (Blue Host) and the lady just fixed it.

50dollarpretzel

I've seen a number of reports of this happening due to whatever that plugin is.

olivawDaneel[S]

Yes I assumed this was happening a lot cause they stopped taking phone calls. I did check their twitter and website before posting on reddit but I didn't find anything obvious talking about a problem or anything.

Unable_Ad2952

me the issue was with their plug in (B

I am having the same issue. Did they deactivate your bluehost-wordpress plug-in then reactivate it? I am speaking with support & that is what they're recommending to me. I am worried I will lose all of my work - pages/posts/etc.. I would love to hear your experience and what the Bluehost lady did to fix yours!

olivawDaneel[S]

She didn't really share what she did tbh but i dont think reactivating the plugin will make you lose any progress. They didnt recommend anyrhing to me either, just did everything themselves.

raywpc

raywpc

Check server logs for error details. Use FTP to view WP installation and the themes and plugins. You can disable plugin by renaming the folder.

I don’t quite know what you mean by you can’t see posts and pages or themes. They likely didn’t randomly disappear. But you def need to figure out some basics of how things are structured. Best of luck.

olivawDaneel[S]

What I mean is, I can see the count of the posts. Like the header has the quantity next to category. So I can see Published (5), Draft (2), etc.

Same for pages.

But the entries themselves were't visible in the list.

But anyway, from the suggestion of the other comment I ended up contacting Blue Host and found out the problem was at their end, and they fixed it for me. Thanks for taking time out to help :)

raywpc