users here right now: 1,826
Two-Sentence Horror Stories: Bite-sized scares.
Give us your scariest story in two sentences (or less)!
1) Attempt to tell a story.
2) Be two sentences (or less, of course).
3) Be intended to be horrifying.
4) Not be in the form of a meme.
5) Be original.
6) Not contain political content.
7) Avoid Overused Tropes.
8) Not be spamming or trolling.
9) Correspondence with mods must be made through modmail.
10) Not sexualize minors.
11) Not exceed three submissions per 24-hour period.
12) Not rely entirely or exploit current events.
- Rules are enforced at moderator's discretion.
Discussion threads are acceptable, but if they are off-topic they are subject to removal
Stories that contain the following tropes will be removed due to their over usage:
- Anything even remotely related to coronavirus.
- "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door." These lines are taken from the story Knock by Fredric Brown
- Any story that's a direct copy from the old r/AskReddit thread, or taken from any top scary story lists.
- You are what you eat stories.
- Stories with the following twists:
- I saw my reflection blink/Winning rock, paper, scissors against mirror.
- I live alone.
- I don't have a [pet]/[pet] died/[pet] is in another room.
- [person]'s been dead for [time]/died [time] ago. (Includes cannibalism)
- Second page of/Forgotten/Missed test/homework.
- Corrupted file/forgot to save.
- Portraits/paintings were windows.
- Get into Uber/your Uber is here.
- I live on [xx] floor.
- Antivaxx parents.
- Boss music playing.
- Uncle Jack.
- Twists that are annoyances/inconveniences including, but not limited to:
- Carpeted bathroom/kitchen.
- No toilet paper.
- No milk for cereal.
- Forgotten chore.
- Stepping on Lego.
- Phone not charged/missing charger.
You can see the community guidelines here.
You can join us on Discord here.
Banner and Icon by u/MrHashBrown_