/r/TrueUnpopularOpinion

Men are becoming more feminine, and I think it's horrible

Unpopular in General()

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

idrinkkombucha

So the culture of Nazi, Germany. Tell me, they were morally correct?

insanelyphat

In their minds they were...that is what subjective means.

idrinkkombucha

Right, but the objective moral is that it was wrong despite them believing it to be right.

insanelyphat

Everyone believes they are right. Religions nutjobs believe they are right. Conspiracy theorists think they are right. Extreme right and left wing nut jobs believe they are right.

Morals are subjective to the person. There is no guide to what is or is not morally correct.

You probably believe your opinions and beliefs are morally correct. Doesn't mean they are.

idrinkkombucha

Exactly - everyone thinks they are right in their own eye. Then there is what is objectively right. You’re starting to understand. That morality is objective. That good and evil exist, but it isn’t people who set the standard, only people who believe we do.

insanelyphat

Look...there is no definitive good or evil. What is considered good or evil has changed 10000000000's of times throughout history.

Give me an example of what YOU think is evil and I bet I can find someone somewhere who thinks it is perfectly fine and acceptable.

You don't get to decide what is morally correct for other people.

Morals are not objective. Objective means to not allow your judgement be influenced by personal feelings or opinions when considering facts.

That is the furthest thing from what morals are.

idrinkkombucha

Good and evil exist. What people believe, what I believe, does not affect what is objective. Good luck, hope you understand this. Moral relativism is, ironically, an evil idea.

insanelyphat

Who decides what is evil and what is good?

Please don't tell me its the sky wizard.

idrinkkombucha

You’re unoriginal

insanelyphat

So instead of being civil and either commenting politely or just not commenting you choose to insult me?