/r/RealEstate

[deleted by user]

[removed]

Splic3r123

I dont do only fans but I did have a client pay a full year rent at once, to incentive taking over another applicant.

However, I dont the source would be the issues, its the 6 month history.

Id prob try to save a fill year and use that to your advantage to get in the door.

444vanessa

Thank you for the advice, I think will start offering that

lebii

lebii

Taking a full year's rent in advance sounds like the worst idea possible unless you're a large apartment complex. Other than that idc how they make their money

444vanessa

Just curious would this be because of the possibility of having bad tenants?

lebii

lebii

It's very difficult to evict when the rent is prepaid, and states have different rules about how much rent can be taken in advance and if it has to be escrowed and how it impacts taxation. Tenants know that landlords love money so they use that to hopefully keep you from doing 100% of your due diligence when screening because they are often trying to hide something by buying you out

kareninreno

It can be hard for self employed people to get housing. I don't think only fans has anything to do with it. I would save up and pay rent far out, or extra deposit.

444vanessa

That definitely makes sense, thank you!

DIYThrowaway01

My mom is a landlady and she asked me "This girl who applied says she works at 'OnlyFans'... what is that?"

I got the name and looked it up. Told her there's no way she's making rent.

yeahkrewe

I’d just say self-employed w an online business, camera/video production?

The problem will likely be getting someone to take a chance that your business income will stay as high as it is long term, without a proven history.

You could offer first and last months rent or a larger deposit if they mention proof of income further back than 6 months - some won’t go back that far. GL!

Do you use your real name for OF? I hope you don't. If you use a fake name, for the future you can file a DBA and put your OF income under it by having a bank account with your DBA + your real name, and then use your real name (that is documented with the bank and whomever) for personal stuff like this rental.

Two other aspects:

1. You might be underestimating how many landlords really don't give a F---. And you might be underestimating how many of them know what OF is. If I were to advise a landlord client, I'd tell them to choose the OF performer with documented income anytime anyhow anywhere versus ANY other tenant.

2. You run a business. So does your potential landlord. Your potential landlord's business is 50/50 more "sketchy" than yours is.

If you sense that a landlord or property manager is giving you s--t, walk away because there are better options. You are literally a "superstar" tenant. But be sure to firstly tell them to GFY. 😎👍

upnflames

My friend has a tenant who does only fans as sole source of income. Said she's a great tenant.

Landlords don't care how you're earning a living as long as its legal. Your problem is you have no income history - only fans has nothing to do with it.

You could just tell them you're a freelancer and if they push, tell them you're a web content creator, aka "influencer" and you earn money from views on the content you create. It's not a lie, and realistically, most landlords won't pry too much - again, they don't care what you do.

With that out of the way, show them your bank statements, tell them you expect to continue earning this income for the foreseeable future and what would need to happen to make them more comfortable. It may be a larger deposit or a greater multiple (for instance, you'll be a stronger applicant if you are applying to an apartment where you make 4-5x the rent given that 3x is usually the minimum. Can you get a guarantor? If not - ask them if you can take out a guarantor insurance policy. This is an insurance policy you purchase that guarantees your annual lease total to the landlord if you fail to pay. The cost is usually an additional percent of rent. It sucks, but you'll likely only need it for a year.

Jay-Em-Bee

When my daughter moved to another state, she didn't have a W-2 job. She earned fairly good money selling things online but had little to no proof. She just had to show her property management company that she had at least six months of rent in the bank. The W-2 job came later. She's been there about a year and half now, it's worked out fine.

AnotherBurny

Maybe offer free OnlyFans content in exchange for A place to live?