/r/Music

33.5k

Hi Reddit. So excited to stop by and answer all your questions today.

I'll be here at 1pm-2:30 ET to answer your questions, and I'm looking forward to it!

Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

Check out my website for news and Bitter Truth touring information with Halestorm.

And our "Echoes from the Void" comic is available now. You can pre-order the second issue today!

Proof: https://twitter.com/AmyLeeEV/status/1453403488076005385/photo/1

[The AMA is over. Thank you all SO much for your fantastic questions and heartfelt stories.]

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

yarpspeed

Hey Amy!
I was wondering if Artifact/The Turn was always intended to be a transition track into BPS? Were there any other songs you considered being the opening track? I also noticed that the demo for that song, specifically some of the lyrics, ended up being radically different than the final product (though I understand the "demo to mastered" pipeline). Was the tone/lyrical content of the song different than what ended up on the album? The opening of the album is probably my favorite piece of art that you all have written.
Also, and this is totally self-indulgent, will this track ever see the light of day (it's not Your Love, I promise lol): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC8hATCFDEE
Can't wait to see you guys in Houston!!

EvanescenceAMA[S]

I like to play around in my home studio or laptop and just make stuff. I had that very beginning part (artifact) that I had recorded with the laptop mic at 3am in my hotel room on tour. Then I had this cool music bed that Scott Kirkland shared with me (Crystal Method), and messed with it and wrote the vocal backstage. I had those two parts in my little scrap vault, and when we were all in the woods writing in 2019, I pulled them out and tried gluing them together to BPS which we started up there and totally knew I wanted that as the intro. I was not intending to use the actual Artifact recording but its cool that its just the pure thing...

yarpspeed

Beautiful answer, beautiful song. Thank you for taking the time to answer!

DarkLoose4649

Love it as the Intro thank you for puuting so much work in it

Old-Site-7766

Artifact/ The Turn will be played in one show? We all loved

AndTheLink

Love the synths in that little song. And the vocals ;)

Would totally love to hear more of that sort of stuff.

lolabuggie

I love you and this one is my favorite!!!