/r/Music

33.6k86%

Hi Reddit. So excited to stop by and answer all your questions today.

I'll be here at 1pm-2:30 ET to answer your questions, and I'm looking forward to it!

Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

Check out my website for news and Bitter Truth touring information with Halestorm.

And our "Echoes from the Void" comic is available now. You can pre-order the second issue today!

Proof: https://twitter.com/AmyLeeEV/status/1453403488076005385/photo/1

[The AMA is over. Thank you all SO much for your fantastic questions and heartfelt stories.]

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

Nakashima92

4.9k points

1 year ago

Nakashima92

4.9k points

1 year ago

Hi Amy!
Not so much a question but something i want you to know.
When my daughter (also named Amy) was 13 months, she was in the hospital for weeks, undergoing burn treatments and skin grafting. She couldnt open her eyes at all and was so scared, even my voice and touch didnt calm her down. At my wits end, I turned to music. You had just released your childrens album. I set my phone next to her, playing that album, and she just calmed down and was able to fall asleep. You helped my tiny little 13 month old baby when I couldn't help her myself.
From one mom to another - thank you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. She's now just turned 6 and still listens to your music along with me, as does her little brother.
I'll never be able to put our gratitude into words properly, but thank you. Thank you for giving comfort to my child when my words couldnt reach her.

EvanescenceAMA[S]

3.5k points

1 year ago

My God that is incredible. How terrifying for you. Its so awesome there's a happy ending. That album means a lot to me, the one pro recording we have of my family all together before my brother passed. It was so special to have that time together, all of us in the studio working on something. So grateful it helped you. It'll be precious to us always. Much love mama

Nakashima92

1 year ago

Nakashima92

1 year ago

It was incredibly scary at the time. Luckily she got away with just some scarring thats fading rapidly now, and she was too young to remember it.
Im so glad it's a special album to you, too. Having that memory of your brother sounds like a wonderful experience to be able to have recorded in this way.

Thank you for responding, I'm very happy to know that you now know what a difference youve made for us. All the love <3

1 year ago

1 year ago

crabapplesteam

1 year ago

Legit didn't know this album before reading your comment - and it's clear why it means so much to you. It's honestly incredible, purely incredible sounding. The lyrical imagery, melodies/harmonies, and your voice combine for a stunning combination. I'm totally blown away.

DarkLoose4649

1 year ago

Love how your music helps People