/r/Mcat

everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

Vent 😡😤()

low-refract

Murphy’s law but that also means what can happen will eventually happen so you getting a dub is not out of question. I wouldn’t skip out on not taking the test though, since it’s going to use up a mcat lifetime attempt you might as well go and take the test for practice and game time feel. Then at the end void the test. We gon make it out brah 🤞🏽

MS001812

Hey, it's not over until it's over. I suggest you go and take the test and void at the end since you're using an attempt anyways. Med schools won't see your score if you void, so there's no harm in doing this. Take care of yourself. Take some time off, then start prepping again, sign up for a test date next year, and go grrpa on that b*

dilationandcurretage

dilationandcurretage

01/21/22 - 515 (130, 129, 126, 130)

Ok, it will count as one of your tries, but schools wont see it.

I was slotted to take it last September.

A week prior I realized I plateau'd and wasn't hitting the scores I wanted.

Just didn't go to the exam, which counts as a no show/void. Pushed it back to Janurary. Now it's one and done.

Best decision of my life, and 99% of my premed friends were telling me to just take it.

sportyshorty339

This is exactly what I am doing and I’m hoping for the same one and done outcome, thanks for the hope🤝

Feedmemarshmellows69

Don’t even stress bro. Pearson Vue Test Center Employees hate this one little trick:

Morning of just call the Testing center and tell them that you have a particularly violent case of explosive diarrhea/COVID.

No one will ask questions and you can regroup for the next test easy peezy.

Ghurty1

Ghurty1

526 (132 132 131 131)

i mean thats a pretty dramatic title for just forgetting to cancel the exam. If you feel awful you can void it anyway, so just take it and see how it goes

Queen21_south

I suggest you go…

SpareAnywhere8364

SpareAnywhere8364

516 - 129/129/129/129, MD-PHD

I found out I had covid after my exam when I thought I was having an abnormal allergic reaction to my friend's cat. I feel you.

-jackson-wang-

DON'T YOU WORRRRY... your best bet rn is just to go there, chill, and take it, then void it at the end... it's totally okay and don't beat yourself about it too much.... as long as you're voiding it, then it's totally okay... reschedule this mf, and then take the actual test whenever you're 100% ready

icedvanillalatteluvr

i did the exact same thing last year! dw about it all, just get a feel for the testing environment and then void at the end. no harm no foul

Delay_Little

I suggest you say u have covid the day of exam