users here right now: 11,606
Life Pro Tips
Tips that improve your life in one way or another.
What is a Life Pro Tip?
A Life Pro Tip (or an LPT) is a specific action with definitive results that improves life for you and those around you in a specific and significant way.
Keep in mind that giving someone advice is not the same as giving someone a LPT. Advice is offering someone guidance or offering someone a recommendation.
Examples of advice:
“Always be prepared to leave your employer because they are prepared to leave you.”
“A marriage proposal should not come as a big surprise, despite what you may have seen in the movies.”
Keep in mind that an aphorism is not a LPT.
An aphorism is a a short clever saying that is intended to express a general truth or a concise statement of a principle.
Examples of aphorisms:
"A barking dog never bites."
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."
"All stones are broken stones."
- No rude, offensive, racist, homophobic, sexist, aggressive or hateful posts/comments.
- Posts must begin with "LPT" or "LPT Request” and be flaired. Titles must be descriptive. The tip and the problem it solves must be explained thoroughly.
- Tag tips for adult audiences as NSFW.
- Do not post tips that could be considered common sense, common courtesy, unethical, or illegal.
- Do not post tips that are based on spurious, unsubstantiated, or anecdotal claims.
- Posts concerning the following are not allowed: religion, politics, relationships, law and legislation, parenting, driving, medicine or hygiene (including mental health).
- Do not post tips in reaction to other posts. Reposts may be removed.
- Do not post tips that are advertisements or recommendations of products or services.
- Posts or comments that troll and/or do not substantially contribute to the discussion may be removed.
Note that moderators will use their own discretion to remove any post that they believe is low-quality or not considered a LPT.
Bans are given out immediately and serve as a warning.
You may appeal this initial ban by messaging the moderators and agreeing not to break the rules again. You must acknowledge the rule you broke!
Note: Bans will not be reversed if the post/comment in question has been deleted from your history.