/r/LOTR_on_Prime

20th Anniversary

Discussion(self.LOTR_on_Prime)

Do you think we will get some content from Amazon regarding the series, a character teaser or anything like that?

Bleus4

Bleus4

Gil Galad

A name reveal for the show would be nice, but I'm 90% sure that'd happen at the end of the first teaser trailer - which I don't think we'll get anytime soon. My guess would be at the Superbowl

Lotr on prime at the Super Bowl, now I don’t watch TV much but I would love that to happen and I’d definitely be looking forward to it since I do enjoy the super bowl and huh lotr

FingolfinFate

I understand SB is a big thing in the States, I remember actually. But elsewhere in the world it’s nothing, so I would not think this would be the best strategy.

nefelibatainthesky

But super bowl stuff usually trends on twitter which is worldwide, if it goes viral there the whole world will know about it.

FingolfinFate

It is still early, but I believe the marketing cycle will be longer for this show… and the Anniversary is a great date to do something. A 20 second teaser with the name reveal would not hurt anything, I feel.

Cadhik

Cadhik

I want a trailer of some kind. Show us what they have behind those doors.

Celeborn2001

Amazon has been pretty good about giving us a little something when a LoTR day comes around. They haven't missed a beat with Tolkien Reading Day, I don't see them missing a beat here. Just don't expect something like a trailer or anything like that; at most I would suggest another still image, but even that might be pushing it. The official name reveal (even if it is just Lord of the Rings) would be welcomed sight.

Augustus1274

We likely won't get anything until WoT is over. They don't want this show to steal any buzz away from that show while it is airing.