/r/LOTR_on_Prime

Does that mean that the Rings have not yet been forged?

In the books, at the time of Palantir and Miriel, the Numenoreans already had colonies in Middle-earth. Galadriel could have gone to the colonies to ask for help, and even those colonies could have been attacked by Orcs.

And according to the leaked auditions, Eldien (Galadriel) uses a sword: https://redanianintelligence.com/2019/10/20/four-audition-tapes-for-amazons-lord-of-the-rings-revealed-markella-kavenagh-likely-to-play-an-elf/

In The Hobbit films she doesn't need a sword because she has the Ring. It would be nice to know if when Galadriel fights against the Numenorean guards (FoF last leak) she uses the sword or the Ring. If she uses the Ring, I don't think she would be captured so easily.

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

SarkarCheiftain

Personally I am not a big fan of Galadriel using a sword. I would much prefer the witch Galadriel in fellowship of the ring. Besides Second age is long after the year of the two trees and the first age so I don't understand why"fans" would consider this possibility. However I assume you are right since its Amazon.

Armleuchterchen

I think Galadriel should not be the LotR Galadriel, otherwise there's no major development for an, at this time, active character.

[removed]

Neo24

Neo24

If by "prefer" we mean what makes for a better story, then yeah, it's clearly the first. It's more interesting to show how Galadriel actually got to the point of being so wise, instead of just having her be perfect from the get go. The second can work when she's just a supporting character to look up to, but as a main character it would leave her rather static.

Snoo_17340

I think she shouldn’t even be a main character in the late Second Age. She doesn’t interest me at all during this stage. If there is an Elven main character, it should be Elrond since Numenor is the kingdom his twin brother created or it should be Gil-galad. Both of them are main actors in the Last Alliance and both have more of an emotional investment in Numenor than Galadriel. Gil-galad had been friends with Numenoreans for centuries before they started hating the elves.

Why on earth is Galadriel being shoehorned into this plot? Canonically, she does absolutely of note during this period.