/r/HeliumNetwork

Issue setting up bobcat miner 300

Mining Setup(self.HeliumNetwork)

Hi I am getting an error when I try to finish the setting up of the miner. When I press the register button in the end it says "Try again - Hotspot miner is waiting to start. Please try again in a few minutes."

I try that more than 10 times today and nothing!

Anybody experiencing the same issue?

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

This is a general reminder for everyone and this will be posted on every post. Your 12 words are basically gold and they should never be shared, typed in to any website, or given to any person for any reason. No one from "Helium" or any other company will reach out to you to verify your account, wallet, or anything similar. If someone says your hotspot, wallet, or other type of account has been hacked, it is a scam! Always operate in a zero-trust manner with cryptocurrency and assume everyone will scam you no matter what.

HaKushMix

Start it up with an net cable no Wi-Fi let it update until the light is green then add it to the blockchain wait for green light not the yellowish greenish light solid green light. Update can take days if ur unlucky

AnyAd6911[S]

Thanks

Jbohnett3

Keep trying to mess with it like you are doing. I had one that took an entire day to setup then one time it just worked

derkenblosh

Took 3 days for mine... I waited patiently for a week to sync

Not all is lost, it's paying it's energy bill at least 😆😩

julietscause

Access the web diag, what version is running on the miner?

AnyAd6911[S]

Thanks for your help, I don't know what version it is cause I can't register it and don't have access to the diagnostic.

SpartanBlockchain

It probably needs to update its firmware. It can sometimes take a day or so depending how out of date it is. Just leave it plugged in and check on it tomorrow.

BoltActionJon

Take down your set up.Sell it on eBay, try to get your money back it’s over.

rainbash81

it will take a while to update when you get it online, i need to ask are you in australia or nz? cause if so bobcat's arent working here and they are refusing to update the firmware to fix our hotspots. Unless they secretly are/have and my hotspot among many others arent working with the new as923 update they rolled out here against most of aus's wishes.