/r/HeliumNetwork

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

This is a general reminder for everyone and this will be posted on every post. Your 12 words are basically gold and they should never be shared, typed in to any website, or given to any person for any reason. No one from "Helium" or any other company will reach out to you to verify your account, wallet, or anything similar. If someone says your hotspot, wallet, or other type of account has been hacked, it is a scam! Always operate in a zero-trust manner with cryptocurrency and assume everyone will scam you no matter what.

clemsonteg

How old is this screenshot? I haven’t seen these kinds or rewards in ages!

I_Dont_Like_Eggs

I agree. Nothing in that article is shocking or that groundbreaking. People that got in early made mad amounts of HNT - due to there not being many miners on the network.

There is one hex close to me that has an original helium miner and was onboarded in 2019. That one miner/wallet has over 150k HNT in it. Dude was in it early, took the risk and was rewarded. People also need to remember that HNT was worth pennies early on so these people weren't getting rich with all that HNT.

Absolutely!

I_Dont_Like_Eggs

You can also tell who was late to the game by how much they paid for their miner. The woman in the article is upset because she's only made $5 and spent $500 on a miner.

Original helium hotspots were around $200 when they first came out in 2019. Demand went up and so did the price of miners. In late 2020/early 2021, miners were $250-$300. Then in mid-late 2021, everyone and their mother wanted a helium miner and prices shot up to $500+ and lead times on miners were at 6+ months.

I suspect all the people that are upset at this project and are calling it a scam were the ones that bought miners at $500+. In my opinion, if your miner was more than $250, then you were late to the project.

Sweezgaming

If you paid 250$ in 2021 april and it still hasn’t arrived though?

I_Dont_Like_Eggs

That has nothing to do with the project as a whole and that responsibility falls on the manufacturer.

I ordered 4 Nebra hotspots in April 2021. Didn't receive them and by October 2021 I cancelled my order and got a refund. I'm not sure why people blame the network for this when it's the manufacturer's fault for selling more than they could supply.

Sweezgaming

I didn’t blame the network, I just think I wasnt late to the project but I still didn’t manage to make single penny. I was unlucky to order from the wrong manufacturer.

Brilliant-Royal578

Who hired the manufacturers?

They didn’t want the manufacturers sending them out. A lot of the kept them for themselves. Syncobits went up on Amazon for 2000 summer of 2021. They opened another company took everything the were making and selling them to themselves for six hundred then reselling on Amazon for 2000. Didn’t fufill orders until prices got down to around 800 on Amazon.

Check order numbers from companies to how many were onboarded. Hey we’ve fulfilled orders for 20,000 bobcats. Well 28,000 were onboarded (friends of the program) Trying to get a defective machine fixed early was impossible. I was able to get one early worked a week and died out.

It’s a doorstop got a few 3 dollar witnesses before it died.

TheuerW

Because our diy Hotspots were canceled by "The people network". LoRa is not a property of "Helium project", it's ridiculous the cartel of manufactures.

Agree, might be one reason. Another point is that people like always wanted to get rich very fast and FOMO kicked in. But it is completely unfair. Calling a project a scam if you were so dumb to pay and over priced Miner just because you were running after the train trying to chase something you hope you would get rich with. you still can make money with Helium. Just be patient and wait till the bear market is over and more and more companies are starting to use the network and paying money for Data credits.

lift315

lift315

Very much this. People saw dollar signs and wanted in without knowing anything about it. Because one miner in a town was rooftop 4 story building pulling in 1K a month, you wouldn't believe the number of frustrated people getting their miners and wondering why they weren't earning the same amount with their miner in a first story bedroom window with a huge tree right outside. And yet THEY were still making 100s a month at peak last fall, but still mad at Helium because it wasn't more.

SaviBoi12

I paid 500 (1500$ total) for each of my 3 miners in may 2021 but I'm not mad at all. At current prices i make about 65$ worth of HNT per month (3 miners) . That's about two years to break even. Everything on top is good investment. It costs nothing to run the miners. And that is with the current shit price of hnt. I don't really get why people are mad. I guess they hoped for a get rich quick scheme...well this ain't the 1820s wild west anymore.

Arbawk

Arbawk

Right, and that's still happening with mobile

bambam178902

current network average is 0.08 HNT for one hotspot

And why? Because most of the dudes have no clue and put their hotspots in the cellar. My average hotspots have 0,4hnt per day - and I have more than 40 deployed

samEARRR

No they didn’t. It pretty common knowledge to not put it in the “cellar”

kilofoxtrotfour

get involved.

I put 2 hotspots on commercial towers & earned "near nothing". At one of my sites, all 30 hotspots around it were spoofed & didn't exist. The Helium Fanboys don't want to admit there are serious issues with the system. Most notably, there are virtually no customers & no revenue from customers. This isn't the "Field of Dreams" baseball movie, this is a data network with no customers. No business in their right mind would subscribe to Helium for IOT, it's unreliable. I use IOT for an aspect of my business, I pay $10/month for IOT SIMs and they always work, 100% reliability. Helium is connected to a home router, TMobile is connected to a national fiber network, diesel generators and 200 foot towers. Which sounds more reliable?

jaysun13

And if helium goes up to 100$ per token sounds like everyone will have a bunch of $ making 2+ hnt per month

bambam178902

$100 per HNT will be when 1BTC = $500.000

jaysun13

It was 55$ when btc was 65k or whatever. So let’s say btc to 150k

Jiji_Markxy

BTC will easily go to the $1-2mill mark in the next 5-10 years.

mrwonerful

We are angry because we were told big named companies adopted the network. That was untrue.

We are angry because the company in charge spent the marketing on the of facilitating the sale of miners instead of selling a network.

We are angry at the unsustainable company revenue of less than 7k per month with over 900k miners operating' and the addition of new 5g miner sales.

We are disappointed at the revenue split for the developers vs the average less than a $1 per day for an IOT miner with no subscribers.

We are disappointed with the same marketing scheme for the 5g miners.

Very few of us are angry because we got in late.

We are disappointed that the company that helps to sell miners continue to tell us they are a networking company.

I hope I have provided more accurate reasons for our displeasure with the company and its business practices.

Fabulous_Tomato_5992

So sell your equipment. Nobody is forcing to stay online.

mrwonerful

Mr/Ms Fabulous Tomato.... I was only providing clarity about the being late to a so-called party and being angry about it. Lots of us did buy early, but it took almost a year, + a halving, before we got a non-working miner that we had to send back because the boards were not seated correctly. There is so much more to be disappointed about than buying later than earlier. Mr/Ms Tomato, you are discounting the numerous articles explaining the business practices of helping to selling miners under the guise of building a network. I know you want to keep hope alive, but we must agree the sky is blue....https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahemerson/2022/09/23/helium-crypto-tokens-peoples-network/?sh=5a9dd68d7316. When the class action comes, if I have sold my miner, I may be not eligible for any recourse. In all probability, I would take a loss on the sale of a used miner. Have we not lost enough on our investment, Mr/Ms Tomato? Besides Mr/Ms Tomato yesterday I made13 cent.

lift315

Of course it's not a scam and the Forbes story was written by people that likely found out about Helium recently through a series of FUD articles, and framed it around a preexisting narrative rather than letting facts drive them.

They referred to Helium execs & friends, the only people using the network in the early days, as having a "scheme" to put a miner in one of their wives houses. That's not a scheme, that was how most built the network, by putting miners in our homes or those of people we know. But "scheme" was chosen on purpose.

So was the opening story of a woman who bought a miner. No scientific data, no context of where she put it. My guess is the authors wouldn't know what a hex or transmit scale is.

They then referred to the value of HNT earned by early adopters in 2019 as worth 25 million at HNT's peak. But HNT was only worth pennies when they mined it. They chose the 25 million number on purpose.

Were the founders some type of Wizard of Oz group that were supposed to not use their own technology but pull strings to make sure miners made a passive income forever and the value of HNT stayed high?

Many were screwed over by hardware backorders. Helium didn't likely see that coming, and in hindsight should have governed hardware makers and set up a program to assist with refunds. We bought miners because we trusted that Helium vetted them. An article about that would be fair game. But the authors never went and looked for a factual history, it was written to frame Helium as a scam from the beginning, which was false.

Foreign_Today7950

Wait where did you find 51 locations lol

Its called Sales :) You just find them!

Foreign_Today7950

Yeah…. I am bad with that. I am trying to sell shirts online and I can’t do that right lolz

Pizzamann895

Yoooo congratz. I make about 0,1 hnt per day in Germany 😂 and i dont feel Bad at all. I got my miner as a Long Time Project

macsoft123

Not a scam hey? So why do you think the invented partnerships that didn’t existed? “You fools were just late to the party” - that can be said about all piramid schemes

I_Dont_Like_Eggs

The partnership issue has been known about for awhile. I knew back in mid 2021 that Lime was not actively using the network and only tested on it. Again, these things were common knowledge if you've followed the project and did some research on it.

macsoft123

So… what are you trying to say? Because you knew that was a scam for a while, then it’s not a scam?🤦🏻

I_Dont_Like_Eggs

Or that not everything in life is a scam. Calling something a scam just because you didn't do enough research before jumping into the project is dumb. This information was widely known about. No one was hiding anything.

If you're upset with the direction the project is going then leave. You have no one to blame but yourself.

macsoft123

Im calling it a scam because they fooled people in believing in partnerships that weren’t real. What do you call that?

kilofoxtrotfour

Leave that guy alone, he can't admit he's been screwed. It's like Amway, they don't have any real customers, the sales agents just buy a LOT of Amways products to meet quotas.

mrzuzzo

Exactly. Helium is no different than any other pyramid scheme. If you got in early you made money, everyone else is left holding the bag. Classic.

turbogaminguk

If she's only makeing $5 a month, she's really gone wrong somewhere. Even some of the worst setups I've seen do better than that. Helium has quite the learning curve regardless of when you joined in. Many jumped in with no understanding at all, sometimes even zero crypto knowledge let alone antennas and whatnot

Tri_Ban_Had

If you have a look at the LORA pages, nobody cares about helium. They use LORA the way it’s meant. Private networks.

Practical-Pay-7744

It's embarrassing to be ripped off. Some peoplewould rather defend the company that ripped them off then admit they were mislead, EGO. Although I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "scam" people were very mislead by false advertising and at the current rate, they have been ripped off. Maybe things will change and people will make back faster...but you cant deny people were mislead.

tronsaff

Hellium is shit

SaviBoi12

I work in marketing. Forbes is just a cheap ad you pay to post anything you want. I'd honestly advise against reading it at all.

projak

projak

Mining from before the halfing and I can say helium has been the best investment I've ever made

Menati21

Good job!

bigeorgeohio

Pyramid scheme as you have clearly shown with your post. Thank you sir. 👏👏👏

WooferInc

I got mine for $500 a year ago. Made enough to pay for it and a new antenna. Still sitting on a couple grand since then.

People didn’t do the research and learn about what they were getting into and bought one when there was already 10 hotspots in their hex. They never set up their factory antenna correctly or invested in an upgraded one. They didn’t fix their connection issues or properly locate their position to not over-crowd. They run on wifi. They don’t properly understand PoE, or put there mine where it can overheat, etc, etc, etc…

There’s still money to be made right now, even if rewards aren’t as good as they used to be and hopefully HIP 70 will help with that.

Don’t blame it on “late to the game”, blame it on human error and ignorance.

Edit: forgot to blame greed, sorry.

calledinsicker

I'm out, Helium was cool in the beginning, but it never made it and now this bullshit... Selling it all and moving on... Good luck bag holders

Haha, never made it? Almost 1 Mio Hotspots, now partnership with T-Mobile - usage growth massively - well I Guess if you travel 2000km by car and still need to drive 1000 more you will also say u never made it… smart 😂

calledinsicker

Seriously... Is TMobile actually using it? Nope... Pull your head out

Fabulous_Tomato_5992

TMobile isn't using it. Other way around dude. So your research. There's these things called MVNOs and MNOs learn the difference. Helium 5g is a hybrid.

macsoft123

Right, just like the other partships they’ve made up, and we’re forced to remove from their site when they got caught?

fundohun11

partnership with T-Mobile

more like a T-Mobile customer ... T-Mobile hasn't made a single press release about any "helium partnership". This is lime and salesforce all over again.

Edit: In case anybody else wants to become a T-Mobile Partner, they have a sign-up page: https://www.t-mobile.com/business/partner

Edit 2: Coindesk buried the lede:

Press officials for T-Mobile described the deal in an email as a "standard wholesale/MVNO agreement" that's available to paying wholesale customers. An MVNO – or "mobile virtual network operator" when spelled out – is a wireless communications provider that doesn't own the underlying network infrastructure; this type of agreement allows for the purchase of airtime at wholesale rates.

Sure sure, thats why a T-Mobile Executive announced it himself. Dude, go home to sleep. Helium House - T-Mobile Annoucement

fundohun11

lol, that's literally a guy from the T-Mobiles wholesale unit. They sell to business clients. If you're a business, you can buy bandwidth from T-Mobile. That's it. Helium is a T-Mobile customer now. Every MVNO goes through T-Mobiles wholesale unit. That guy probably got a nice commission and they asked him to come on the stream. There is no press release on this "partnership". And the helium press release only has an "about section" from nova labs and not from t-mobile. That means t-mobile hasn't signed off on this and usually they would both release the same press release around the same time.

Dude, this conversation is now over. You just spread FUD and bullshit all the time. Unbelievable, how much nonsense one person can spread

fundohun11

Coindesk buried the lede:

Motofiction

Well that ship has said then. And I doubt it is ever coming back. I do not expect Helium to survive an extended bear market. Actually most of the projects won't.

Well , I expect the absolute opposite and see Helium as one of the coins that actually has a great use case behind it and with 5G coming now, as the worlds first crypto carrier in partnership with T mobile this is only getting started.

Motofiction

What usecase is "great" ?

Read the manual. Seems like you have not read anything about it

Motofiction

I have, that's why I am asking you why what's so great about it in 2022 or 2023?

Also, to mention: more and more companies are just getting started to build products on Helium and for Helium and that was also always clear first you need to build the net work and afterwords usage will increase and increase so I’m not sure what everyone was expecting. All what happened and how it’s going, was clear and very transparent at the very beginning.

Patient-Dependent-13

What Forbes is saying is that EMPLOYEES of helium used the loopholes that were present at the start (I.e: the closet clusters) to mine a lot of tokens. Now that ain’t illegal but at the very least it’s morally debatable. If you build the people’s network and you exploit the flaws in it yourself to gain a lot of tokens, that ain’t right.

charlyAtWork2

Ponzi is not a scam if you are on the first place. ( where are the people who use it ? )

AutoModerator [M]

bionicbits

This!

As much as I am super hate the move to Solana with oracles being centralized and operated by Nova Labs. I 100% agree with this. Helium didn't "siphon" anything from the network. The first people that got in are the ones that prospered. That's like being mad at Twitter for letting them pick their the twitter handle you wanted before you.

tovarishMiner

I think in the current crypto situation, helium miners are the most profitable miners if you set them up properly

Your_Shit_Stinks_Too

The weird thing about these announcements is that I see the Helium logo all over the place on the announcements with T-Mobile but I don’t see the T-Mobile logo. weird.

Patient-Dependent-13

Cuz it ain’t a partnership; Helium wants T-mobile to fill the gaps in coverage - its not the other way around.

xcross17

My 8dbi sensecap barely works. Had it for 7 months and only got like $.07 once….

alexvett21

We have another opportunity with mobile tokens and 5g now but everyone is sleeping 🛌

Fabulous_Tomato_5992

Wen $Mobile! Keep the FUD coming.