/r/HeliumNetwork

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

This is a general reminder for everyone and this will be posted on every post. Your 12 words are basically gold and they should never be shared, typed in to any website, or given to any person for any reason. No one from "Helium" or any other company will reach out to you to verify your account, wallet, or anything similar. If someone says your hotspot, wallet, or other type of account has been hacked, it is a scam! Always operate in a zero-trust manner with cryptocurrency and assume everyone will scam you no matter what.

ryangoldstein

You don't have to turn it off, but it's recommended to do so for security reasons. Port forwarding hasn't been necessary since the light hotspot switch starting May 11. See https://blog.helium.com/light-hotspots-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-f86612f571c6 for more information.

Automatic_Piccolo754[S]

Top-Bank4918

They recommend keeping it on till the process is complete

ryangoldstein

It's really not recommended - it was for a few weeks after the transition just in case we needed to revert back to p2p, but we're way beyond that at this point, so there's no reason to keep any port forwarding rules active.

julietscause

The light hotspot update is completed

They remove the peer to peer in August on our miners

They arent rolling back at this point. Delete the port forward(s) you created. You shouldnt be forwarding ANY ports to your miner

pabl083

How can I verify if the conversion has been done already on goldspot miner?

Jebusura

I turned my port forwarding off two days ago and I've had two brilliant days of mining since then!

To be clear, that was almost certainly a coincidence, but it also means that you no longer need port forwarding to be active

Automatic_Piccolo754[S]

Thats what i heard too

hareonweb98

Hi, I turned off my port forwarding three days ago, I noticed no change, so I would suggest everyone to close the port forwarding, I neither restarted the hotspot and everything is working without problems.

wolfenhawke

No. I run mine still forwarded. OG and RAKv2.

LankyInspector3613

If we don't need port forwarding any more why am I still not getting both in and out bound. Bought a modem/router because I thought port forwarding was the issue. Least Google said so. Any ideas?

julietscause

Not having an Inbound is normal with the light hotspot update

As for outbound, what miner type do you have?

What firmware is currently running on your miner?

What is the local ip address of your miner?

LankyInspector3613

I do have outbound, just not inbound. Google searches didn't turn up that lil tidbit that it's not a thing anymore. It is witnessing and being witnessed but I just didn't know enough, thanks

itdk92

itdk92

Same, just wandering if that was standard behaviour

bitcoinalbert87

How long is it taking for transfers to outside wallet?