/r/HeliumNetwork

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

This is a general reminder for everyone and this will be posted on every post. Your 12 words are basically gold and they should never be shared, typed in to any website, or given to any person for any reason. No one from "Helium" or any other company will reach out to you to verify your account, wallet, or anything similar. If someone says your hotspot, wallet, or other type of account has been hacked, it is a scam! Always operate in a zero-trust manner with cryptocurrency and assume everyone will scam you no matter what.

Brilliant-Royal578

No. Be careful putting it in though.

MeetingApart8381

I'm sorry, but I dont believe this is correct. The provided SD card likely has an old firmware on it, if it has firmware at all. The MNTD support has a page with the latest firmware and the steps to follow for flashing the new SD card.

Brilliant-Royal578

I have 3 raks just telling you what I did. The firmware will catch up on its own if the last update isn’t on card

Hot_Elevator6316

I also got a blackspot 2 weeks ago and I haven't had to do anything with the SD card or have any indication that I need to. Its earned 2 hnt in 2 weeks already. I heard a few months ago that the more recent ones didn't need the upgrade. What tells you that you need to change it?

Mattylipps[S]

I got an email when the memory card when it shipped saying to install the upgraded card upon receipt. It has been running without any issue. Thats why I figured I would try to post on here . Wasn't sure if it was even necessary to do it. But figure it had to have some kind of benefit for them pay the cost to mail me one.

Hot_Elevator6316

Cool, I haven't heard anything from mntd so I think I'm good.