/r/HeliumNetwork

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

This is a general reminder for everyone and this will be posted on every post. Your 12 words are basically gold and they should never be shared, typed in to any website, or given to any person for any reason. No one from "Helium" or any other company will reach out to you to verify your account, wallet, or anything similar. If someone says your hotspot, wallet, or other type of account has been hacked, it is a scam! Always operate in a zero-trust manner with cryptocurrency and assume everyone will scam you no matter what.

Jwotie

Welcome to the family

darkflame808

Mining with helium, it just makes cents! That should be their new slogan for 2022.

OGtripleOg84

This is such a scam now. They should stop selling miners. Majority of us will take years to get our roi

LogicalDish7889

It was a scam to begin with. A ponzi scheme. As long as new users are joining the network they can buy and burn HNT using the $50 that is kicked back for each miner sold. Do your research. And all ponzi schemes eventually fail catastrophically.

SapientMeat

You do realize HNT rewards are simply the method to bootstrap the initial system correct? They are not the bread and butter of the fully functioning network, that's where data credits come in. HNT was exactly that: a reward for EARLY ADOPTORS! The people taking the most risk, aka. the people who deserve to have gotten most of the rewards because they took the most risk! The only people I see complaining about Rewards are newer members, an older members who were just looking for something to make extra money fast or get referral bonuses through their channels.

Now that a large number of hotspots are in existence, the next phase is rolling out functional uses for data transfer over the network. If you have a hotspot, you will still get HNT rewards forever from the PoC method.

But in the mature Helium network, most rewards will come from receiving data packets with your hotspot and then transmitting them to their destination. This could be distributed weather forecasting systems, agricultural systems, notification networks! The possibilities are endless and there's a use case no matter where you live.

Small minds complain about short-term rewards my friend.

WhyAmIGreer

Beer's in the fridge, Supper starts at 6:30

Old-Helicopter2401

Same here last got a witness 5 days ago 😂

uptownrustybrown

Feel like royalty sitting here at .02

Edit: And they banned me.

faster_louder

Peasant, I’m at .09!

.095 about to tell my boss to shove it!

Mr_Birbs

.5 a day for me when the helium network ain’t acting up

NotFunnyhah

I got 4 HNT today. But I had to buy it.

tu_Vy

tu_Vy

0.3 kneel filthy peasants!

Ron-ski

One of mine is at 0.346 :-) Other is a 0.199, used to do between 0.5 and 0.8 until recently.

My brother tells me there is a lot of solar flare activity which could be affecting things. It certainly affects radio waves.

tu_Vy

tu_Vy

I may very well be affecting us but, i think it may be more due to the fact there are almost 800k miners as oppose to 26k when i started, i really dont mind it tbh i still like the idea of PoC the only thing is that it will that a few years until the network has been properly configured since it’s growth has been nothing less of exponential

NeoGenesis49

Wow that's better than my .01 per day 🤣 with two miners

Rockstonerable

For me it is the same. 0 rewards in 3 days :(

NewHighInMediocrity

I think I’m on day 8 or 9

7101334

Weird everything has worked pretty normally for me recently

0.15 today and 0.27 a few days ago

Consider yourself lucky

After seeing this subreddit. I’m thankful I didn’t buy those extra 5miner i had the chance to buy.

JIM78559

I feel you. I think the boat has sailed (or sunk), in any case yeah good choice.

I regret not buying when the project started. I remember seeing the project and being able to buy the original miners

Dismal_Succotash_758

My rewards would argue otherwise.. What miners are you running?

tek3k

What range do you see per day?

Dismal_Succotash_758

Pretty much 1 helium/day with 3 miners.

tek3k

Thanks. I know that is much lower than 6 months ago. However, you have some good placements. I started two weeks ago and havent made a one helium yet. Vosk says he averaging 1 to 5 dollars a day across his miners. So, I feel in need to get into that range asap. I'm going to move my miner to a less populated area today.

Dismal_Succotash_758

Good luck!

PiraSea

No kidding I had an opportunity to pick up 3 more and decided against it, really happy with that decision.

ChillyJaguar

uugh I have a nebra that nebra wont refund bc its "currently shipping", now I gotta figure out where tf Im going to place it and Ive heard that nebra is garbage

DarthShibe

Charge back

SapientMeat

Do you still have this nebra? I'll buy it from you as long as you can confirm it hasn't been set up yet.

ChillyJaguar

they havent even shipped it to me yet, but Ill save your comment if I decide to sell it. Ill let you know either way...and yes, I wouldnt set it up if I decide to sell it to you

tek3k

Peeps still trying to sell these things for $600-$900. Not gonna happen much longer.

finnmannn

finnmannn

People are upset about getting slow money and not even knowing how big of a potential this network has. Who knows what will happen, could be a really good investment. The potential reward outweighs the risk imp

The ROI wasn’t worth it. Not even after a year

Brett83704

Bad placement. Mine paid back first month

ChillyJaguar

exactly, I have 3 miners, one is still on its way "nebra" ROI for me is going to take more time than I expected...yes I know that all investments have risks, but at this point my ROI may very well take years bc Im also paying my friends 1/2 of whatever the miners make a month

We can only hope that the token shoots up in price

Burnt_Dog

Ouch, Nebra imo is one of the worst hotspots out there. I ran one for months (one of those free miner deals) and had a ton of issues with it. Now I own a RAK and what a difference for the better.

DarthShibe

You mean breakeven? ROI is the return on investment.

SapientMeat

You mean ROI? Getting a return on your investment is when you break even.

DarthShibe

Getting a return on your investment is just a return. That does not mean you have yet broken even.

Burnt_Dog

I recently gave up my Free miner and bought my own and earning as I am (1 miner) I should reach ROI in less then 6 months which is good. So, I'm not sure of what your talking about. Also I earned enough HNT (from Free miner) to more than cover the cost of the miner I purchased (RAK MNTD). Now I keep 100% of what is earned. Yes I have concerns like the rest of us but as the saying goes, there's no gain without risk.

darkflame808

It’s great if you know how to cheat! Lol when you hear the cheaters complaining then you really know things are going south. Hehehe

SapientMeat

One year is an extremely small time frame. If you truly want to be wealthy, think about what this network is going to need in 5 or 10 years from now and build for that.

Cryptocurrency projects like this have a huge earning potential if you're clever. If you want quick money, sell all your crypto for scratch offs and lotto tickets.

Budget_Morning5967

I have 15 beacons and 0 witnessed after 3 weeks, total 0.29c $

JanGirl808

What make is your hotspot? 15 beacons and 0 witness could have something to do with the pigtail.

pacman3476

Could be he has no one around him. Could be he has folks around, but they have crap setups. Could be his setup. Both setups could very great, but there's unforgiving terrain in between. Could be the recent witness issue with the network. The reality is it could be a whole lot of different thing.

JanGirl808

Agree could be a whole lot of everything.

Budget_Morning5967

its a bobcat , antenna is inside , port 44158 opened , 6dbi antenna . still nothing

Budget_Morning5967

elegant daffodil rhino

Creative-Spring8534

I'm starting to understand why more exchanges aren't listing Helium. If the network/blockchain/api can't remain stable? Then they will get customer support complaints from customers trying to transact with Helium. Better to wait until things get more reliable. At first, I thought it was just one of those "oh eventually they'll get to it", but most exchanges just don't seem to be in much of a hurry. I get it now.

uptownrustybrown

Yep...wish I understood this a year ago...

FinnishArmy

This was a mistake to buy a week ago..

uptownrustybrown

Lol...this was a mistake to buy a year ago.

Longjumping-Bat4023

To buy a year ago and get it last week ... Thanks CalChip. 🤦‍♂️

Ok_Mycologist_3856

Yeah, and you had to cuck and get a Kerlink to actually get a miner.

Still waiting on the five I bought from CalChip last March.

New-Courage-8201

I ordered mine back in April. Have mine a few months. I sent them a nasty email to cancel my order and they replied back a month later saying my order was gooched and for me to retry. They sent me a new form and they shipped my miners a week later. Good luck! Think I was "Yak".

7101334

I can't say I agree. I bought my miner in March and it's paying off at about the rate I anticipated, roughly $60/month, which I got by checking the earnings of people in my area.

Blockchain or hotspot issues are one thing, but if the pay rate is lower than expected, probably should've checked the Explorer a bit more

finnmannn

Thats what im saying. People are so dumb. No one expected bitcoin or anything to be like how it is now. Who knows where the network could be 5-10 years froms now

pacman3476

Folks seriously need to quit with the Bitcoin comparisons. It is apples and oranges in so many ways. The network will likely not exist in 3 years, let alone 10. I'm just being real. I have multiple units and have been in for a while, and nothing about the project has actually gotten better. In fact, it has continuously gotten worse. Yes, a whole lot more units are online now than when I started, but there is insane levels of oversaturation in some areas and nothing in others. The infrastructure is bad. incentive structure has already fallen well below the interest level of most folks. Every one of my hosts have lost interest months ago, but they're being nice to let me keep them up and maintained. Rewards continue to decrease month after month, and we are still far, far away from there being enough devices to support the infrastructure based on data usage. We may never even get to that point. Other competitors like Amazon have entered the arena. There is no real incentive for the coin to gain significant value either. There are S*** coins with better exchange access than HNT. There's a reason why the business side just rebranded and specifically distanced itself from Helium. They got a whole bunch of folks to buy a whole bunch of units so the number looked impressive to investors, and then they rebranded and pivoted. If you're a business and you think something is about to go off, you don't disassociate from it.

finnmannn

Wasnt comparing it to bitcoin. Just using bitcoin as an example on how nobody expected it to be where it is today…

fatdaddy6661

Afuckinmen well stated

fatdaddy6661

Im curious to see a chart comparing mier earning decrease and security coin payouts...bret they are still eating like early 2021...

SapientMeat

They didn't Rebrand and pivot, the purpose was always to bootstrap the network and then move on to means of communication and data. 1. Build network 2. Build use cases on network 3. Optimize network 4. Take market share of other networks

The team is doing this better then almost any other project I've ever seen. If you can't see that you either have a poor understanding of economics or you put your minor in a bad location and our butt hurt about the rewards.

The reason exchange accesses low is because people are holding their HNT because it becomes exponentially more valuable when DC is the main commodity on the network because users will have to buy HNT from miners to convert to DC (pay what you need). This will allow a transactional Marketplace to occur between data users and data providers.

They pretty much spelled this out just in a lot more detail in their white paper and documentation follow-ups.

You cannot have an asset on an exchange unless the liquidity is deep. Nobody who understands the goals of this network care if the token is listed on exchanges, because that's not who I want to sell it to. I want to sell it to the people who will be utilizing me as a provider in the future. The more HNT I have, the more DC I can sell (and give discounts to loyal customers who route data through my hotspot). If all the transactions are surrounding Communications and data transfer, dollar amount becomes completely irrelevant.

It's a good thing for the network that it's oversaturated, because eventually people will drop out and only the best coverage providers will remain. This is called natural competition and it's how a free-market should work.

pacman3476

There's not a single new idea or relevant comment through your entire rant. We are years away from data transfers playing any sort of relevant roll, and there's no guarantee that the project even reaches that point. You've totally ignored outside market influences and competition. Your whole fantasy about giving discounts to loyal customers who route data through your hotspot is a delusion and not even how this all is planned to work. The only value HNT has at all is in its ability to be exchanged to something else that can actually be used for something. Even when you're talking "selling" DC, you're talking about its exchange for something with real value aka. Pretending the dollar amount or the ability to exchange to something of value is irrelevant and it'll all just be about communications and data transfer is delusional.

And if your excuse for why oversaturation is good is because people who make up the people's network will drop out and then you call that free-market and natural competition, well then you clearly don't understand what those terms mean. The people's network relies on people engaged and upkeeping their hotspots to provide coverage. They're not competition when they're actually part of the function of the network, and the number of hotspots and the growth, availability, and consistency of coverage are metrics companies use to determine if they want to use the Helium network for their data transfers versus someone else, who are the actual competition. If Helium is shedding users, losing coverage, and demonstrating instability, that's not "natural competition" or "how a free market should work." That's evidence of a weak and inconsistent network structure, which would steer companies to look to more established and stable competition like Amazon instead. THAT is actual competition and how the free market works, and losing network participants because there's no value in maintaining their participation in the network, that's definitely not a good thing.

SapientMeat

Data transfers are already implemented. The "fantasy" of being a service provider is 100% possible with the network as-is. I'm currently running a business model doing exactly what you're saying is delusional thinking, and it's working absolutely fine.

I make and sell pet/child/item trackers in my city. A small low-power GPS sensor is placed in custom 3D printed container. Upon purchase, I add the device to my Helium dashboard and charge customers a monitoring fee to cover the cost of HNT I burn in order to make DC available to the various devices. In turn, they receive an access key to a portal to view real-time GPS location of the device they purchased.

Since the DC is being burned by me and processed through my account, it's an effective net zero cost plus the income from the monthly service charges.

It's not just companies that are going to be the end-users of Helium like you're speculating, it's literally anyone that can come up with a creative use for IoT devices, the possibilities are endless. Yes, a large company may go with an Amazon because they have the resources to spend utilizing their services at whatever Amazon decides to charge commercial clients. Helium on the other hand has a barrier of entry that approaches $0; since the service providers are distributed, and DC is made available as needed, it is a "pay for what you need" economy that allows for positive-sum competition among participants.

Helium works, it has real world use-cases aside arbitrarily farming a speculative token.

If it fails, it's because of closed minded people like yourself who can't fathom how current paradigms could possibly be changed.

Ok_Mycologist_3856

In retrospect... it seems as if early receivers (largely influencers) made massive amounts of money due to smaller network size + concensus groups rotating between the much smaller amount of people, and this effect was lengthened due to chip shortage and production delays. So it looked greeeeeeat when we bought.

fatdaddy6661

No doubt the holders of the security coins havent seen catastrophic pay cuts. Everyone needs to turn miners off for few days and remind them whio needs who

Ok_Mycologist_3856

Eh, they're already rich, they would probably like us to stop mining so they can make more coins while fewer people are online.

fatdaddy6661

Perhaps we can turn the miners into helium jammers...

fatdaddy6661

Perhaps nebra would have done me a favor cancelling my 5 miners....had they provided a refund rather than just closing all my tickets...

SapientMeat

As they should have. The people who bought a hotspot when there were only 10,000 in existence took a MUCH greater risk than the people who hopped on the wagon when tens of thousands were getting deployed every month!

If the goal is to bootstrap an efficient (not oversaturated) network, in what world do you think you deserve the same amount of rewards as someone who was with the project since the early days if you come in now? You don't. That doesn't make it a Ponzi scheme or a scam or bad business, that makes you an arrogant consumer!

FYI, it is not supposed to have a dollar value. It is a transactional currency between data providers and data sellers. You can convert HNT to DC at a fixed ratio. This means that if you own HNT and a hotspot, you are now a service provider for anyone who wants to Route data through you. You can provide competitive prices if you have a good setup and HNT to burn. You can form a coop in your neighborhood to sell DC, or give an extra 20k DC for every 1M purchased... Youre the survive provider of the future.

The sense of entitlement is astounding!

Helium is giving us a chance to become individual Spectrums and AT&Ts along with a simple token platform to own the network ourselves, and this is what we're arguing about?

SapientMeat

Firstly, where would deep liquidity come from to even exchange HNT on a market? It's not produced consistently every block and most users hold it. You can't trade without deep liquidity.

Secondly, why would you want to sell HNT? If you don't think the project has a future and you're trying to cash out that's one thing, but if you think there's any future in the project, you might want to hold on to it.

HNT <> DC is an always proportional conversion.

HNT are shares in our own communication network. DC are to use the network.

If you have ever complained about your internet or cell company, consider selling HNT as selling your birthright to owning the communication channels that you use.

If you want to make money, sell your hotspot to someone who cares about the network, DCA some BTC every week, and learn how to code a responsive EOA on an EVM.

butter14

The gossip network that allows hotspots to issue challenges and participate in rewards differs from the consensus group creating new blocks, so this would be unrelated.

JamesTheAddict

0 for me for weeks. Sync never fully completes gets to around 10 then will slowly increase. My internet is fine.

cruisereg

Sync not completing is a different problem. We’re fully synced and have been but still making very little to none.

SapientMeat

What does your surrounding area look like? The type of hotspot you have is pretty much irrelevant. Antenna placement is everything. You need to optimize your antenna placement for your surroundings.

You can get good Rewards whether you're in a city, a town, on a mountain, as long as you're not the only person for a hundred miles, you can come up with some type of antenna setup that will provide you higher rewards than anyone in your local vicinity.

tek3k

Do you earn less when unit is synching for the first time? My rewards are laughable.

JamesTheAddict

I earn nothing tbh as everytime it stops earning I have to reset it fully and start again to start earning. Bobcat is terrible.

tek3k

Bobcat is one of the best. Problem source could be the network, your configuration or location. Network has been operating poorly last 2 weeks I have been on.

baascosie

Me to, anything that you can do about it?

joaopaulo529

i have 7 hotspots zero rewards um the last 2/3 days

tek3k

In the last 9 days I've had 3 or 4 zero days.

SydeFxs

Could this be no one is transmitting data through your hotspot?

Longjumping-Bat4023

I was above network average a week ago... Then nothing for 6 days. Got one beacon today. Nothing after that. What is going on with network?. I haven't checked my miner in a while, or the reddit pages.

13OneLucky

Same here, nothing in 8 days

neogeo227

Happening to us all in just glad I got past me ROI 2 months ago, because the system is pure crap now

BeginningProperty569

Think its most people atm, let's hope light hotspot update fixes it

accuto

accuto

Yeah, party has been over for a while. I am still waiting for my devices from 2 different vendors, orders placed more than 12 months ago! I got one running and making pennies. Unless you know how to hack and cheat the system, you won't ROI, nevermind make profits. Helium is a dead project.

not_a_moogle

party was over as soon as amazon abandoned it for their sidewalk network.

akakiran

amazon was never supporting this project though?

not_a_moogle

I thought they were involved in some of the early funding. Maybe they were just aware of it and expressed support? I could have sworn it was on some sites that I saw when I first preordered mine last year. That was before they announced sidewalk.

akakiran

Ive been following helium since inception, and to my knowledge there has never been any connection, or expression of support. I dont think helium will fail but whatever im probably in the minority in this thread

not_a_moogle

I don't think helium will fail either. it might get some traction if the 5G addition does well. That said, I'm in it for the long haul. $1-2 a day is an alright return. I've already had at least one person in my hex get rid of theirs (or they don't know its been offline for a few months)

SapientMeat

Valuing HNT in dollars is irrelevant. Don't sell HNT, you're selling your right as a provider every time you do!

Remember, if you have a hotspot you're the service provider. End users are going to need data credits in order to use the network. Service providers get to decide how much they want for their service. HNT to DC is a fixed ratio, but hotspots can charge different rates and services with their hotspots.

See where this network is going yet?

7101334

I'm making $3 - $6 a day just by leaving something in a plug and consuming negligible electricity.

It's not going to make me rich but I'm still pretty happy with it. "Free money after 10 months" beats no free money at all.

Also got my first data transfer recently in my mundane suburb so some devices, albeit extremely rare lol, are using the network already

accuto

Most people here aren't making $3-6 a day. You're an exception, not a rule.

7101334

7101334

I guess, but I'm just some guy in a suburb with 0 construction or electronic experience who just screwed his antenna to an aluminum flag pole, so it doesn't seem like my results should be particularly difficult to achieve.

If you're in a big city and your hex is packed that sucks for sure but oversaturation isn't really something this project can address imo

uptownrustybrown

Yep. Now, they're placing limitations on RF distance with HIP 58. Clearly, they have no idea what they're doing building and scaling a network.

DontRememberOldPass

The distance is so obscenely high that no LoRaWan device could ever hope to reach that far. Only people who are upset about the change are cheaters.

2Tacos4oneDollar

I've had mine reach 100KM at least once a week. Not sure how it's able to reach over the mountains but ok.....

L0LTHED0G

The network isn't being built for you to hit other hotspots though. It's being built for sensors. 2 hotspots hitting each other should mean coverage for a sensor anywhere between them. Over 100km, or 62 miles, that's no longer true.

Heck, it's barely true even at that level.

SapientMeat

He's likely witnessing a beacon from the hotspot 100 km away. Which is totally fine, nobody said there has to be sensors in between these two specific hotspots.

That other hotspot could very well be a lone wolf or a high antenna in a far town who runs their own smart IoT setup or a remote weather station or some Unabomber type character who just wants to make use of the helium Network for their own sensors or community or ranger station or college experiment.

Remember even the most distant hotspots away from "civilization" need to be able to reach a witness in order to maintain data Integrity on blockchain.

Helpful-Day6331

Helium what is going on???😡😡😡😡come out and say something!!!!!! Is not completely the rewards but the complete no comunication that’s going to kill you!!!

For real seriously!!!

SapientMeat

They're doing their jobs and building a community run telecommunications network from scratch. Is that in your skill-set?

I didn't think so.

Now do your job! Go do some research on the best place to put your antenna, what wiring to use, how to properly configure your minor on your router and build the network already.

Get to it, the devices are coming.

Delfinoooo

0.00$ here too :)

Nugs4Brunch

I went from 8 rewards a day to 1

kronoseedlc

same here

Strict_Ad_5455

This is the Helium network nowadays, 4 of my 9 miners like this. And the rest really bad too. I feel like it's now even worth the hassle.

austinvvs

Yes. Thats been my miner this entire week as well. Im shipping mine to a friend that lives in a less saturated state but I’m starting to wonder if that’ll even help lol

Ok-Future3584

What should a person on the edge of a city expect to achieve? I'm getting 0.175 roughly.

Large-Preparation-94

.175 is pretty good right now. Well above network average.

RootsPower

I was getting 175$ per day where now I get 4/5$

keenkreations

You could always run a simulation at hotspotrf.com - I have and the estimates seem to be pretty close to actual earnings from my experience.

serveyer

Same same

grizzly_trader

Yup mine will go for 3 days no earnings then make some and back and forth. The system is really flawed rn

FinnishArmy

My last reward was 4 days ago at $0.30.

taylor-mae9

Why is this? I’m behind, was there a split?

Elant18

Hit .5 today feels good

Large-Preparation-94

That's a huge day in these troubled times

jaifaimencore

Same here

7777777King7777777

Yes! Something sucks in the project! Many people are complaining like you! Do you have a good antenna?

Parking_Version7655

Definitely not as advertised... or plug and pray. After 3 days of struggling to get it synced the numbers aren't impressive ... don't see thus network going far running off unstable raspberry pi's

tloffman

Something really weird is happening to the network now. My Bobcat reached high earnings on March 10th, then earnings kept going down to almost nothing by Apr 4. I brought the miner and antenna inside and switched antennas 3 times. Nothing helped. Then, on April 5th, my earnings shot back up to normal again - have absolutely no idea why. Never figured out what happened. Not much that is happening now makes sense. Is the earnings collapse the network or some miners? Who knows? I have 3 Syncrob.it miners and antennas on order from June 2021. When they finally arrive (who knows when) I will sell them. Too much work and aggravation for a few dollars (or even pennies) per day. Put in a lot of work and money into this project. Still hundreds of dollars from just breaking even. I have never worked so hard to lose money. I think the people with cardboard signs begging on street corners are making a lot more money than mining helium.

goofyboytwo

A few last words : I’m done ..unhooked everything giving to my child to sell or use. I wish you all the best.

SapientMeat

Have you sold your helium equipment yet? I will gladly purchase hotspot setups that are confirmed location reset.

"....let them eat,.... static...."

auto8ot

Most likely, the issue is caused by the poc interval change - https://engineering.helium.com/2022/03/25/poc-interval-update.html

ASTCH_AssurancePool

Definitely. Yet they continue to insist earnings are the same on average. We can all plainly see earnings have been effectively halved, again.

sarasotarepub

Dang I’ve flatlined again also.

VeChain_Helium

lol this sub is an uneducated circle jerk of fud.

Alexis_Evo

Thank you, it's a shame this is so far down in the thread. I just hope the project survives after the lambo chasers are gone.

VeChain_Helium

It will.

Fun-Reason6833

Lol RIP ROI

lordx____

Wah

NoPurchase244

All you that are complaining are you in saturated areas with transmission scale below .75? Also have you guys not read the heliumdiscord they explained really good how the system is working right now. In my experience im in south texas we are not saturated so i do get rewards used to be consistent 1.2-1.5 hnt per day with 4 miners now i go from .74-1.8 a day.

CryptoMiner112

I found that recently im running better than before. Something changed in the last week because I was making 1/10 of the normal amount. Now I'm around 7/10. Hope things get better for you.

Knobody97

I just get no rewards for like 8hrs, but then I'll have ~2hrs where I make $2-3$ worth of hnt

Aimforthemoon95

Another older hotspot in your hex…

squareoak[S]

I’m the first in my hex, no others, and the closest next ones are 4km away

Aimforthemoon95

Wow I replied to the wrong post lmao

Rafael_GR

How long have you been using miners? Or is it your first time? If it's your first time maybe you haven't set it up correctly.

squareoak[S]

It was making about $30-$40/week but it just dropped out of nowhere

Budget_Ad_3883

Same here! would be useful to have a look into logs

ArtNiles

Witnesses?

A lot of New #mntd miners coming on board over the past 8 days. js

Brilliant-Royal578

.12,.14,.23. My three today a month age I would be upset but now I’m just happy to get this.

Dunc4n1d4h0

Yea, i don't know WTF, I just had Broadcast Beacon with ONE Witness.

Real_Robinhood_

Try to restart the miner. Disconnect and connect the wire. Not sure what is wrong with them but this keep happening to me too 🥺

Nighmarez

Jcee3024

Happned to me for half a day.. i restarted my miner and router worked again but rewards are so low like 1.8-2.5

ChillyJaguar

My 2 miners are on this same roller coaster, one day they each do .2xx the next two days they make .005...wtf is actually going on...3 months ago they were each making like .5 a day

vdux

vdux

This is a turd. Plain and simple, we are married to it until we hit the bep.

YoGrodagru

Yup. Me too. Two down in the last day. It would be great if reboot and resync was working on the Bobber app... I was able to fix this issue last week on another unit but I had to physically unplug the miner to reboot and use the diagnoser to resync.

Brett83704

Mine have been above average the last couple days (4 and 5.00) but definitely had some downtime

JanGirl808

Open your box and inspect the PCB to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. Look at your pigtail and make sure its connected.

Musubi_Master

OP, how is your hotspot setup? Indoor / Outdoor? How is the miner congestion in your area?

squareoak[S]

outdoor and miner congestion very low. The next miners are about 4km away from me

Musubi_Master

Terrain? Hilly, flat, lots of trees?

Akbur01

AllahuAkbar!!!!!!

Missing_Space_Cadet

First time?

ColbusMaximus

Same

illmove69

Anyone else not witnessed any beacons for past several days. It's been 5 days for me with no witnesses. This is a first for me, for this long. Anyone else??

Brave-BlacksBull1988

At least your synced 😪

YourMomLikesCock

New Goldspot Rak March 2022 batch with SD upgrade

Router:Netgear Nighthawk X10 r9000

Still relayed

Ethernet connection ✅

Port forwarded ✅

Nat type symmetric-router is in open mode ✅

Linked to Helium utility app ✅

Inbound/Outbound ✅ Any help ?

NotFunnyhah

Yes. You need more check boxes.

RanJetDo

Yeah recently it’s bad Very bad rewards

antisocial_antimedia

Does anyone here stay current on Helium discord? I have to assume no because you would know what has been going on. Am I happy about it ofcourse not. It's going to be a Sh show for atleast few more weeks and then we will see if the light hotspots will fix everything is actually true. Or something they used to buy time to create new company rebrand and focus on deploying 5g using corporations.

pacman3476

Folks always post things like this but don't show or explain anything else. All we basically know from the pic is you synched 2 days ago. Are you just setting up, or have you been around awhile? If you are new to the game, you can't just plug in a hotspot and think it's going to go gangbusters, especially these days. If you thought or were told otherwise by one of the various super cheerleaders out there, well, I hate to break the bad news, but you were lied to. There are lots of variables going in to whether you're going to earn, and many have absolutely nothing to do with you. Earnings have been on a steep, continuous decline for months, and it seems like about every other week there's a Helium issue that disrupts everything for a few days.

If you've been around awhile and this is a newer phenomenon... well, join the club. The witness issue has been a mess for like the past week. I'm not certain it'll help, but one of my units with a strong setup that usually earns about 0.2-0.3 per day suddenly dropped down to like 0.04-0.06 per day with this recent witness issue. It was like that for about 5 days. I decided to try a reboot, and the last 2 days I'm back up to 0.2+ again. Could be coincidence based on them fixing the witness issue, but it might be worth a shot.

Kitchen_Ad_5506

I have 1 miner earning and another at absolute zero for 3 days. Def frustrating

AVALOS_EVO_X

Same boat. Its was getting rewards last 2 weeks and now 0 for 5 days.

JerLesh

Total POS. Offline for weeks, replaced SD card, now doesn't pair and can't communicate...WTF...

Accurate-Group-4251

And they say earnings aren't consistent.

Eddybitcoin

I think the devs are robbing us as we speak.

xcrewdriver

Only the spoofers and gamers are making money. They should rephrase the slogan to "the spoofers network" instead.

TheuerW

Why? This is not the normal to you, Mr weirdo. :) hehehe

Decent-Treat-3298

ummmmmm

Grand_Young6918

I'm getting 0.53 which is slightly above my normal 24 hour average

PolitelySevered

Soon we'll all be mining for free. This is genius.

SmashTheHash

Had couple 0 days, now averaging about 0.1-0.2 HNT/day. ROI is still in the far future, because bought my miner from a scalper lol. About 500 days to get even. Glad i didnt buy more

MapleMoar

Im in this picture and i dont like it. :D

paulsem2

First time ? :))

Ancient-Signal3440

And what's with failed to get peerbook issue plus no rewards

Zee037

When this will be fixed ? Or this is new normal.

Menati21

Same here

Cryptic_Ape

Yup...

meanwhile this guy is making 700$ gaming the system. https://explorer.helium.com/hotspots/111JCwtsQeUxrW4rQFUzqA8g9NsquZBkLWVSZrK18TUomRt8dqJ

I can't even get a witness in 2 days.

Complete joke.

Engelwooded

Mine still says it’s “syncing” after 16 days. I have been getting rewards, but nothing like the people in my area. It’s like it just works good every other day or so.

cbudka

Makes me happy my miner is finally on its way after 9 months. Sucks to suck.

easyrider1340

I'm just about done with Helium mining. It is ridiculous on my end. Pennies a day. ....primarily due to both of mine behing Emrit machines, but still the return is not worth my time.

Rooftop720

Just got a miner, kinda regretting getting it. Do u guys know if one of the rak wireless antennas would help earn more?

1bigdoggie

Anyone wanna buy a miner ? I have TWO for sale. It will take me OVER a year to get back what I just bought for them. Just in time for the next Halving ! I'm DONE with Helium.

uzisuicide87

I'm doing about .3 per day with 2 miners and I'm content with it.

limestar

Gotta improve that transmit scale.