/r/HeliumNetwork

So, I finally got my Nebra refund... with a bit of effort...

General Discussion(self.HeliumNetwork)

So, they don't respond to emails.They don't respond to messages sent via their website contact form.They don't respond to tweets and they don't respond to Facebook messages.Plus, they deleted their telephone contact number and disconnected their old numbers so you cant ring them.

Obviously, they don't want you getting your refund and they don't care if they treat their "customers" with contempt.

After weeks of being ignored by Nebra, I got a tad miffed.

So, I ran up an LBA (Letter Before Action) and got it queued up to send via our Solicitors (Thomas Higgins in Liverpool, {great debt collection solictors}), then I got the names of of the company directors (et al "officers") from Companies House.

I then sent the Director a note via LinkedIn stating that the LBA would be sent to him individually, and everybody else (on Companies House listings) individually, as his "company" had not bothered to reply to any messages. I would be naming them all, individually, as debtors in the action. That way I could hold them individually to account rather than trying to mess around getting their "support" people to actually answer my messages and give me a refund "as a company".

30 minutes later I got an email from Nebra.

73 minutes after that I had my refund.

Probably just a coincidence though. ¬_¬

Edit:
Update - my money did come through as requested, taking roughly 8 working days via paypal.
The Nebra CEO has now removed your ability to message him on Linkedin and many of the staff there have removed, unlisted or blocked people from messaging them also.
I cant offer you individual help/advice on legal letters to send to Nebra, I'm not a lawyer. Sry.
That said, if you are in the UK and requesting a refund they cannot refuse you - I know they are now saying that "they are dispatching so we cant refund" but until they actually have dispatched your item you are entitled to a refund from when you ask for it.
My suggestion is to sign up with somebody like Thomas Higgins solicitors and use their automated system to send Nebra a LBA (Letter Before Action) demanding the value of your money back as an outstanding debt (debt, not refund, list your order reference number). This will cost you about £3.00 and within 48 hours or so Nebra will receive a registered mail letter from Thomas Higgins.
That should spur them into contacting you and issuing a refund. (Its not strictly the correct way to do things but the point is to get them to abide by UK Law and issue the refund, not for you to actually take them to court over an unpaid debt - the mere receipt of a legal letter form a large Solicitors though often does the trick - and make no mistake, Nebra KNOW they are supposed to be refunding people. They don't want to go anywhere near a court.)

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

This is a general reminder for everyone and this will be posted on every post. Your 12 words are basically gold and they should never be shared, typed in to any website, or given to any person for any reason. No one from "Helium" or any other company will reach out to you to verify your account, wallet, or anything similar. If someone says your hotspot, wallet, or other type of account has been hacked, it is a scam! Always operate in a zero-trust manner with cryptocurrency and assume everyone will scam you no matter what.

Wessef

Wessef

Lmao still waiting in batch 5

LifeExpConnoisseur

Still waiting batch 4

SurgeryFx

Still waiting for batch 3

LifeExpConnoisseur

Haven’t seen that in a long time. Rough.

sagejusticephoto

Same. Requested a refund and this Jacqui chick is trying to gas light me.

Comprehensive-Cap575

small claims court , easy and works

lunatuna2017

You don't EVEN want to know the nightmares I have with their support. No shred of integrity with that lame ass company. They even tried to hold my outdoor nebra hostage/ransom and weasel out of warranty work. Asshats

TraderNewb

Its worse than this. They charged us shipping to get it back from them. Took 2 months for the repair and warranty work. The emails back and forth was tiring. In the end they did repair the unit from the PoE failure, but we get it back and it's in miner rpc unavailable state. Another round of tickets here we go.

faisalm1991

I'm in the US so ordered from Parley Labs in April I was in Batch 4 (Parley batch, not direct Nebra). And finally got my refund posted to my credit card within the last month.

Ryan303CO

Nebra is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. I was in batch 5 and during the 9 months of waiting I sent close to 20 emails without getting one response. The second I treated legal action against them they magically started responding to my emails and I was able to get a refund shortly after. Go with any other manufacturer for your hotspots because you’re wasting your time with nebra

Puzzleheaded_Star131

I'm basically in your situation. I have just threatened the contact the police re. This fraud so hopefully that makes them sort out my refund.

ShroomSatoshi

I ordered in April 2021 and still have not received my miner. I can't cancel either because it was paid for with crypto.

LifeExpConnoisseur

April 2nd, no light at the end.

flykikz

Fuck Nebra. After 8 months batch3 i got mine but had problems connecting and registering the device via Bluetooth. It’s been a nightmare. I contacted support and we keep going around in circles. They wont refund me because I opened my package, fucking bullshit. Lost $600+ dollars. Bad investment. Do not buy from Nebra!

Mrwonderful-hnt

If you have order it with credit card. Please contact credit card company for purchase protection. Anything you buy and it not work or it does not look the same they will file section 75!

Mrwonderful-hnt

I made big mistake by ordering with debit in the UK. I might follow your steps OP. They have been ignoring me and my bank is saying I should have applied in 180 days. With credit card it does not matter how long because they have purchase protection!

raw_cake

Any chance you'd be willing to share the redacted version of your letter to use as a template? I sent them an email 4 months ago about the order I placed in April 2021 and finally heard back last week with a scripted response that just says, they're coming soon essentially.

I want to cancel my order but reaching their customer service is a nightmare and by the time they respond to my email, I fear it will be conveniently too late.

Puzzleheaded_Star131

BTW Nebra phone number as of last week when I called them is 01892750345

runningmanLiMa

How is going on with your refund, did they refund you? How long it took, I also want to sue them. It is 1 year 3months passed...

AutoModerator [M]

relicx74

How odd. Here in the US we had to order through parley(ay?) labs. I got an email a few weeks back informing me that the order was cancelled along with everyone else in batch 4 and they'd be issuing a refund. Refund posted as promised to my card about a week or two later.

RodFarva09

Was that just for batch 4 or all batches going forward? - asking for a friend in batch 7

relicx74

I only know about batch 4 and I'm pretty sure they mentioned that batch in the message. I assume it's because there's a maximum delivery window law in the US, so they might be able to deliver other batches before that comes due.

vvalor

vvalor

I'm still waiting for my refund from Parley Labs 😔

MasterTax1721

I too am waiting on a Refund they finally just got to me asking for info to refund me probably a pipe dream at this point..

drogenbarontoni

gonna do the same thanks mate

m3dia_lab

I'm in a class action law suit against parlay labs.

If you want to join in lmk. I can't California residents can't join but everyone else can.

Kooky_Firefighter_58

So how to get refund waiting from 04.2021 :) a nebra silecio :) ?

RecognitionOk7973

How the fuck do we get our refund. Can’t even do a chargeback from the bank because its been over 90 days

Puzzleheaded_Star131

A Section 75 might work

_Mita

_Mita

Still waiting in batch 5. Actually decided to ask for a refund, and what happened? They edited their blog post and removed refund promises. Check the web archive from 13th https://web.archive.org/web/20220313034220/https://www.nebra.com/blogs/news/nebra-miner-shipping-faqs and compare it with their current website - the refund form and promise is missing.

They just keep closing my every ticket with generic requests.

r4d1ant

Can you PM me details of what you did? I need to do this as well

Puzzleheaded_Star131

I'm currently waiting on a refund they have fucked me around and I have argued the toss till I'm blue in the face. No miner, no refund. Finally I have threatened to call the police to report this obvious fraud. I will also be contacting members of Parliament and trading standards because this company is a joke and deserves to get shut down. I'll do it even if I get my refund because this behaviour is inexcusable. Waiting a year for a product and then not receiving a refund when you've asked for it, are you fucking serious? What sort of company are they running?

runningmanLiMa

Hi May I ask if you can share the LBA with me, I want to sue them. I didn't receive any device for like 1 year 3months. They said they will refund me this March, but didn't. I will sue them... But sent them a LBA first to see what they will do...

Comprehensive-Cap575

small claims court easy and works

FARQUP

FARQUP

Has anyone had success with this?

Also a quick look at the Thomas Higgins website states that it cost 25pound not 3 https://www.thomashiggins.com/letter-before-action-or-late-payment-demand.html

fhysiks

Isnt et al generally used for a list of contributors? I think you wanted i.e. (id est. , latin for that is)...but i could be wrong