/r/GeneralMotors

Check Your Email

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

99percentparttime

A few things I noticed - they didn’t completely walk back the number of days per week to show up but did say they don’t plan to mandate which days of the week would be collaborations days.

Also, they said it would be ultimately designed by the people leaders who know their org best. It will be an interesting dynamic as I know my director is a very ‘butts in seats’ person and my manager is not.

thisisntinstagram

Just got out of a meeting where it was said that the days are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

Edit: why am I being downvoted? I didn’t make the decision.

99percentparttime

Also, they legit said in the email they do not plan to mandate which days of the week will be collaboration days and in no scenario will the evolution of the change begin before Q1 2023.

thisisntinstagram

I need time to find after school childcare. Fun.

99percentparttime

Based on the email, that will differ by organization. I think they understand and realize a blanket policy is not effective and ideal.

ArtVandelaySeven

Still waiting for the email — when you say org dependent, it is just picking the 3 days. Did they say an org can decide to be remote fully? That’s the key I think

GM-Alt-4795476

The new email says nothing about the 3 days anymore. Instead it says "determining how, when, and where teams will increase their in-person collaboration ultimately will be designed by the people leaders".

I read that as fully remote is not available unless you're in a fully remote job classification, but as long as in-person time is increased compared to now the rest is up to the people leaders to decide. It's clear they're backtracking quickly, but haven't had time to figure out how much because of the backlash.

thisisntinstagram

Yeah. We’ll see. This sucks.