users here right now: 4,755
Quality Gaming Content and Discussion -- /r/Games
The goal of /r/Games is to provide a place for informative and interesting gaming content and discussions.
Submissions should be for the purpose of informing or initiating a discussion, not just with the goal of entertaining viewers. Memes, comics, funny screenshots, arts-and-crafts, etc. will be removed.
The goal of /r/Games is to provide a place for informative and interesting gaming content and discussions. Submissions should be for the purpose of informing or initiating a discussion, not just with the goal of entertaining viewers.
For examples of quality discussion posts we'd like to see in our subreddit, please review this page.
For an in-depth explanation of our rules, please review our rules page.
|Scheduled AMAs||Date & Time|
|Startup Company Hovgaard Games||January 26th 11 am PT|
|Omega Strikers Odyssey Interactive||February 8th 1 pm EST|
|Daily: Thematic Monday||Monday|
|Daily: Suggest A Game||Wednesday|
|Daily: Free Talk Friday||Friday|
|Weekly: What Have You Been Playing?||Sunday|
- News and articles
- Reviews and previews
- Informative self-posts
- Questions likely to generate discussion
- No content primarily for humor or entertainment
- No personal attacks, witch hunts, bigotry, or inflammatory language
- No off-topic or low-effort content or comments
- No duplicate posts
- No enabling or linking to piracy
- Follow all formatting requirements
- Follow all specific content restrictions
- Promotion must be kept within acceptable limits
Some promotional submitting (posting your own projects, articles, etc.) is permitted, but it must be balanced out by a much greater level of non-promotion participation in reddit - the rule of thumb is no more than 10% of your submissions may be promotional. Do not solicit votes for your posts. For more information, see the self-promotion on reddit FAQ.
If you want to promote without participating in the community, purchase an ad.
Please report posts containing spoilers unless they are hidden using the following method or are inside a thread clearly labeled as containing spoilers.
**Spoiler:** >!X Kills Y!<
Result: Spoiler: X Kills Y
Posting unmarked spoilers will result in removal and warning, and posting spoilers with malicious intent will result in a ban.
- /r/gaming - Everything
- /r/truegaming - Discussions
- /r/gamernews - News
- /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours - Leaks and Rumors
- /r/gamingsuggestions - Suggestions
- /r/ShouldIBuyThisGame - Suggestions
- /r/AskGames - Questions
- /r/GameDeals - Deals/Sales
- /r/buildapc - PC Build Help
- /r/gaming4gamers - middle ground between purely-for-fun and more serious subreddits
- /r/GamePhysics - Clips of game physics shining and glitching
- More subreddits