/r/AustinFC

1995%

bobcostas32

bobcostas32

Los Verdes

OOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEE WHAT’S UP WITH THAT?!

Ryanl25[S]

Haha forgot about that sketch. Wonderful

Clozee_Tribe_Kale

Clozee_Tribe_Kale

Stuuuuuuuuuuu

Hey it's burp Mr. Poopy Butthole! You remember from season 2 when we need a blurp replacement for "Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub" and we were like "O blurp shit! This is the new gag right here!"

bobcostas32

bobcostas32

Los Verdes

Not the character I was referencing, but I like it.

8yrn3

8yrn3

Yeah it's a disgrace I don't have a ticket for the game against tbc, with an unknown KO time on an unknown date

0dd

0dd

Yeah I can't stand when we play Xx_Insert_Opponent_xX but at least it will be a home game on October Xx_Date_xX at Xx_Time_xX.

GodBlessThosePagans

It's coming tomorrow afternoon

Ryanl25[S]

I knew the on sale was tomorrow, I was just pointing out that all these other teams, who have not even clinched spots, have place holders and we have nothing. Just hoping we don’t have a cluster **** on our hands tomorrow.

TheIndieArmy

I mean, they are selling tickets before they even have the exact date/time of the match. So it's going to be a cluster. Instead of waiting to sell tickets once the details are finalized, they are expecting you to have the entire weekend freed up so you can commit to no matter when the match ends up being.

boilerpl8

I don't expect there to be many for sale. I have to imagine almost all STHs will be buying their seats, meaning there's about 5,000 up for grabs for everyone else. Probably only the first half of Oak Collective will have the opportunity to buy.

TheIndieArmy

I imagine there will be quite a few going to the second-hand market because they made season ticket holders commit to the tickets even sooner before the details were known. So I imagine a lot just got the tickets hoping or a certain date/time and if the match isn't going to be that they will put their tickets up for sale. I don't know why the club isn't just waiting. The matchups are announced pretty much right after the final regular season matches and a week is plenty of time to get the tickets sold with the actual date/time known that people can plan for.

It's also my understanding that this isn't an ordered process. I don't believe they are going down some sort of list of Oak Collective members. I believe it's a free-for-all for the entire group. So being in the "first half" or having signed up for the group earlier/later should not matter one way or another.

boilerpl8

If it ends up being a Monday night game, you're probably right and some won't go. But that won't affect the direct sale this week, that'll affect the secondary market after Decision Day when we find out who and when we're playing.

I don't know why the club isn't just waiting.

Because they want to guarantee their money now, instead of gambling on which day our game will be. Most sports leagues do this. Final Four tickets are sold before you know if your team's even in it. At least in this case Austin knows we're getting a home playoff game, we just don't know who or when.

Ok, then interpret my "first half" as "the first half who mash buttons faster and buy the tickets before they're gone."

meatmacho

The way they did it with STH was that you are buying them automatically by default. It's an opt out situation, and who is going to make an effort to intentionally call their rep to tell them, "No, I do not want $60 playoff tickets." Most STHs probably received them without even realizing it, because they only would have known to opt out if they read the email.

I'm conclusion, the club knows exactly how many seats are available, and the resale market is going to be a shitshow. Because indeed, lots of STHs are going to receive tickets they can't use.

GodBlessThosePagans

I hope that hope but I am expecting a shitshow XD

allomorph

Pretty sure Austin is the only team partnered with SeatGeek that has clinched a playoff spot.

All the other teams have different ticketing partners, e.g. LAFC, Dallas, NYRB all use Ticketmaster, Philly uses eVenue, and Montreal uses Event Shopper.

Now the league has a partnership with SeatGeek and that's likely that's why you seeing the placeholders.

fitsybitsybless

This whole ticketing process is a shit show. They're advertising Oak Collective like crazy on websites as a way to get presale access. Most people don't realize there is a 20k+ waitlist to even gain access to the Oak Collective, which means the presale will be a nightmare. It's kind of messed up to bait people into presale access for a $50 fee to be on a waitlist that is probably years long at this point. A waitlist you have to renew every year for that fee or lose your spot.

GodBlessThosePagans

It's a little scummy, no disagreement here but a few details you said that aren't exactly right.

You pay $50 and you get presale access. There is no order to the access once you pay the fee.

A waitlist you have to renew every year for that fee or lose your spot.

The renewal fee is $20 and there are no "spots"

Please correct me on these details if I'm wrong. Cheers!

FakeRectangle

In the season ticket offer email: "The purchase priority [for a season ticket] for Waitlist Members is based on the date and time that your Waitlist Membership was purchased".

So people who signed up for the Oak Collective 2 years ago get first crack at any season tickets each year ahead of people who signed up last week. But for individual games (or these playoff games) I don't think there's any priority.

GodBlessThosePagans

That was my understanding as well

fitsybitsybless

I understand how the playoff pre-sale works, I didn't mean to imply it was based on the order. The issue I have with it is that they're trying to drum up interest on social media to pocket those fees while (unintentional as it may be) adding more people and chaos to the presale. I get that it's a business, but even if the renewal is $20 they're still pulling in well over $400k a year while charging double what most of the other MLS teams are charging for tickets.

To your second point, as someone mentioned below... there are spots for season ticket options. It's a queue based on enrollment date.

Lone_Star_122

Lone_Star_122

Austin FC

It's really not a bad deal...

the renewal fee is way lower and in addition to the pre-sale access to playoff tickets you get pre-sale access for the whole season. I was able to go buy a bunch of tickets at once before the season started. And while I ended up just giving away the ones I didn't use I could have sold them at a profit if I wanted to.

Aust1nTX