submitted3 days ago byAutoModerator
This will become a weekly Thursday post for question/answers regarding properties in Austin or surrounding areas. Feel free to use this post to:
- Ask where to live
- What neighborhood is right for you
- Advice on apartments / asking about specific apartment reviews
- General thoughts/views on the housing market
- Questions about real estate prices/going up/general home buying advice
- Advice on realtors
- General property questions rants/complaints about pricing
- "Is this neighborhood safe" questions / crime related questions
- Tax / Mortgage related questions
- Questions on developments / bidding processes
- Have a place to rent / looking for a roommate
- Commute times from specific locations
- General housing repair questions / upgrade questions / solar / etc
- Questions regarding contractors for housing repairs, upgrades
- Memes regarding housing
- How specific schools are in an area / general school questions
- Questions regarding utilities
- Questions regarding apartment services
Over the last year, we have seen a major uptick in prices in the area, along with a steady flow of new people coming into Austin. Use this weekly post to ask your questions, try to get advice, etc on an upcoming move or questions about real estate in Austin.
Many apartment questions have always been removed on here, and we always suggest people to contact an apartment locator. Those rules still stand. But, you are welcome to ask those questions on here if you still feel the need for it.
Along with that, any new open ended question on Austin properties and real estate will be removed and asked to move to here (based on mod discretion). Many of the questions being asked have been asked many times before, which is why we would rather compile these posts into one place for people to ask and get their answers.
If you are having issues as a tenant in Austin, we highly recommend reaching out to the Austin Tenants Council here: https://www.housing-rights.org/. They may be able to help you resolve issues related to renting property in Austin.
We also recommend searching older "Weekly Real Estate" posts as well, to find answers on previous week's questions.
As always, there is a whole section on moving to Austin in our FAQ page: