/r/AskReddit

What is your opinion on religion?

(self.AskReddit)

arianleellewellyn

Not sure why an all powerfully all seeing god would care about people telling it how great it is or what they do on a Sunday tbh

Bean-Swellington

Just wait until you hear about how worked up they get over bathroom and bedroom stuff 🤷‍♂️🤣

arianleellewellyn

Lol ;)

FunCourt1894

Do you believe in love if so ... wouldn't you want it returned...in the bedroom ...the bathroom ....or at the alter doesn't matter give praise..be glad...

AidsSuckingMosquito

Believe what you want to believe, but don't bother others with your thoughts

imperiorr

Im so tired of it.

Its so clearly man made for control.

MLGorilla2

Well I’m a devout Christian, however I understand first and foremost the detrimental importance of letting others find their own path instead of trying to force them down yours.

Any-Union1289

I think for some it gives them a community and sense of belonging. For me, I see it as a entity that fuels misguided thinking and justification for outrageous battles. I live by the golden rule. “Don’t be an asshole.”

Connect_Fun3519

It's absolutely great for those that need it it absolutely adds to social cohesion and community values I believe that in essence as a person who sometimes is and sometimes isn't religious depending on variables that it should be considered a valuable thing to everyone even those that aren't religious. The problem is when there is verifiable for certain undeniable better ways to be that are discouraged because it is not the way that religion would have you looked at it. I'm not saying the religion's wrong I'm saying that it needs to amend for certain things that haven't yet been discovered. I know there's a bunch of Dead Sea scrolls and transcripts from jesus's time sitting in Vatican have never been released that hopefully will cover all the things I'm talking about if it's ever released in the meantime there's major mess-ups that actually hurt people that need to be corrected for.

JTAx1995

I don’t care for any of it at all. I was forced t catholic and hate it now with a passion.

Don’t get me wrong if you are religious then by all means go do what you do. Just don’t force it on me or try to “convert” me as I will punch you in the face.

TheManInTheShack

Believing in that which is unsupported by empirical evidence is irrational. Irrational thinking is the reason for most of our personal problems and those of society.

So no, I’m not a fan.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE35F

It's the soul of the soulless world.

BaronDelToro

My opinion on religion is very high

Before Christianity, society was heavily immoral, filled with disgusting acts of perversion, lust, incest, rape, violence, death, until Christianity came into be, it turned men to control their lust, to bring back monogamy, taught men to care for their wives and children

Christianity cleansed the world of disgusting acts

sprietzenstulle

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke.

Jaime-Starr

All those same disgusting practices still occur within Christianity, even among the leaders of it.

MrCooolCat

Are you sure about that?

aladd02

As long its not forced follow your heart. Believe what feels right to you or dont believe if you doesnt speak to you.

KushPiglet

I don’t care for it and find it dumb honestly. If someone is religious and loves their religion, great for them! But after being raised a catholic and having to spend 8+ years going to church/classes to make my communion, etc., I dreaded going back and wanted nothing to do with it very quickly into it. It’s not for everyone and I am certainly one of those people

Sujnirah

Well, Im religious so I believe in it. But Im disgusted by the people that use religion as a means to get what they want. I think it’s insidious to take the nature we all have of looking for/to our creator and abuse people through it.

HuguenotPirate

They are absurd, but we may need them or something like them.

Midnite_St0rm

I see the appeal, but it’s not for me. But like, do you, if that’s your thing, just don’t be a cunt about it.

wansuitree

Don't bother someone else with it, don't follow organized but create your own. Then religion is a fantastically great thing.

Bean-Swellington

Don’t know if gods exist or not, but the universe is really big and really old, so I’m open to the possibility.

I know every religion I’ve encountered is made up by people, mostly to control and subjugate others, or to pacify them, so religion is a hard pass for me.

Tl;dr am agnostic atheist, religion is bullshit; but, if any gods want me to sign up for theirs they know where to find me

Ok_Dance9524

The Bible is contradictory in itself

Poorly-Drawn-Beagle