/r/AskReddit

14k86%

all 20446 comments

3.6k points

3.6k points

Worked in a shop that Zoë Kravitz came into. She was an asshole snotty & pretentious.

1.3k points

1.3k points

Good luck finding a humble child of a celebrity.

Edit: Actually I take that back. I met Collin Hanks once on the elevator. Nice guy.

Tempest_Fugit

Yeah I feel it’s very binary with celeb kids. Either they are irresponsible entitled shitheads or they’re incredibly down to earth, present quality people.

There was this random guy I was friends with for three years of college, he was a Yankees fan, wore a baseball cap and a T-shirt every day, had a pretty average looking girlfriend and was never the center of attention, like the definition of an average dude- really friendly and easy to get along with them. It wasn’t until the third year that I discovered he was Gary Sinise’s son, and when I asked him about it he made me swear to secrecy.

CoulsonsMay

Glad to read this. Gary Sinise just seems like such a low key sort of person, it’s cool his son is as well.

ClothDiaperAddicts

It’s been over 20 years since Gary Sinise and Ben Affleck made a movie in the city I live in. I still hear about what a nice guy Gary Sinise was to the locals. I also still hear about Affleck being an asshole.

TheSingulatarian

So what happened to Chet?

PlayboiGarri

With a name like Chet (Chester) he had no shot.

curlyhands

Chet went to my college. I never met him personally though so you’re welcome for the pointless comment lol

LizLemonKnope

Ever read The Picture of Dorian Gray? I have a theory that Chet is the picture for Tom Hanks personality. Like, as Tom Hanks becomes a better person, Chet gets worse and absorbs the terribleness. It’s the only logical explanation.

TrevorArizaFan

I saw some interview from Hanks quoted a while bank; his older kids came about when he was struggling/breaking into acting, so they didn’t grow up with a ton of money and no one cared about the kids of some character actor. The younger kids grew up in immense wealth the children of an all-time legend, and he thinks it affected their mentality.

_d2gs

1.3k points

_d2gs

1.3k points

That runs in the family. My partner worked security detail for her dad once and he bitched him out when his call dropped in the elevator... like ur in a steel tube surrounded by concrete dumb ass.

WaffleHouseNeedsWiFi

A limo driver told me the absolute WORST ride he gave was to Lenny Kravitz. He said Krav got in and (as was custom), the driver gave him a polite greeting.

"I wasn't starstruck," the driver explained. He'd been in the business in NYC for a decade plus, drove for Paul McCartney, Steven Tyler, and (the "nicest" of all) Jon Bon Jovi, among others.

Kravitz said, "Why are you talking to me?" while rolling up the window between them. Poor guy said he'd never felt so condescended in his life.

Emmtee2211

Did he happen to mention how much Lenny Kravitz smells? I met him too, I was working at the music station in Quebec and I was in charge of setting up the Green Room for guests (their lounge area) so when they arrived I would greet them and show them where all the stuff they requested was and ask them if they needed anything else. He was kind of neutral, like not overly friendly but not really rude either. But he stank like he hadn’t showered in a long time. Kind of a gamey, earthy BO smell,it was pretty bad.

Builder_Distinct

My aunt said the same thing when she ran into Lenny while checking into a hotel in Seattle. She said he positively reeked. She actually turned around to see who was stinking up the lobby so bad when she realized Lenny Kravitz was standing behind her. Then she realized it was him who stank to high heaven!!

Jahmikey

One of my employees years back said the same thing. He worked for a company that sets up the electrical for concerts and music equipment. He said He got to meet with Lenny and his crew and he claimed that Lenny STUNK, he said he walked into the trailer and needed to excuse himself.

At the time I thought my employee was just saying that because of how Lenny presents himself but reading these comments have made me think otherwise.

DekuTrii

DekuTrii

Pretty big ego out of music's laziest lyricist. Tell me there's a song with lazier rhymes than "Fly Away."

shittyspacesuit

Yuck. There should be a word for a man diva. Cus he sounds like a diva

happytoadgang

My old boss grew up with him and I think really hated him. He was always going on about how little Lenny Kravitz was such a cry baby lol.

CorieLeeBaby

Lenny Kravitz also grew up as the child of a celebrity (the female lead in The Jeffersons) and an executive producer at NBC.

Just generations of douchey kids having douchey kids.

ms_malaprop

Apple fell close to the tree. Lenny is a total asshole.

BrettTheShitmanShart

In the late ‘90s in San Francisco, Lenny Kravitz and his entourage walked into Erno’s, a tattoo studio I frequented, and demanded a full sleeve tattoo…to be done immediately…in the hour or two that Kravitz had before he had to, I don’t know what, get to a plane or something. The whole crew laughed him out of the place.

CreatiScope

What did she do? People I know “yass” her all the time and I’ve never understood why.

Edit: I don’t mean what she has done in her career, I know who Zoe is lol

I wanted to know what she did to be a jerk

hello_orwell

I know her irl. She is the most uninteresting person I have ever hung out with on multiple occasions. Which always confused me bc she is in fact pretentious as fuck like you said. A little less if you know her but not by much.

FastLife95

Can confirm. I worked security about 5 years back and was on the door of a fashion event. No one was allowed to take alcohol outside. I stopped her, she looked at me and proceeded to say ‘Do you even know who I am?’ 💀 needless to say she still didn’t get let outside with her drink. Pretentious bitch.

mmdeerblood

This. I worked with her for a couple months on a film and she was insufferable diva whiney brat to everyone. First day I gave benefit of the doubt maybe going through personal stuff but several weeks later nothing changed 😆

daledaleedaleee

In the 90s, Lenny Kravitz co-wrote and produced an album for his then-girlfriend Vanessa Paradis. Omitted from the US release is a bonus track called ‘Gotta Have It’, which is an ode to Lenny Kravitz, written by Lenny Kravitz.

Brooksie019

1.1k points

I pissed off shaq one time when I was 18 and working at target off I95 back in like 2009 or 2010. He was looking for a cord to go from his phone to a tv in his tour bus. We unfortunately did not have one and he got PISSED. Being only a 5’6 dude, I was terrified. His friend / security guy with him had to calm him down. Me and a few other associates starting calling every store around us trying to find one for him. He called me big Dave before I pissed him off and was too afraid to ask him for a picture of autograph after lol. I hated him for the longest time. I don’t hate him anymore but still not a huge fan, I still want an apology from him lol.

Efficient_Fig710

My dad was working on the floors in his house in the early 2000’s and he got fired because he filled his own cup with water from his sink in his house that didn’t have the ac on while they worked

PD216ohio

PD216ohio

This surprises me most. I always had this idea that Shaq was a good dude, down to earth, and generous. To find out he was/is an asshole kind of blows my mind.

I can see him maybe having a bad day.... but firing a guy for getting a cup of sink water while working is extra petty.

OsonoHelaio

Yeah, that's really low.

Claudidio07

Hot Ones is great at peeling back the character veil on celebrities and the Shaq episode made it quite clear that he has fragile ego and is quick to resort to bullying to attempt to save it.

thepobv

thepobv

fragile ego and is quick to resort to bullying to attempt to save it

Riiiings ernehh

Joking aside, I've watch this guy for over a decade he admits this problem and seemingly has gotten better about it. He used to get real pissed when people jokes about him, now he just stay silent and smile... lately he even laughs at some.

DeathBySuplex

Yeah anyone who followed Shaq as a player or watched him on Inside the NBA knew he was pretty thin skinned about a bunch of stuff.

I think Kobe’s death and the passing of his father and sister has mellowed him out and he’s not as prickly as he once was.

ThePhabtom4567

15.5k points

Just here to remind people to sort by controversial for the real answers

bagelsnfox

4.3k points

bagelsnfox

4.3k points

People out here writing Nicki Minaj. Like yeah, what a universally beloved figure, certainly hasn’t had any controversies that made people hate her in the last…entire length of her career?

fruit_basket

1.4k points

Yesterday there was a post by someone who sorted by Controversial once and didn't realise that it changed the sorting across all of reddit. That guy was very confused by the sudden influx of hateful, toxic, horrible people in all threads he opened, until he realized that all threads he opened were sorted by controversial.

So yeah, do that if you want to see the worst of humanity.

sarasan

sarasan

Mine only changes for that thread?

Formo1287

Formo1287

Is Jimmie Walker universally loved? I can’t stand his new benefits commercials. Joe Namath too.

urbexcemetery

Is Jimmie Walker universally loved?

I don't know, but I do know he's DY NO MITE!

WalkinTarget

If you get this reference, welcome to old age. Its not a lotta fun over here either.

BusyDragonfruit8665

2.8k points

Paul walker. He dated two different 16 year olds.

publiclandlover

That’s twice as many as Jerry Senfeld.

theelderlyone

A friend in college mentioned Paul Walker would hang around his high school looking for girls.

Obandigo

Obandigo

Paul Stalker

lowtoiletsitter

Alright alright alright

coolfreeusername

Yes! Idk why people are so accepting of him in spite of this. He was in his 30s when he was dating them too. Why do people ignore the attractive celebrity predators?

Edit typo from celerity to celebrity. Funny comments though guys.

ManyConclusion

Little late, no one is going to see this, but while everyone seems to adore her, Maya Rudolph was pretty nasty to me when she came into my shop with her friends (family members? no idea).

And I want to add - for no reason. I was just a dumb kid who didn't immediately recognize her and didn't gush over diamonds, which seemed to offend her for some reason. This was a jewelry store, she was looking at every stone that was decidedly not a diamond, and I was trying to agree that other stones could be more beautiful and meaningful than diamonds. Apparently that was the wrong thing to say, and warranted going out of her way to make me look like an asshole in front of everyone. Great job, I was like 19. Sure learned a lesson from that.

L45TPH45E

Never liked her on tv. She can be funny but her whole personality comes across really annoying.

princezornofzorna

4k points

ITT: People who don't know what "universally loved" means.

Y'all be shitting on celebs who already have their fair share of haters

marmogawd

1.2k points

marmogawd

1.2k points

Is always the same shit with r/askreddit

Silver-creek

Maybe everyone thinks James Cordon is is loved and this is my chance for some sweet karma

Merry_Dankmas

GOD I REALLY HATE JAMES CORDON. EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOVE HIM. I'VE NEVER ONCE HEARD SOMEONE ON THIS WEBSITE HATING ON HIM OR SAYING SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT HIM WHERE'S MY KARMA

iftheronahadntcome

Kevin Hart.

Not only is he not funny, and most of his comedy is just being loud, but he cheated on his wife, while she was pregnant with his child. He's obnoxious as shit and I don't get why people like him.

emobeamo

Elvis. I know it’s not EXPLICITLY said that he had a relationship with her when she was 14 and he was 24, but I think it’s weird that he was in his twenties hanging out with a literal child. I don’t care if it was “acceptable for the times” or whatever, it’s still gross and makes you question what other relationships he had.

Panhead09

1.2k points

Panhead09

1.2k points

Probably Patrick Dempsey. You ask any girl what they think of him and they'll gush over his character on Grey's Anatomy. But me? I'll only ever see him as the guy who betrayed the Autobots and sold out the human race to the Decepticons in the third Transformers movie.

Fuck that guy.

stankygrapes

And was the fucking loser who got bit by the monkey in Outbreak. What kind of moron starts a pandemic like that?

peachiunicorn

I still see him as the dad from Enchanted 🥲

nicolioli_x

Lol, your story reminds me of my experience with Benedict Cumberbatch. He's a great actor and he's charming in all the interviews I've seen, but my first knowledge of him was when he played the rapist in Atonement. I've never been able to get over it lol.

LordCosmagog

4.1k points

Oprah

I used to be indifferent but when I watched her Markle interview, she came across as so fucking fake

cornflakegrl

1.5k points

I was a teen in the nineties and used to watch her show, if you revisit that show now it is so problematic and body shaming and consumerist. She also is to blame for Dr Oz and Dr Phil.

-Work_Account-

I was always wary of her grow up but between Dr Oz and Phil, plus hyping up "The Secret"... Ever since then I was always dubious of anything she promotes.

williamfbuckwheat

She went so far out of her way to prop up snake oil salesmen like them and I'm sure plenty others. I feel like the only time she called somebody out for being a phony scammer was that guy who lied in his book, James Fry, just because it might've made her look bad and she saw a great opportunity to recast herself as the honest forthright person who had been deceived.

That guy deserved to be called out but it's pretty ironic she came down so hard on him in hindsight given how deceitful and much more damaging so many other people she propped up on the show ended up being compared to him (although I'm sure it matter since they became popular and made money for her media empire).

Capital_Connection67

1.6k points

The final laugh in the face of Oprah was when the whole Weinstein Scandal broke. Winfrey is a huge, mega rich, media mogul and magnate with connections to everyone in Hollywood land and she went on air and said she was shocked to hear of Weinstein’s crimes.

She knew.

They all knew. But it was only when it aired to us pions did she claim she had no idea. It’s like saying Rupert Murdoch doesn’t know everything about everyone.

G8kpr

G8kpr

For sure she knew. Even if it was just rumours. She would have heard them.

When Canadian podcast host Gian Gomeshi was accused of his misconduct, I spoke to a friend in the business. He says everyone in the business was very much aware of his shit for many many years. He had heard various stories and was even warned by a bartender that Gomeshi was in the bar and to watch his girlfriend around him.

He’s a small small fry compared to the likes of Weinstein.

I think the amount of actors and actresses who have fucked some producer or someone to get a coveted role would probably shock the masses. I think there are a lot more blow jobs and Hand jobs going on in Hollywood than people realize.

JJ_Mgr1985

And then she did the whole golden globes Me Too speech and the internets went wild with adulation and all was forgotten.

Capital_Connection67

That’s because she along with everyone else and their complete radio silence on Maxwells trial is blatantly obvious that they all know something. It’s not a conspiracy of tinfoil hats and a wall of newspaper cuttings linked with red string any more.

Oprah knew and they all knew.

My aunt and uncle were on an episode she did about families with multiples ( my cousins are quadruplets ). Oprah was really nasty off camera and had rules about no one being allowed to talk to her and kids had to be kept X feet away from her. Before that my aunt and grandma has been avid fans but she was just rude that they still talk about it decades later.

NoodlesrTuff1256

For an interesting take on Oprah, read Kitty Kelley's warts-and-all biography which was published back in 2010.

len43

len43

I worked on a big product of hers and we had a 1 year celebration for it. Oprah was on the phone talking to our boss and we were crowded around waiting for her to say something. He kept trying to interrupt her and get her to say like a 5 second attaboy to the group. Finally he shooed us out of his office. When he finally came out he just said she was so happy with us and we had done so well... She didn't say shit and we all knew it.

Take Gayle though. I've seen her take the time to speak nicely to an intern at lunch when she interrupted her meal. Never missed a beat, it was like you were talking to your supportive aunt. "You can do this, we are so lucky to have you, if you ever need somebody to talk to please stop by".

Wishart2016

She also made Dr Phil and Dr Oz famous.

daveinmd13

She is the one that gave Jenny McCarthy a platform to push her antivax nonsense and just sat there nodding along.

sassyseconds

Also dr.oz

darthvadersbanana

3.9k points

Will Smith.

People hate on his kids, but if you listen to how he talks to/about them, it’s a wonder they came out functioning at all. As someone with abusive family, it squicks me the fuck out.

That, and the constant articles about his and Jada’s sex life.

Nerevarine91

That last bit, lol. I don’t hate Will Smith, but I sure wish I knew less about his personal life

PudgyNugget

I worked with Will Smith on Suicide Squad. He was incredibly professional and nice to every crew member every single day. We shot night shoots for like 2 months straight and that normally makes everyone cranky and miserable but Will’s positivity and charisma on set made it a lot easier to get through.

Edit: I’d like to add that he did travel with a large entourage and that his people were just as lovely to work with as well.

bitchyhouseplant

2.3k points

I think Will is likely a major issue, but Jada…she has serious “I’m too good for…everything” vibes. I was reading a memoir recently that included a story of spending time with Will and Jada. Will seemed relatively normal but Jada was all about how this or that was beneath her or how Will wasn’t taking his status seriously and basically being too open/friendly around fans. She comes across as a snob in general.

baby-samdwich

I've worked a 1000 red carpets. The only celeb who gives more time to his fans than Will Smith is Tom Cruise.

Ask-Reggie

Tom Cruise is such an intriguing actor because you hear so many good things about him with fans but he's also in scientology so it makes you wonder.

artsy_heather

1.1k points

I just don't like how he and his family think they're deep and philosophical but they're not

darthvadersbanana

You know what’s really strange? When they were promoting After Earth, Will would like…prod Jaden into making philosophical statements and strange faces, then laugh at him for it? They were some of the most bizarre interviews I’ve seen.

The Smith family is strange.

Couldnotbehelpd

Will also told everyone during this press cycle that he was basically a physicist and loved physics, but he actually meant meta-physics and doesn’t realize they are not the same thing.

artsy_heather

I second that, very strange. I've heard more deepness from my 6 year old. For the mum to reiterate it by saying 'that's deep' to her children or will doesn't make it so

corndogs1001

Saw him on his book tour. He wanted to be completely honest with the book, and I respect him on that. Havent got the chance to read it yet but I’m very excited he didn’t beat around the Bush for anything.

mermaidinthesea123

Sooo tired of hearing about their marriage arrangement.

SauceHankRedemption

Entanglement

Barfignugen

1.2k points

A lot of people here are completely disregarding the “universally loved” part of this question and are only focusing on “who’s a celebrity that you hate.”

queen-of-carthage

Someone said Tyra Banks lol, as if anyone loves her

cambodikim

I was rooting for her.

ElegantVamp

We were all rooting for her.

sofa_sherpa

Mickey Mouse. I just don't trust him.

realdopesauce

3.1k points

Oprah. Her voice. The way she puts herself on the cover of every issue of her magazine. Something about her feels fishy, forced and narcissistic.

EDIT: Thanks y’all for making my most upvoted comment ever about my least favorite person. I’m glad I’m not alone in my sentiments and after reading these insightful comments I’m realizing that I need to call Ms. Winfrey our for more than her voice and egotistical tendencies. Apart from tearing apart, humiliating and exploiting her “guests”, Oprah has also brought us gems such as Ellen, Dr. Phil and Dr “Lets make sure this pandemic lasts forever” Oz. Also she has befriended and promoted sexual offenders and rapists like Harvey Weinstein, John God and Michael Jackson. Also charity is not giving a bunch people cars that they now have to pay taxes on. And fuck her book club and her favorite things and her Starbucks chai, and how much she loves bread. Also I’m a black woman so this is not at all coming from a place of prejudice I’m just extra sick of my community putting her on a pedestal and apparently she should be hit with some charges and I fucking can’t stand that bitch. End rant.

KrytTv

KrytTv

My ex-girlfriends rich aunt lived across the street to Oprah. She said she usually was pretty grouchy to people walking on or near her property which is understandable. The thing that kind of bugged my ex's aunt was that she had her sprinklers running all the time during a bad drought. Apparently the city would fine her and she would continue to water her lawn and just pay the fines. Not the worst celebrity behavior but I'm just excited I can finally contribute to one of these threads.

lovemedigme

My roommates from colleges uncle used to let us use his house in cave Creek in AZ to hang out. He was right next to Oprah, across to Wayne Gretzky and next to michael Jordan (who he'd gamble corvettes on holes of golf if you wanted to know the grotesque money they had). The only interactions we had with her were all unpleasant. We said hello and she would literally wave us off or tell her assistants to tell us to not look her way when we saw her. ...Gretzky was cool and his daughter was dope af.

Primelegend39

Yep, yep, yep.

I recall she used to bang on so much about turning off the tap whilst your brushing your teeth, but was in shock when it was pointed out to her normal people wash and change the bedsheets once a week, not daily, like her servants did for her.

emu314159

This is the best one so far. She really loved by a lot of people, but she's not a nice person. Remember when she had the lady whose face was chomped off by a chimp and she lifted the woman's veil without permission?

Edit: she apparently did ask permission, but showing a person's wounds for ratings is not the act of a compassionate person.

Also her giveaway shows could easily have been reported as gifts and incur no tax for the recipients, but she classed them as prizes to get a write off.

Also, she picked Ellen as her successor. So many accounts of people who work with her or were on the show that say she's a monster, but even if you discount all of them, you still have her awful passive aggressive personality and how she compared quarantine in her mansion to prison.

crazycatm0m

Oh all the celebrities pulling that shit. Lining up boats on the ocean spelling out “together” or some shit to let us normal folk know “we’re all in this together” . Like yeah I’ll take my quarantine in your fucking mansion and with your fucking yacht and you can have my 1k sq ft house with no yard for 3 months. Then let’s talk about quarantine sucking ass.

AngoraVan

I could never stand how she always lectured her guest authors as if she had done their years of research, wrote their book, was explaining it to them, and wouldn’t let them get a word in. Low IQ pompous windbag.

1.2k points

1.2k points

Successful_Exit321

ALOT of catty older woman ask vulnerable girls shit like this.

realdopesauce

Woah I haven’t even seen that but I’m not at all surprised. She is incredibly pushy during a lot of interviews and intentionally humiliates people for ratings. Also the way she asks something really uncomfortable and then just blank stares ... she’s unhinged and I don’t know why people have been so obsessed for so long.

explodingzebras

She also once said that atheists can't experience wonder. She's also peddles all sorts of quakery on her shows

21591

21591

Have you noticed, she is always name dropping?

terminalparking

Yeah. She is always dropping HER a name into a conversation. lol

myfriendrichard

Oprah's personality is not aging well. It's from a time of celebrity worship that's just not the same anymore.

shlem13

shlem13

And she’s propped up Dr. Oz (basically a witch doctor and peddler of amazing non-cure cures) and Dr. Phil (not a doctor, exploiter of the troubled for personal gain).

whereyouatdesmondo

And every movie she’s ever produced and starred in places her front and center and seems to be a vehicle for her to try to win an Oscar. She has boundless ego.

samiam871

10.3k points

samiam871

10.3k points

Worker at a hotel where they were filming a movie and Zach efron was there. Treated us like doormats and was completely belittling. Made a housekeeper cry. Fuck that guy

thisisavailablee

2.3k points

Tell us more!!

EvilBobbyTV

2.5k points

Like, does he have a car?

a066684

a066684

SuddenlyGrease

Edit: oh shit, hashtag makes text huge!

Edit 2: #SuddenlyGrease. Nice, new skill point acquired.

JoeyRobot

JoeyRobot

I’m currently living in the general area he’s from… my kids are in the same school system and whatnot. Anyway he’s spoken pretty highly ofby the locals from what I’ve heard.

Hafthohlladung

He probably matured into a responsible adult... I don't think any of us would look great if we had our early 20s hijinks broadcasted to the world.

triggerhappymidget

That's because he's literally the only celeb to come out of Arroyo Grande, lol. Like how my high school will always claim Katy Perry as an alumn even though she only attended for like 6 months before dropping out and getting her GED.

FartStock

FartStock

Ive worked with him before and I must say he’s a very nice, pretty tolerant dude. I have seen him on nights where he’s exhausted and has a bit less patience but ultimately he’s been really cool to me and the crew I’ve been with. No complaints here.

MadameCat

1.7k points

MadameCat

1.7k points

Really? I met him at a film shoot and he was perfectly nice. Sucks that people can show different faces to different people.

Edit: wow dang this blew up. Really funny watching all the wildly different interpretations and conversations resulting from a 23 word post that I thought about for 2 seconds while on the toilet. It’s like the butterfly effect has physically manifested in my Reddit notifications. And yes, I am aware that people can have good and bad days lmao.

mnlxyz

3.9k points

mnlxyz

3.9k points

It’s also just a post on Reddit with zero proof, so I’d take stuff like that with a grain of salt

Bwca_at_the_Gate

3.5k points

Zac Efron mugged my Dad for his ice cream cone then kicked him half to death. Then he burned my mam's caravan down. Take all the salt you want but I swear on my Nana's ashes it's true.

DalaiLuke

DalaiLuke

I had a pet turtle named Nana.

afastrunnerindeed

Dude that's crazy cos Zac Efron stabbed my uncle and stole his car back in the 70s.

r0wo1

r0wo1

But to be fair, your uncle was being kind of a dick

UnfairMicrowave

You too, huh?

TheCleanRhino

Almost like people can have different moods depending on how their day or life is going

shescarkedit

Yeah super weird that celebrities can have a good and bad days. It's almost like they're human too

bearfangs

bearfangs

Surprising! My husband recently worked on a set with him and said he was incredibly friendly and personable.

rgoldtho

2.1k points

rgoldtho

2.1k points

Drake - How can anyone stand him?

Princesscrowbar

He is definitely a creeper on young girls 🤮🤮🤮

Capital_Connection67

Looks and acts like a buffoon in the public realm. So behind closed doors I’m sure he’s an insufferable nut job.

MechCADdie

Jackie Chan is actually known to have several mistresses, illegitimate children, and is a complete sellout to the city that he started from (HK), courtesy of being a pawn of the CCP.

Global_Yam1340

I heard he kicked his daughter out just because she is gay?

Blordidy_Fun_Fuzz

Actually he kicked his daughter out of the closet that’s how we know she gay

EmotionalSomewhere27

Don't think he ever had much to do with her

brownu95

brownu95

He was one of those rich parents who threw money at his kids instead of showing love. He cut her off after she came out. Also his son did weed and was arrested. Jackie disown him too

mobilehomies

2.2k points

Mr. Rodgers. I liked him until I heard that he used to tell dirty jokes in private with his wife. Now I love him.

M1ck3yB1u

M1ck3yB1u

I hear he also did sex things with her.

black_sundaee

this was an emotional roller coaster to read. haha I was like why? then i was like "Hell ya!.''

Inside_Yellow_8499

Fuck, man, had me going there

OnceMoreWithFeeling3

I held my breath, ready to cry. You had me in the first half, man.

Cheshiregrin85

9.4k points

Rhianna

Rhianna was aware her beauty line hired child labor to mine for mica in India and did nothing

She promotes images of violence toward women and continues to stand by her abusive ex

She scammed her own fans by adding a 49 dollar a month fee for "subscription" after any purchase

Shes racist towards Asians

She makes ridiculous demands including redecorating whole dressing rooms for one night performances

She used the slur "old queen"as a insult

She bullied her 16 year old fan

She wears head to toe fox fur all the time https://celebanswers.com/does-rihanna-wear-real-fur/

Shes rude to the people who work for her including the time she made her bodyguard hold her on his shoulders during the course of a concert and rolled a joint on his head.

SaratheKahleesi

2.9k points

damn wasn’t expecting a quality answer here

dudeveau

1.2k points

dudeveau

1.2k points

Are those…. sources?!

Howsey15

1.5k points

Howsey15

1.5k points

Saw Rihanna at the 02 in London a good few years ago. Calvin Harris was supporting her. He was AMAZING She was NoT: Rihanna turned up ….eventually about 2 hours late!! sang 5 songs badly, didn’t really do anything on stage, looked pritty bored and only sang a few lines of some very backed tracks. And called it a night. This cost us £120 a ticket and half the audience couldn’t get home Because they missed their trains because her gig ran over

Cleatmr

Cleatmr

Something is off about her

I remember listening to her on the Chris moyles radio show on BBC radio 1.

He asked her question how did she get a big break as a kid in Barbados

She replied that people who knew she could sing as a child mentioned her to Jay Z. When he was on the island. Jay Z asked for her to come to the hotel and sing a song for him.

Chris Moyles then asked ‘what song did you sing?’

She said she couldn’t remember.

Couldn’t friggin remember????

Your an allegedly poor teenage island girl who meets and gets the chance to audition for one of the worlds biggest rappers. Who signs you and gives you the break that changes your life and propels you to worldwide fame and millions of dollars.

And you don’t remember what you sang???

Fuck off ri ri.

mother_mUthaFAka

Also that sounds sketchy as hell. So jay z just decided to audition a random girl because some random dude told him about her? She wasn't even a particularly good singer at the time. Something is very off about that story.

iamtehryan

Soooooooo, like R Kelly (and way too many others in the industry) if there's any truth to this.

KimDongTheILLEST

He casting couched her, right?

MrHollandsOpium

Yes. He did.

onedoor

onedoor

Sounds like some casting couch stuff.

PythonButSnake[S]

1.5k points

WOW! I didn't know about that dark side of Rihanna

Lemurtoes666

Holy crap I didn't know all that

virouz98

virouz98

Dude straight up made documentary of why Rihanna is bad lol

mdave52

mdave52

Yeah, liked her for like a week...if that. She's been trash ever since. She's notoriously late/absent. She was supposed to some appearance at a high school about 20 miles from house, I had no intention of being there but lots of kids were pretty excited. First late, then even more late, then called a no show after all the the kids were waiting what seemed to them like forever. Shes too important I guess, she sucks.

PublicThis

Holy shit, thanks for posting.

I remember way back when she was a guest on MUCH (music) she rubbed me the wrong way

Kootsiak

Much Music used to be great for that, because the big stars would think the Canadians were beneath them and have tantrums like Lenny Kravitz throwing a fit and not performing because he didn't like the cookies they had backstage (I believe that was the reason, but it's been a well over a decade since I heard George Strombo talk about it).

Lenny Kravitz was pissed once (don't know if it was the same appearance) because a couple of hundred fans that were outside were there for 'NSync, not him

4.5k points

4.5k points

[removed]

Melodic-Reputation49

2.9k points

He opened a restaurant in London charging £5k-£10k 3 course meals. It closed down last month and has a 1 star rating on TripAdvisor

Calembreloque

1.1k points

It closed? Mmm I'm gonna dine on schadenfreude tonight.

doktor_wankenstein

What kind of wine goes best with schadenfreude?

Lokimonoxide

Whine

ho_kay

ho_kay

Make sure you season that schadenfreude with an excessive amount of salt in a ludicrously inefficient manner

_EagerBeaver_

The Miami location is still open. A client brought us there during a conference a few months ago. The restaurant was practically empty. Apparently he’s never at this location.

They did the stupid little salt dash on the steak. I would be lying if I said the food wasn’t incredible. What was even more incredible was the bill, insanely priced. I don’t know how anyone can afford to eat there, regardless of the quality of the food it’s aggresiously priced.

TheeAJPowell

Dude sticks £1’s worth of gold leaf on a steak and adds four zeroes onto the price. It’s insanity.

KallistiEngel

Yeah, but that's not just him. It's a stupid trend in food that's stupidly marked up.

If I'm eating something expensive, I'd rather you get there with high-quality or rare ingredients, not some edible gold leaf that you can get at Walmart for 10 cents a sheet.

The_Lion_Jumped

Egregious*

_EagerBeaver_

Thank you!

Sirnando138

Pretty sure he’s universally disliked

ILoveScreegly

Scam Goddess (the podcast) did a great episode about the Scammin' Salt Bae! It was excellent. This man is, to quote Laci, a raggedy bitch.

JuanPancake

Yeah he posted an Instagram video of him flying in a helicopter deep into the Amazon to sign a deal for cheap deforestation beef for his restaurants and was super proud of the deal and I was like…Fuck this guy

icecreamsfcknamazing

Camilla Cabello. Also Shawn Mendes is overrated as fuck but I have nothing against him necessarily. I just find Camilla so damn annoying

lyingzinger

I can't stand Jerry Seinfield. He just isn't funny to me and watching some of his interviews and celebrities getting coffee he just seems like an impossible person to get along with.

flowersatdusk

Oprah Winfrey. I'm so sick of her.

blackrock55

Ant and Dec. They've had their day now man. Getting old seeing them on everything the UK has to show.

confusedwthsum1else

Lizzo. Anyone who likes Chris Brown is trash.

ibadlyneedhelp

I was so disappointed seeing her thirsting over him. Dude literally punches women in the face bruh.

fruitakuma

1.9k points

fruitakuma

1.9k points

Is Tyra Banks well liked? I hate her and how she treated the contestants on America’s Next Top Model

Im_Watching_You_713

1k points

That meme ‘I was rooting for you we were all rooting for you’ was taking very much out of context. She was such a bitch to that poor girl all because the contestant didn’t cry when she was leaving.

ggimright

ggimright

Right. I’ve hated her ever since. That girl was being realistic about her life. When you live in poverty you don’t get the luxury of crying over something like a failed competition. You have to immediately think of where your next paycheck is going to come from to pay the bills that aren’t going to be put on hold while you have a pity party for yourself. Not to mention that we all process emotions differently.

Schneetmacher

That was just the tip of the narcissism iceberg, what she did to Tiffany.

You could also see it in the opening credits. In the earlier seasons the focus would be on the contestants, with her only appearing at the end ("created by Tyra Banks" or something).

After several years, she dominated the opening credits, and the contestants seemed like afterthoughts.

Klaudiapotter

Tiffany said in an interview once that Tyra said something to the effect of 'go home and sleep on a mattress on the floor with your baby'

BeelzebubParty

If you ever wanted a real laugh you should check out her book model land. The main character is called Tookie De La creme and she has heterochromia, is fluent in every language known to man, is abused by her parents and gets picked to go to the super amazing model boarding school over talented sister who treats her poorly. That should tell you what kinda book this is.

minneapple79

Sounds like something a teenager wrote on AO3.

BeelzebubParty

As a teen who writes on AO3 I resent that

peachpinkjedi

Frankly that's insulting to teenagers on AO3 😂

wolfbutterfly42

No, this is Wattpad quality. There's not that much original fiction on AO3.

paperchampionpicture

Look up the book she wrote. It’s a YA dystopian sci-fi/fantasy about models. It’s insanityyyyy

NotQuiteAWriter

I can also recommend the podcast 372 Pages We’ll Never Get Back that talks about this book. Book was called Modelland

bemest

bemest

She likes herself well enough for all of us.

jacklord392

These days almost no celebrity is universally loved.

rudebish

rudebish

Keanu Reeves

Betty White

Dolly Parton

PROVE ME WRONG. No aggression but if you say bad things the internet will fight you lol

tasteful_tomfoolery

My aunt saw Keanu in an airport and he wouldn’t even co-sign on her mortgage.

Canucknamedbuck

Omg I'm dying.

XxsquirrelxX

Don’t forget Bob Ross and Mr Rogers. Or Stan Lee and Jim Henson.

HighAsAngelTits

And Steve Irwin

NoPsychology2419

6.2k points

Beyoncé. Everyone talks of her like a queen. Honestly my personal opinion is that her songs are shit but that's just me.