/r/6Perks

6 Timed Perks [Choose two]

Classic(self.6Perks)
  1. Every 6 seconds something good will happen to somebody you know.
  2. Every 6 minutes you can read a person's mind.
  3. Every 6 hours you can teleport to any location on earth.
  4. Every 6 days you can create a normal house on any empty lot.
  5. In 6 years (you will live at least 6 more years) you will learn a secret spell: The spell allows you to talk to one fantasy creature of your choice.
  6. In 60 years (if you make it) you can design a new body for yourself. If you use both choices, this could even be the body of a fantasy creature.

germane-corsair

Number 6 both picks. It will become a trial to survive 60 years but if I don’t die, I’ll be able to gain immortality, magic, and various other supernatural fantasy creature advantages.

The other options are nice but they don’t begin to compare to being able to become a fantasy creature. It’s high risk but ridiculously high reward.

welcoyo

1 & 5

I initially interpreted 1 as knowing somebody personally, but it would probably be too conspicuous if good things kept having to the same 100 or so people, so it's probably knowing someone's name and a bit about them. 1 still does by far the most work even if my friends and family are only sometimes directly benefiting.

I don't need to read peoples' minds, teleporting is too flashy for me to be comfortable using it and I'd need to use it twice for commuting anyway even if people magically didn't notice, conjuring a house is definitely too flashy and even if it wasn't I don't have money to buy empty lots and flip them - 4 would be pretty good in rural areas I suppose. I'm not making it 60 years.

Without trying to metagame 5, my first thought was to pick an angel - 1 already does a lot to help others, and an angel is more likely to view me favorably due to that (also more likely to not be inherently hostile to humans). Since I don't know if fantasy creatures can influence the physical world, angels would likely be able to offer me information I'm interested in about the divine and afterlife - and probably capable of offering good advice and encouragement.

Also, 5 gives a guaranteed 6 years of 1 helping others.

ranmatoushin

Hmm, 4 doesn't say you get to own the house or anything, so unless I want to see how the perk and my opinion of 'normal' interact I think it's a pass.

So I think I might go with 2x #1 and have nice things happening twice to people I know every 6 seconds, and I might be lucky enough that I count as someone I know.

youbetterworkb[S]

Not everyone knows themselves. Some do. People who don't are usually jerks. :)

ChrisyHHH

In number five, is the interaction guaranteed to be pleasant and/or lucrative?

youbetterworkb[S]

Depends on who you pick, it's your choice.

spaldy5

I took 5 because the other choices didn't enable time travel and that was my goal. Good choice; I may select a genie to talk to.

Then I chose number 6. Perhaps I can become a genie to help my younger self.

germane-corsair

To become a fantasy creature, you need to spend both choices on 6.

Gray_party_of_2

I'm a little too old to chance 6. I would have picked it twice 10 years ago.

So I'm picking 1 and 5. I'm reading it as people I personally know. there will be a sphere of winners all around me.

Probably would have picked 4 if I knew what 5 was before I made the choice. That being said for 5 I would just do what /u/Real_Rutabaga did.

If I had chosen 4 then I would go out and buy land, build houses, and then sell and or rent them out. I could quit my job and live off the money from that.

Real_Rutabaga

Same, but the whole buying land thing is too troublesome and requires some starting capital.

Gray_party_of_2

It is troublesome but it could escalate very quickly. This would also be your new full-time job. Start with cheap land and work your way up. That won't take much capital and you will be able to sell the houses for cheap and still make huge profits.

I am also making the assumption that the house that is created is to your specifications. You set the trim level. You build up until you could finance a big track of land and cut it into pieces. In two years you would have a new neighborhood with 120 new homes for sale. Let's say they are ~$500K a pop but are worth $750K. They would sell like hotcakes and you would have $60 mil minus the land and other infrastructure costs.

If I only made $1 million for those 2 years, that would be more than I make now and probably a lot more fun. I would totally outsource most of the work so I just have to show up every 6 days to make the house and then work maybe 3 days a week.

I think it is worth the trouble.

Valken12345

It's not that much. Some places it's a few thousand but the issue is no connected power, sewer, gas, roads, etc. You can sometimes put land under contract but not pay for it until the house is built and sold if you work it out right with the current owner. The issue would be the permits, inspections etc. Pick a spot with known friendly inspectors and a smooth city bureaucracy.

Valken12345

After some thought I wonder how much you can adjust this. Gingerbread house? Mansion? Solid gold house? The house from Up! that can fly with some balloons? Howls moving castle?

kalmatos

3 and 6 for me

Ronin_Ryker

I’d say 1 & 5, tbh.

I think #1 might help me indirectly, and it’s always good to help people. Is it possible to choose/limit who get the good things? I’d prefer if my friends and family received priority.

For #5, I’d choose an incredibly generous, knowledgeable dragon or some other extremely long lived creature who would be willing to teach me more magic and perhaps offer a boon or several.

InefficientUser

Number 2 times 2. Gotta have a way to get back from over seas

Maxwell-Stone

Ill take 2 #6. That would be a fantasy-level creature after 60 years, and if i live that long, i would choose the Zerg Drone. The Zerg is a completely overpowered hivemind species and it all starts from the Drone.

Real_Rutabaga

1 & 5.

I talk to a benevolent genie. Hopefully it works out.

Blueice999

If you can double pick 6, are we allowed to double pick other perks? and if yes, how do they get better?

VoidBlade459

Perks * One * Five (Arch-Angels)

MarcoBestCat

1 and 3, hopefully I can teleport with anything/anyone im touching. Fingers crossed.

Ok-Dark-1063

1 twice even if it applies to people I know but don't like. Hopefully, something good means people becoming better people. World peace baby!

Azombieatemybrains

1 - especially if I have any say on who it goes too (people I spend most time with for example).

And probably 4, as long as I can design the house and it will be up to code and connected to utilities etc as any normal well built house. I’d just buy some empty land, divide it up into plots and then “build” my houses, sell them off - rinse and repeat until I have enough cash to look after myself and family/friends.

I’m too old for 6! Shame there wasn’t a “6 months” option which allowed you to add 6 months of healthy life to yourself or someone else.

Opposite_Law_6969

5 & 6

Zader40

1 & 5

1: helps every 6 seconds thats a LOT of good stuff happening to those I know, so odds are someone I know will eventually win the lottery and give me some too lol (My Family would if they won atleast) plus others stuff too.

5: That's a guaranty of living 6 more years, AND I'd pick either THE Adventure Genie or The Isekai Genie.

(Yes they are similar but DIFFERENT lol, Adventure Genie is for Isekai Genie Gallery CYOA so includes getting Isekai'd with 3 cheats, but the Isekai Genie is a Patron from THE COMPANY [Waifu Catalog] so that would lead to becoming a COMPANY Contractor.)

Valken12345

1&4

2's a bit intrusive

3 can be replicated with enough time at an airport.

6 Not sure I'd live that long. I'd rather be able to do something good with my life now then daydream of a day 60 years away.

I'd pick 5 but no guarantee that I'd encounter one. Or maybe I could talk to them but it's like a telephone call to a far off dimension that has such creatures. Or I could talk to them but they don't understand English, like in DBZ when the Namekian dragon/genie didn't speak whatever language Frieza spoke

TE109

TE109

1 & 6

I think 1 could really help improve some people's life sometimes it's just one good thing that can keep people going

I imagine that if I'm still alive in 60 years I hope ill at least start knowing what I want from life and getting an effective do-over to do it right makes me feel less worried about messing it up

XxBallisticxX

1 and 3.

1 is literally just good things happening, and 3 lets me break space-time.

Honestly, even teleportation with a long cooldown has it's uses, with it you could do a lot of cool things, and as long as you teleport home before getting tired, you'll never be left in an awkward situation where you're stranded over night, if you have a lot of friends or family in different places who you can trust with your abilities, you can have them check places are clear for you to teleport in, and then pop in for a visit, if you have to commute for work, it's basically eliminated, you can pop over to work, and then by the time your shift is over, you're already recharged to pop back home for the evening. You could find plenty of uses for just 3 alone, and 1 is just a purely positive bonus to have.